Articles on this Page
- 08/23/18--00:51: _W10 Workstation Pro...
- 08/23/18--00:56: _User Problems when ...
- 08/23/18--01:18: _Move W10 MBR OS to ...
- 08/23/18--01:57: _Logitech C920 Webca...
- 08/23/18--19:16: _Photos app from sto...
- 08/23/18--19:33: _Is Intel Trustworthy
- 08/23/18--19:35: _How did Intel get t...
- 08/23/18--20:26: _reset this pc
- 08/23/18--21:45: _Cannot Access Share...
- 08/23/18--22:05: _Libraries folder
- 08/23/18--23:15: _Office 2016 Manual ...
- 08/23/18--23:30: _Wanting to buy Wind...
- 08/23/18--23:58: _Icons hosed up afte...
- 08/24/18--01:10: _Windows Update keep...
- 08/24/18--15:11: _Create a bootable W...
- 08/24/18--15:26: _Cortana search box ...
- 08/24/18--16:06: _Xbox This Week on X...
- 08/24/18--16:09: _Solved Trying to er...
- 08/24/18--16:42: _Surface Updates for...
- 08/24/18--18:42: _Solved Unable to ma...
- 08/23/18--00:51: W10 Workstation Pro edition - Anybody here yet
- 08/23/18--00:56: User Problems when trying to share
- 08/23/18--01:18: Move W10 MBR OS to GPT OS without re-installing windows
- 08/23/18--01:57: Logitech C920 Webcam keeps auto-adjusting mic volume
- 08/23/18--19:16: Photos app from store wont download
- 08/23/18--19:33: Is Intel Trustworthy
- 08/23/18--19:35: How did Intel get this on my computer?
- 08/23/18--20:26: reset this pc
- 08/23/18--21:45: Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures)
- 08/23/18--22:05: Libraries folder
- 08/23/18--23:15: Office 2016 Manual set up problems
- 08/23/18--23:30: Wanting to buy Windows 10 OS online as a download--how to and where?
- 08/23/18--23:58: Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware
- 08/24/18--01:10: Windows Update keeps finding an already installed cumulative update.
- 08/24/18--15:11: Create a bootable Windows 10 installer on the second hard drive
- 08/24/18--15:26: Cortana search box is now huge
- 08/24/18--16:06: Xbox This Week on Xbox: August 24, 2018
- 08/24/18--16:09: Solved Trying to erase system partition from 2nd hard drive (errors)
- 08/24/18--18:42: Solved Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1
Just wondering if anybody on these Forums is usimg Windows 10 Workstation Pro yet and if so what's the difference between that and standard W10 Pro or W10 Enterprise.
I've followed your tutorial on sharing a folder C:\stuff in my \\comp1 and my laptop, \\comp2 can see the icons of the shared folder \\comp1\stuff under network/comp1
However when I try to look at the contents of \\comp1\stuff I am told I do not have the correct permissions
"Windows cannot access \\comp1\stuff...you do not have permission to access \\comp1\stuff
In both PCs I am an...
Following on from the previous thread in this section there is a way to move an MBR installation to a UEFI W10 installation without re-installing windows.
1) clone your old W10 MBR system (clone not image it) - preferably to external HDD. Use either Acronis or Macrium -- Macrium is my preferred option - incidentally both these programs are on KYHI's recovery disk !!.
2) Get ...
Hi, my logitech c920 webcam that i use to chat on skype; keeps auto adjusting its volume in windows (attached - sound properties) from a good sound volume of 50% to muffling and distorted levels of 80%-90%.
Ive checked the logitech software.
I dont know where else to look?
The title is the basic question. I some how entirely lost the 'Photos' app on my PC It's nowhere to be found so I decided to download it from the app store. when I hit the 'get' button nothing happens. What's going on?
After reading the linked ZDNet article, please vote your choice.
According to ZDNets article, a new clause within Intels software license agreement is what seems to be a move to legally gag developers from revealing performance degradation by its mitigations for Spectre and...
So im updating my computer (luckly ones that don't need restarts), no biggie, I finish and I go to shutdown to do some yard work, but it hangs on the shutdown screen, saying some application called "G" is intefering with the shutdown process. I do a hard-shutdown, turn off the power-strip for good measure. I come back, power everything up, and chrome tells me that 2 of these apps will mess with...
I was wondering if I reset my computer what would I lose ever since 1803 mine freezes up everytime I use edge or firefox ive tried turning off hardware acceleration turned off apps in back ground updated all the new updates nothing has helped
I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The upgrade was done OTA. While I was using Windows 7 I had no network problems.
After the upgrade I am no longer able to access my shared folders or even the other shared computers on my network.
Hello, in my Windows 10 pro, I have on the left pane a folder called Libraries. I would like to change the name and possibly change the ugly icon. I know I can hide it. But that wont help because I can not create a custom made folder in the left pane.
Is there a way through the registry? I try the reg file Take Ownership but it does not appear in the context menu. Thank you
I've complained about this before but OUTLOOK 2016 still tries to auto create an account even when you select "manual". It still does this after latest update.
Outlook 365 might be OK as presumably you go through some sort of "subscription set up" in the first place - I don't have outlook 365 so can't test. Also for a lot of people say on generic servers like gmail the "auto...
I'm in China about to purchase a desktop computer--not a name brand but assembled by parts I choose. As many know here, more often than not the Version sold (or given) to you is a cracked version. I absolutely do not want that and buying a legal English copy is not easy either. Hence one choice I have is buying it here, online perhaps at the Microsoft website. BUT I am not sure where to go....
After a Macrium restore to a different machine I've got an SD card and a Memory stick showing although these are HDD's and can be accessed normally.
Any idea how I can "Regularize" the icons - Macrium restored Windows from a Sony laptop which did have those but the destination computer (which I'm using) had HDD's instead.
BTW the Macrium restore to different hardware worked a...
2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4343909)
I already manually downloaded and installed the above and rebooted my PC several times.
When I ran the installer again, it said "Security Update for Windows (KB4343909) is already installed on this computer." However, Windows Update MiniTool keeps finding this new update. May I simply hide it?
Hello! I've been messing with my laptop for hours now and still doesn't work so here's my problem...
I have new m.2 SSD which I will use to replace my existing SSD on my laptop. Now I want to install an image of my OS on my new SSD but my problem was I don't have a working USB right now to make a bootable windows 10 installer. My laptop has a second mechanical drive here, so my question is can...
Why did my Cortana search box suddenly more than double in size? See the screenshot. I did absolutely nothing to change it and see no setting to revert it back to its typical size. I am running 1803. Restarted computer with no change.
We know youre busy and might miss out on all the exciting things were talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If youve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. Weve pared down the past weeks news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if youd rather watch than read, you can feast your eyes on our weekly video...
Now that I have Windows installed on a new SSD, I want to complete erase the old (second) hard drive and have the entire drive available as one drive letter. I tried removing that system partition using diskpart but getting the following error:
Delete is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume.
Can someone help?
On August 20th we released updates for Surface Book devices running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 or greater to Windows Update. These updates are now available in MSI format on the Microsoft Download Center from the following links:
Click *Download* to download the following files from the *Surface Book Drivers and Firmware page*...
I don't know why but I am unable to make a bootable USB flash drive with Rufus 3.1. I remember doing it successfully a few years back but now I can't. I've watched several tutorial videos on YouTube, but still, it will not work. When I insert the flash drive into my PC or laptop and bring up the boot selection screen, and choose "USB Flash Drive", it's supposed to say something like, "Press any...