Articles on this Page
- 09/28/18--02:09: _Hard Disk Sentinel ...
- 09/28/18--02:34: _NVSlimmer 0.3
- 09/28/18--03:37: _BSOD happening shor...
- 09/28/18--04:27: _VMWare WKS 15 defi...
- 09/28/18--06:14: _Bluetooth hopelessl...
- 09/28/18--06:14: _How do you maintain...
- 09/28/18--06:34: _Where is Cortana fo...
- 09/28/18--19:49: _Understanding FPS/S...
- 09/28/18--22:33: _Weird behaviour
- 09/29/18--01:32: _how to download and...
- 09/29/18--01:54: _Windows 10 issues -...
- 09/29/18--02:47: _Drive F since Windo...
- 09/29/18--03:01: _Win 10 1803 update ...
- 09/29/18--04:19: _Upgrade to Pro from...
- 09/29/18--05:27: _Optimize Drives say...
- 09/29/18--06:51: _app to create text ...
- 09/29/18--07:15: _Windows 10 How to's
- 09/29/18--23:35: _VMWare WKS 15 - att...
- 09/30/18--00:39: _Video player for ta...
- 09/30/18--01:38: _One says fast. Othe...
- 09/28/18--02:34: NVSlimmer 0.3
- 09/28/18--03:37: BSOD happening shortly after Start-up.
- 09/28/18--04:27: VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade
- 09/28/18--06:14: Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable
- 09/28/18--06:14: How do you maintain a fast Windows computer?
- 09/28/18--06:34: Where is Cortana for Belgian users?
- 09/28/18--19:49: Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark
- 09/28/18--22:33: Weird behaviour
- 09/29/18--01:32: how to download andsave wallpapers
- 09/29/18--01:54: Windows 10 issues - resolutions collections
- 09/29/18--02:47: Drive F since Windows 10 Update
- 09/29/18--03:01: Win 10 1803 update - Thesaurus on MS office 2010 not working
- 09/29/18--04:19: Upgrade to Pro from Home
- 09/29/18--05:27: Optimize Drives says I have SSD when I have HDD
- 09/29/18--06:51: app to create text from an mp3 file?
- 09/29/18--07:15: Windows 10 How to's
- 09/29/18--23:35: VMWare WKS 15 - attaching devices -- great new feature
- 09/30/18--00:39: Video player for taskbar?
- 09/30/18--01:38: One says fast. Other says slow. Which is right? I don't know.
Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% (http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/hard-disk-sentinel)
Worth getting from bitsdujour. Only valid today.
Excellent helpful text summary report and tools.
NVIDIA driver slimming utility.
* Added option to apply pending modifications when repackaging.
* Better filename collision resolution when repackaging.
I've been getting a BSOD occasionally. It appears to have something to do with "Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM", but I'm not sure.
Can you please help?
The zip file I uploaded is empty. I'll run Log Downloader again.
The VMWare WKS release 15 definitely a worthwhile upgrade -- better snapshot managing, memory etc --I/O seems to have been really better optimised too.
Haven't tested all the features but I'm impressed so far -- also annoying defect of having to run in admin mode when using complete RAW (Guest OS native file system) Disks has been fixed too.
Networking also vastly improved with...
I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations.
Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc.
At some point, can't pinpoint, but months, a year, after above, was unable to pair anything from BT speaker to BT...
I have owned my laptop for a year now and I have noticed that its getting slower, it isn't as fast and responsive like it used to be. Is it possible to make my laptop as fast and responsive as it was when it was new without having to reinstall Windows?
I'm from Belgium and still waiting for Cortana.
I can't find any news on when it will be available for us.
Anyone here that knows more about this?
I know we can use it by changing our region and language, but then some other function also think we are not in Belgium anymore lol ..
They said it would be available for us in 2017.
Almost 2019 now and still nothing..
Hi. I recently got Forza Horizon 4. I really do not understand the benchmarks too well.
When I run a benchmark (a 2-3 minute race) with settings locked at 30fps I have zero stutters, GPU limited percentage (?) at zero, and latency at 166.4. If I run the benchmark at the 60fps setting I have 19 stutters (odd because I had 64 running it last night with a slight overclock), 95.1 GPU limited...
Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the 3rd time! When windows has finished installing all updates and I'm on the desktop, my pointer starts stuttering, freezing,...
I have a 1920x1080 HD laptop but cannot find how to download and save wallpapers from the net as I would like to build a library of pictures to change my wall from and to..
Screen brightness slider missing
Brightness control does not working on windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/brightness-control-does-not-working-on-windows-81/4e56ce40-6c55-4541-bce4-dd4206f88cd3)
I have a Clevo p150hm with HD 6970M, and I found a solution after much effort:
1. First I installed the lastest AMD Drivers
After an updated three months ago, my external drive "F" was changed to "G". I was checking "Win-X"-Disk Management and "F Drive" came up with:
F-Simple-NTFS-Healthy-Cap 850mb-308mb free 36%
I tried to find what was in F Drive and couldn't find out. How can this happen, how come I have a drive with information on it, such 542mb, what is going on? And I would like to know if someone is...
Since updating Win10 Pro to 1803 (17134.285) , my Office 2010 has lost the ability to use the Thesaurus.When I click review and then Thesaurus it defaults to 'Research' and the response is " No results found. Please search again". This is the response whether I use the UK English or US English Thesaurus. I have repaired the Office Word, Excel and Outlook. I have looked online and made any other...
I have a license for Pro but my computer died a sudden death. The new one I ordered has the Home edition. Will I be able to upgrade to the Pro version on the new system? I would think so but you never know.
As a result it won't let me optimize the drive. If this helps I'm running fall creators update (1709) and the hard drive from device manager is specifically "Intel Optane+931GBHDD".
I have voice recordings from meetings in mp3 format. Is there free software to create a text file from there?
Windows 10 How to's
I noticed using WKS 15 a great new feature -- a screen prompt comes up asking if you want to connect the device to the HOST or the VM. (Also you can drop down to choose the VM if you have several running).
Attachment 206212 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/virtualization/206212-vmware-wks-15-attaching-devices-great-new-feature-vm.png)
Sometimes you want it to the HOST, sometimes to the VM - I like this as it saves messing...
Heyall, long time no see?
I'm wondering if there's any video player which is able to play videos on taskbar? Currently i'm using PotPlayer... dunno if it has that option.
I use speedtest.net to check my connection speed. I have 100/100 service from google fiber.
In Chrome I get this with speedtest:
Attachment 206220 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/network-sharing/206220-one-says-fast-other-says-slow-right-i-dont-know-st2.png)
Recently I found they have an app version of speedtest.
Using that I get this:
Attachment 206221 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/network-sharing/206221-one-says-fast-other-says-slow-right-i-dont-know-st1.png)
Both show the same...