Articles on this Page
- 10/17/18--22:26: _Internal optical dr...
- 10/17/18--23:40: _Can't change defaul...
- 10/18/18--00:45: _EXCELLENT Free Offi...
- 10/18/18--00:47: _How to auto bypass ...
- 10/18/18--00:51: _Windows firewall no...
- 10/18/18--01:12: _All icons re-arrang...
- 10/18/18--01:22: _WindowsDefender won...
- 10/18/18--12:28: _VR/Holo Microsoft N...
- 10/18/18--13:16: _Changing the defaul...
- 10/18/18--13:42: _Firefox Search shor...
- 10/18/18--14:14: _Announcing .NET Cor...
- 10/18/18--14:21: _.NET Framework Octo...
- 10/18/18--22:14: _Upgrade from v1803 ...
- 10/18/18--23:18: _General question ab...
- 10/19/18--00:30: _Black/greyish backg...
- 10/19/18--01:43: _Twitter adds new no...
- 10/19/18--03:02: _Win 10 Best Min Specs?
- 10/19/18--17:15: _New install, won't ...
- 10/19/18--17:45: _Last One To Post Wi...
- 10/19/18--18:54: _Paging File Size be...
- 10/17/18--22:26: Internal optical drive seen as removable drive
- 10/17/18--23:40: Can't change default program to open files.
- 10/18/18--00:45: EXCELLENT Free Office suite (comapatible With Office 2016/2019)
- 10/18/18--00:47: How to auto bypass captcha on chrome and firefox
- 10/18/18--00:51: Windows firewall not logging packets
- 10/18/18--01:12: All icons re-arranged auto while on switch user in Windows 10
- 10/18/18--12:28: VR/Holo Microsoft Next Gen HoloLens Targeted for late Q2 2019
- 10/18/18--13:16: Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool
- 10/18/18--13:42: Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster
- 10/18/18--14:14: Announcing .NET Core 2.2 Preview 3
- 10/18/18--14:21: .NET Framework October 2018 Preview of Quality Rollup
- 10/18/18--22:14: Upgrade from v1803 to 1809 with BitLocker?
- 10/18/18--23:18: General question about ffmpeg
- 10/19/18--00:30: Black/greyish background in windows explorer.
- 10/19/18--01:43: Twitter adds new notices on reported Tweets for more clarity
- 10/19/18--03:02: Win 10 Best Min Specs?
- 10/19/18--17:15: New install, won't boot with new vid card
- 10/19/18--17:45: Last One To Post Wins 
- 10/19/18--18:54: Paging File Size being set to none
I've got a CQ62 running an AMD processor. It's working great in every way but one.
The internal CD/DVD burner is seen as a removable drive, and is inaccessible. Under Device Manager it's listed under Disk Drives, whereas normally it should be under DVD/CD Drives.
The drive is unusable in Windows, but I can boot from it, and a live Linux session sees the drive fine, as does...
I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.
I already tried:
* right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
* settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not...
For those that don't need or want subscriptions to Office 2016 / 365 etc this suite just keeps getting better and better
Downloads - WPS Office Community (http://wps-community.org/downloads) (Windows Link also on the page)
I've found it as pretty well compatible with Ms stuff including .xlsx formats for EXCEL (and I'm quite a power user).
Here's a complex pie chart example...
Is there any method on How to auto bypass captcha on chrome and firefox ? Its pissing me off day by day!
I need to troubleshoot firewall but it doesn't generate logs.
I use firewall policy from local group policy and logging is enabled there.
things I tried so far:
change log file path to E:/logs/firewall_log.txt
create file manually
I have Lenovo X1 Carbon and had some blurry text issue which I resolved with the help of below thread:
Blurry text Solved - Page 10 - Windows 10 Forums (https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/7423-blurry-text-10.html#post1488579)
After doing so whenever I do switch user and leave desk and come back to login than I see all Desktop icons get re-arrange and I have to arrange...
I have F-secure installed on a Win 10 pro computer but even though F-secure is installed windows defender is still enabled.
somehow the computer won't recognize F-secure and disable Windows Defender.
I tried reinstalling F-secure same thing nothing changed and if I manually disable windows defender then when opening F-secure it says that "your computer is protected" but in Windows...
Its no secret that Microsoft is working on a next-gen HoloLens as the company released the first iteration several years ago. The big question is when the next iteration will arrive as the company has been building the product in broad daylight.
In early 2018, the target was to show off the device this year but following development hurdles, the company has pushed back the...
After making a new snip with the snipping tool you can send to an email recipient with the image as an attachment.
By default this attachment is a jpg. Is there any way to change the extension so the attachment is always a specific extension? I'd ideally like png.
Search is one of the most common activities that people do whenever they go online. At Mozilla, we are always looking for ways to streamline that experience to make it fast, easy and convenient for our users.Our Firefox browser provides a variety of options for people to search the things and information they seek when theyre on the web, so we want to make search even easier. For...
Today, we are announcing* .NET Core 2.2 Preview 3 (https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-core/2.2)*. We have made more improvements to the overall release that we would love to get your feedback on, either in the comments or at *dotnet/core #2004 (https://github.com/dotnet/core/issues/2004)*.
*ASP.NET Core 2.2 Preview 3...
Today, we are releasing the October 2018 Preview of Quality Rollup.
*Quality and Reliability*
This release contains the following quality and reliability improvements.
At the moment, I am planning to hold off on v1809 since there are some issues with this version. Anyways, once the time comes that I decide and go ahead with this feature upgrade (or any feature upgrade), will BitLocker ask for the Recovery Key during the upgrade process? Do I need to suspend BitLocker first before performing any Windows 10 feature upgrade?
Does anyone have experience with...
I am just curious and could not find an answer, so I'll ask here, please.
Have some multimedia programs (video and audio) all portables. Each one has "ffmpeg,exe" in its folder.
But file sizes are different: 269 kb to 448 kb, and one even 34,334 kb. Recently downloaded a new version
file size 60,066 kb.
Why the differences, isn't it the same ffmpeg.exe ?
Answers will be appreciated....
I found this image on the internet somewhere. How can I have such dark interface in windows 10 file explorer ?
Moreover, this is not a separate file manager. If you take a closer look on the left edge, you can see the a cropped portion of list having pinned shortcuts which is also dark.
Attachment 209066 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/209066-black-greyish-background-windows-explorer-explorer-image.png)
When we determine that a Tweet violates the *Twitter Rules (https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules)*, we require the violator to delete it before they can Tweet again. One piece of feedback we've heard regularly is that it's not always clear to people when we took enforcement action or if someone deleted a Tweet on their own. Starting today, we're adding new...
As a tech newbie, it looks as though I'm gonna be forced to upgrade my ancient Sony Vaio laptop AGAIN from Win 7 Pro to latest OS 10 just to access most often used apps like Office 2019, et. seq.
Per MS, all specs below exceed min Sys Requirements for Win 10. But I'm a technical _*not*_ TOTAL idiot, and know geeks who make software say what it may take to induce sales that produce...
Just reinstalled w10 to the latest update.
Installed Asus 750TI with 6 pin power and the pc will
Off to pillow land....night, all....
For the last several months, my PC has been suffering from various memory issues. Not returning from idle, low memory warnings, memory allocation warnings, slowness, sluggishness, etc.
i decided to look into manually changing my paging file size and that is when i noticed that Windows is not managing the paging file size for my C drive; it is set to none.
i found instructions on how to...