Articles on this Page
- 10/21/18--18:59: _I have numerous pop...
- 10/21/18--19:23: _Ways to block Windo...
- 10/21/18--21:35: _Stuck start menu gr...
- 10/21/18--22:35: _Email issue
- 10/21/18--23:18: _music try topay whe...
- 10/21/18--23:59: _Multiple Firefox br...
- 10/22/18--00:10: _Right Click
- 10/22/18--01:01: _Photos background c...
- 10/22/18--01:13: _Cortana Help - how ...
- 10/22/18--01:23: _Article on the thou...
- 10/22/18--16:54: _BitLocker in 10 Pro...
- 10/22/18--17:28: _USB ports suddenly ...
- 10/22/18--18:40: _Pango Screen Dimmer...
- 10/22/18--19:05: _Even without Defend...
- 10/22/18--21:28: _Solved Cannot insta...
- 10/22/18--23:28: _HDD failed to refor...
- 10/22/18--23:42: _Dell Inspiron 3147 ...
- 10/23/18--00:10: _Doesn't receive lat...
- 10/23/18--00:45: _Is it possible?
- 10/23/18--01:27: _BSOD 0xc000021a, me...
- 10/21/18--18:59: I have numerous pop ups. I have no idea how to stop them.
- 10/21/18--19:23: Ways to block Windows 10 updates
- 10/21/18--21:35: Stuck start menu group (can't delete)
- 10/21/18--22:35: Email issue
- 10/21/18--23:18: music try topay when i start browser and thru all the uptimer
- 10/21/18--23:59: Multiple Firefox browser tabs load
- 10/22/18--00:10: Right Click
- 10/22/18--01:01: Photos background colour?
- 10/22/18--01:13: Cortana Help - how to go to open programs
- 10/22/18--01:23: Article on the thoughts of others about win 10 updates
- 10/22/18--16:54: BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way?
- 10/22/18--17:28: USB ports suddenly unrecognized, among other troubles, DeviceCensus
- 10/22/18--18:40: Pango Screen Dimmer | Tray Color | Visually Impaired
- 10/22/18--19:05: Even without Defender or ANY anti-malware Win 10 keeps deleting exes
- 10/22/18--21:28: Solved Cannot install driver for sound card
- 10/22/18--23:28: HDD failed to reformat, disappeared except for in BIOS
- 10/22/18--23:42: Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode
- 10/23/18--00:10: Doesn't receive latest update
- 10/23/18--00:45: Is it possible?
- 10/23/18--01:27: BSOD 0xc000021a, metadata check returns 0x32, no fix working
I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 64 bit. I have Macafee security. I have numerous pop ups and I have run many virus scans, including with Malwarebytes. Nothing shows up. I use Chrome most of the time and I have Adblock Plus but nothing stops these pop ups. I will attach a photo.
I'm having issues with a recent windows cumulative update. I uninstalled said update, and blocked it using wushowhide tool. However, after leaving my pc on, unattended for a few minutes, I came back to see that the pc had restarted and begun updating automatically.
After the update finished, I viewed the update history, and confirmed that the update that was just installed was the exact one...
Got a couple of empty groups on start menu I can't delete. They normally go away when you delete all the tiles, but these didn't.
I ran my usual script to delete all bloatware from MS that comes pre-installed, so their tiles got removed but a couple groups got stuck.
What I tried:
1) finding a way to readd some app onto these groups so I could attempt to delete it again. Couldn't figure out...
I run outlook.live.com as my email and I have three different addresses the current hotmail one my old bigpond and an old GMail the latter two I very rarely if at all use but I keep getting emails from Microsoft about updating my credentials.
Now I have looked at what they say I should do but get stuck where the unused emails are as I don't know what they want me to do with those addresses.
short bars of music play when i first start windows and when i open browser and several times at random when windows is open, no virus/malware involved. last thing i was doing was installing and pairing headphones, i was not doing that them but when i turned computer of then started it next day thats when music started, may not have anything to do with that installation, any ideas how...
*:DRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try Microsoft Edge" and "Self help topics". Has anyone had this annoying problem please? I have been to other forums and Microsoft but...
Right clicking in a window or desktop opens (through New dropdown menu item) the possibillity to create a new folder or new Text Document.
Lately this takes longer than usual (I think, but am not sure, after a Windows update).
Not a big deal, rather a nuisance, but I am wondering if there anything can be done about that.
Otherwise my system, latest version of Windows 10 Home Edition, seems...
Has Windows Photos background changed to white? I prefer the black background, is there a way to change it?
I have just been playing with Cortana commands and I can open programs fine, like word and excel, but I would like to be able to go directly to an open program - one that is already open by saying go to word, but this just opens another word window. Is this possible?
this is from ARS Technika
I noticed this in BitLocker but can't remember if it is is normal.
Look at the Icon posted below...
Attachment 209522 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/209522-bitlocker-10-pro-why-icon-looking-way-capture.png)
If the drive is Fully Encrypted with BitLocker, why is the _padlock_ shown in a open state?
My computer has been running into a few random problems over the last few months and I am a bit concerned.
Rebooting has helped solve the problems I am about to describe - only temporarily. They are persistent and unpredictable however.
I purchased this computer, an HP Pavilion 15t-cc500 CTO, in late January 2018. The first suspicious occurrence may have less to do with Windows 10 and more...
I have been using pango screen dimmer
PangoBright screen dimming utility, from Pangolin Laser Systems (https://pangobright.com/)
with an HP Z23N turned to portrait mode.
Pango is the only app I know of that sits in the tray and allows keystroke control of the brightness levels. The needed settings vary as the daylight and what's on the screen changes. Other dimming solutions do not offer...
Several utilities from Nirsoft.net are known to produce malware false positives. But I want to use some of them anyway, so I knew I'd have to disable my Avast anti-malware tool as well as Windows Defender. I did all that, but whenever I try to install or merely extract one such .exe file, it always and immediately gets deleted!
So I disabled Defender completely in the Group Editor, rebooted,...
I have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card installed and I have tried to install the driver from the CD disk but will not do anything with it .
Any ideas greatly appreciated
Earlier today I attempted to transfer some data from one HDD to another. At exactly 78% of the way through, it gave me an error, "the destination you have specified does not exist". Then the drive disappeared from This PC. Also, would not show in disk management or disk part. Upon rebooting, the disk reappeared. I tried to transfer the data two more times but the same thing happened.
I bought a second hand Dell Inspiron 3147. It's running the A12 BIOS. I can't for the life of me get it to wake from sleep.
I tried researching this issue but nothing seems to work. I have a fresh Windows 10 Home install. I went to the Dell website and downloaded all the suggested drivers. I looked for power management settings under keyboard but it is missing on my machine. It's also...
Hello i check windows update everyday and also it automatically checking. I check on internet about latest windows 10 version and the latest is 1809 build 17763.55 meanwhile my windows stuck at version 1803 build 17134.345. How do i solve this? This happening on my laptop and PC.
I decided that I would quite like an NVME SSD even though my PC is quite old. i7 Sandy Bridge, 24Gb RAM.
So I have installed a PCIE NVME card with an XPG sx8200 ssd. I think that it is not possible to boot directly to this from BIOS so I thought "No problem, I'll leave the EFI partition on the SATA SSD and do a clean install on the NVME". So I did that.......it came up as dual boot as expected...
Hello. Yesterday I turned my PC off as usual, haven't seen any updates installing, the next time I turned it on, it crashed with BSOD 0xc000021a, then on restart it failed to fix the startup settings. Now it alternates between crashing and failing to restore. I have installed a lot of things recently (like android studio and such), but it all worked fine across restarts. No new drivers or...