Articles on this Page
- 11/29/18--05:53: _Unable to Login to ...
- 11/29/18--20:39: _CMD-Terminal starts...
- 11/29/18--22:24: _Action Center bugs?
- 11/29/18--23:53: _AMD B350 chipset x8...
- 11/30/18--02:54: _Media Tool Unable t...
- 11/30/18--04:18: _Using of reference ...
- 11/30/18--04:59: _Solved New Thunderb...
- 11/30/18--05:46: _Please set the reco...
- 11/30/18--05:57: _Startup performance...
- 11/30/18--06:34: _Get link for micros...
- 11/30/18--06:54: _NEC Multisync PA271...
- 11/30/18--22:01: _Looking for 2 Drivers
- 11/30/18--23:41: _Show a webpage as w...
- 12/01/18--01:58: _Solved Cortana has ...
- 12/01/18--03:16: _Solved Downgrade an...
- 12/01/18--03:30: _VMware users and in...
- 12/01/18--03:38: _How do I reformat e...
- 12/01/18--03:44: _USB problem
- 12/01/18--04:12: _1803 & activation,...
- 12/01/18--06:14: _What KB Number fixe...
- 11/29/18--05:53: Unable to Login to Windows 10
- 11/29/18--20:39: CMD-Terminal starts with "the system cannot find the path specified"
- 11/29/18--22:24: Action Center bugs?
- 11/29/18--23:53: AMD B350 chipset x86 support
- 11/30/18--04:18: Using of reference for commercial or scientific project
- 11/30/18--04:59: Solved New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available
- 11/30/18--05:46: Please set the record straight on correctly disabling SMBv1
- 11/30/18--05:57: Startup performance degradation...
- 11/30/18--06:34: Get link for microsoft store app in windows 10
- 11/30/18--06:54: NEC Multisync PA271W fails to wake up from sleep
- 11/30/18--22:01: Looking for 2 Drivers
- 11/30/18--23:41: Show a webpage as wallpaper (and refresh it?)
- 12/01/18--01:58: Solved Cortana has no voice, fresh install.
- 12/01/18--03:16: Solved Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows
- 12/01/18--03:30: VMware users and insider build 18290 GSOD
- 12/01/18--03:38: How do I reformat entire computer?
- 12/01/18--03:44: USB problem
- 12/01/18--04:12: 1803 & activation, 1809 & HP printers
- 12/01/18--06:14: What KB Number fixes Windows 10 1809?
The desktop PC loads to the Windows Login Screen. When you click the mouse button or keyboard, the screen darkens as if the username and password boxes are going to appear but they don't.
Booting into safe mode also results in the same. Startup repair finds no issues. System Restore and Resetting the PC fail when attempted.
I am kinda frustrated and can't solve this issue with my CMD-Terminal starting with the "the system cannot find the path specified" message. Even if I start it with admin-rights the problem remains the same. What are your suggestions? Here pictures from my issue (my OS is in German):
Attachment 215700 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/215700-cmd-terminal-starts-system-cannot-find-path-specified-q1.png)Attachment 215701...
I have a clean install of Win 10 1809 about 3 weeks old and already the Action Center is playing up. I have Youtube subscriptions that are sent to my Action Center and most of time the links *are not opening*, I click it and it just disappears from the Action Center list without opening the Youtube link. Could this be an issue with Chrome/Youtube and the Action Center or the Action Center itself?...
I know AMD (in a very wise move - pun intended) has retired support for x86 systems, but I have assembled a computer that needs to be x86 because it needs NTVDM to run a 16bit application for controlling a hydroponics device. Yes. I have asked for updates to it but there are none.
Now after switching from x64 to x86 I cannot install VGA driver for the built-in R5 Radeon graphics card...
I cant seem to download a bootable disk to my usb if my life depended on it....I'm borrowing my neighbors pc and need to return it but I NEED to fix my pc! I have deleted everything possible to gain space and even moved some of her files over to a usb I have that's empty....but her pc isn't updated and it wont update either....it says: (I took a screenshot and attached it)
any help would be...
Can you help me to figure out, if I am able to use for free System.Speech.Synthesis (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.speech.synthesis.speechsynthesizer?view=netframework-4.7.2) tts default Zira voice, (without other Microsoft Speech Platform Runtime Languages (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224) or different specific voices...
New Thunderbird Release - 60.3.2
Release Notes: Thunderbird â Release Notes (60.3.2) â Mozilla (https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/60.3.2/releasenotes/?uri=/thunderbird/releasenotes/&locale=en-US&version=60.3.2&channel=release&os=WINNT&buildid=20181128113928)
Download: Thunderbird â Software made to make email easier. â Mozilla (https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/)
Over the past 6 months - I have been making efforts to ensure that SMBv1 is not on our network machines in any capacity - and for the most part it has worked ok.
I use Windows 10 ENT on the workstations and Windows 2016 on the servers.
But I remain confused on the actual correct way to disable this ugly protocol.
If one believes what we see on the Internet - the most common advice is to...
There's an app on my system that causes startup performance degradation:
Attachment 215716 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/performance-maintenance/215716-startup-performance-degradation-unknown-app.jpg)
The file name in the event viewer is "Devic" and in details tab, the folder name displayed as "C:\Devic". This performance degradation does not happen every day and presumably, during the other days the start up is normal.
The issue is...
Is there any way to get the direct link from a window store app?
I don't mean the appx file itself , just the link that prompts you to open microsoft store exactly on the page with the app, as it does when you click "Get" from the microsoft store webpage open in chrome for ex.
I tried inspecting the page, but can't find any link and fiddler didn't help eighter (it cut the connection to windows...
NEC Multisync PA271W fails to wake up from sleep
I enabled display power off in 20 mins and while my Dell wakes up, the NEC does not and the only thing I can do is bounce the system.
I installed the drivers for both monitors so now they appear correctly in the driver section instead of "Generic monitor" but still the NEC PA271W does not wake up.
i cant find these 2 drivers, anyone know? specs below.
Is there a way to designate a particular webpage as wallpaper for the desktop and have it be refreshed periodically?
I'm actually trying to show a webcam image (one of those showing cities or other scenes) on my desktop as my wallpaper, but to have it refreshed from time to time.
[Windows 10 Pro x64 v.1809 Build 17763.134]
Just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and everything is great except Cortana has no voice, she respond to "hey Cortana" and when she does I hear the "Whom" sound to indicate it's running. But when she's supposed to actually speak nothing happens.
The Volume indicators move that says she's making sound but in reality she isn't. Her volume is at 100, I disabled the digital speaker and...
Do you know if it is possible to *downgrade* from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version?
just a warning to anybody who uses vmware on the latest insider build 18290. (Using build 18290 as HOST).
Program will start but as soon as you power on any GUEST (Windows or Linux guests) Windows will abend / crash with GSOD.
Problem reported to VMWARE.
I'm on VMWARE WKS rel 15.0.2 -- also GSOD with VMWARE player. Several people on these forums have had this problem.
I'm having performance issues with my 5-year old laptop. It takes about 7-10 minutes to boot. It also is bloated and has much that I no longer need. I decided to reformat and start fresh. I've made a Macrium disk image and have windows rescue and boot disks for after i reformat the computer.
How do I reformat?? I go to Disk Management and right-click Disk 0 and it says this disk can't be...
Need some help, please.
Well, I have some video cassettes (vcr) which I recorded long time ago when we traveled. Now I wish to convert them into a DVD (while my vcr player still working). Bought a "USB VideoCapture - CapIt VHS to Video" device. Installed the drivers and software, the device was recognized in "Device manager".
When made all the connections to start the job, the...
1) is the problem of ver.1803 later build and demand for activation solved? (besides moving on to 1809)
2) is the problem of ver.1809 and HP printers solved?
1809 solves the activation problem but HP printers stops working (my suspicion is that they are kicked of home network)
What KB Number fixes Windows 10 1809 early Oct Release? I know I know, just click Check for Updates, but what is the actual number, just curious? I'll need to dig out my machine and watch to see which one comes in when I Check for Updates, but want to be prepared with a little knowledge.