Articles on this Page
- 08/20/18--23:33: _No Avatars for Outl...
- 08/20/18--23:36: _Another Weird Probl...
- 08/21/18--00:18: _Computer randomly r...
- 08/21/18--01:29: _How can I Install m...
- 08/21/18--15:48: _Prepare a USB drive...
- 08/21/18--17:35: _No connection, secu...
- 08/21/18--17:41: _Laptop won't detect...
- 08/21/18--17:43: _Almost Random BSOD....
- 08/21/18--17:43: _Windows 10 help pag...
- 08/21/18--19:34: _Cant get computer t...
- 08/21/18--21:53: _How to fix black an...
- 08/21/18--23:43: _ReFS cannot properl...
- 08/21/18--23:59: _Build 17741 USB hot...
- 08/22/18--01:06: _Can't remove paired...
- 08/22/18--20:03: _Windows 10 Desktop ...
- 08/22/18--20:37: _Why use ReFS?
- 08/22/18--20:40: _Recurring WHEA Unco...
- 08/22/18--21:05: _SSD's use more batt...
- 08/22/18--21:10: _The prosecution and...
- 08/22/18--22:34: _Windows resolution ...
- 08/20/18--23:36: Another Weird Problem, Now Window Has Big Space Above it
- 08/21/18--00:18: Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason
- 08/21/18--01:29: How can I Install mouse Pointers Please
- 08/21/18--15:48: Prepare a USB drive for Rescue Disk on Windows 10
- 08/21/18--17:35: No connection, secured wifi error.
- 08/21/18--17:41: Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds
- 08/21/18--17:43: Almost Random BSOD. Found Problem. Need Solution. 0x000000d1
- 08/21/18--17:43: Windows 10 help page opens every time I boot!
- 08/21/18--19:34: Cant get computer to join domain with unattended file in WDS
- 08/21/18--21:53: How to fix black and white mp4 files?
- 08/21/18--23:43: ReFS cannot properly detect and report corruption
- 08/21/18--23:59: Build 17741 USB hot plug defects
- 08/22/18--01:06: Can't remove paired bluetooth devices in Windows 10
- 08/22/18--20:03: Windows 10 Desktop Boot Problem
- 08/22/18--20:37: Why use ReFS?
- 08/22/18--20:40: Recurring WHEA Uncorrectable Error
- 08/22/18--21:05: SSD's use more battery power than HDD?
- 08/22/18--21:10: The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license.
- 08/22/18--22:34: Windows resolution set to 800*600 cant reach menues.
When a new e-mail appears in my Outlook 2016 (365) account(s), that is shown in Actions Center. However, the notification does not show the sender's avatar (image) even though that's saved to my People details for my most used contacts. I have seen these 'Avatars' in some UWP apps (Twitter...?) so theoretically it could work.
Seems this isn't implement / feasible in current Office. And...
And I cant even show it, cause the screen shot how-to I wrote down wont even work now. Start on my empty desktop. Click one of my icons in the taskbar (w10), when it comes up, about 1/4 of screen is an empty gray area above the address bar. If I click another one, a small unreadable one appears in that area.
I'll bet this is another one of those "hardly ever heard of that before" kind of...
Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this screenshot that shows that my computer is opening multiple instances of the same program, so possibly thats the reason? any help...
How can I Install mouse Pointers Please
Attachment 200211 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/software-apps/200211-how-can-i-install-mouse-pointers-please-ashampoo_snap_tuesday-august-21-2018_10h21m57s_002_.png)
I have my USB drive of 16 gb-- actually Win10 reads it as 14gb.
To use this USB stick as the sole device for Rescue Repair, what is necessary
to do the task? As mentioned the USB is recognized at This PC in Windows 10.
But I'm getting an error when I try to do the routine.
Should I do the task of putting on an NTFS format from Rufus or do it through
Admin tools? I don't know as...
After literally 2 days of trying to get my ethernet working and finding out i need a new network card i decided to try and get my wifi dongle working. I installed the win 10 64x drivers for the dwa 131 revE dongle and i get this error. I tried multiple drivers but nothing worked. I've tried to find a solution on google but could not find a clear or working one so im taking my chances here.
I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.
* In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high...
Attachment 200314 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/bsod-crashes-debugging/200314-almost-random-bsod-found-problem-need-solution-0x000000d1-cooliothemo2-pc-tue_08_21_2018_164516_60.zip)
For the Past 3 weeks or so, my computer has been having almost random blue screen errors. I have tried to purposefully recreate the Blue Screen to find out what might be causing it. But I have had no luck doing so. They come at random times. Some days it doesn't happen. Other days it happens 10+ times.
Why? For the last two weeks my computer has opened chrome to the Windows 10 help page every time I've booted it. I have no idea why. It isn't in the startup list... or listed as a home page in my browser, or anything like that. I've looked everywhere I know to look to figure out why, and can't find anything. Just seems that my computer wants me to get some help with windows 10. The browser...
Recently, I have implemented WDS within my workplace to get away from Configuration Manager (As crazy as this might sounds), the reason being is to help streamline and reduce the time it takes to image a single machine and also to decrease the amount of post deployment steps after a computer is done imaging.
So far, I've managed to get WDS configured, create a boot image, capture...
Whenever I play an mp4 file from my computer, the appearance of the video is black and white. However, not all mp4 files from my computer do that. It seems like the video files I have created specially from Windows Movie Maker are black and white because videos that I have taken from a video recorder don't seem to be black and white. I also have video files that have been converted...
I've performed quite a few tests with both mirrored and simple volumes having corrupted files. ReFS does a terrible job at detecting and reporting corruption. Many corrupt files go undetected when the should be caught. When corruptions are detected, they are most often not reported in the event log. Corrupted files are reported as fixed and then reported as having checksum errors. What a mess.
USB devices sometimes not recognized in this build when "hot plugged".
description of defect and "the get around" from my post :
New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17744 - August 21 Insider - Page 5 - Windows 10 Forums (https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/116381-new-windows-10-insider-preview-fast-build-17744-august-21-a-5.html#post1442332)
should be post nr 44
Hi, I have a problem with bluetooth in Windows 10.
I can't remove bluetooth devices to re-pair them. I tried add bluetooth manual but can't found my devices.
In Bluetooth setting, none of them appear but I can see them in Devices Manager, like images below.
Attachment 200335 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/drivers-hardware/200335-cant-remove-paired-bluetooth-devices-windows-10-a-1.png)
In addition to my other computers, I have a home-built Windows 10 desktop.
* Main board is EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI
* CPU is Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9300
* 4 Gigs RAM
* Two physical drives installed
* Operating system has been upgraded over and over, and two years ago it was up to Windows 10.
* I also have what I assumed was an emergency startup DVD, "System Repair Cooler Master Win 10...
Is anyone here using the Microsoft resilient file system? If so, why?
A few hours ago I experienced the latest in a series of BSOD's. The cause is always a WHEA error. This last time the error occurred I was away from my laptop for about 5 minutes when it happened. I had Firefox open and I believe I had JRiver Media Center running too but it wasn't playing anything at the time. The other times had the BSOD taking place when I had Firefox open and...
Tom's Hardware article: The SSD Power Consumption Hoax (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-hdd-battery,1955.html)
What got me considering this was actually not about runtime duration performance, but battery drain during cold shutdown..
One HP notebook I have (Envy M6) is getting a bit old and I was noticing that when completely shut down, it would lose about 50% power in about 10...
On the Internet, I have seen cases of transfer of OEM licenses after motherboard change.
Assuming an OEM user has successfully transferred the license via Activation Troubleshooter, is it possible for Microsoft to prosecute them in the future? Does the OEM license agreement mention a relevant penalty?
Hi I got a small issue that turned into a mudslide with my Asus laptop K55A. I was in the process of connecting a projector to the computer to watch movies. And did not get the resolution to a crisp level.
Anyhow window suggested "do you want windows to find the optimal resolution" I went for that and had to log out and in again.
Surprised when all was just huge buttons on the screen. Too big...