Articles on this Page
- 09/11/18--11:11: _Microsoft Security ...
- 09/11/18--11:12: _Cumulative Update K...
- 09/11/18--11:19: _Cumulative Update K...
- 09/11/18--11:27: _KB4456655 Servicing...
- 09/11/18--11:39: _KB4457426 Cumulativ...
- 09/11/18--11:50: _Insider Windows 10 ...
- 09/11/18--11:59: _Frozen start menu i...
- 09/11/18--12:27: _Xbox Xbox One Previ...
- 09/11/18--12:34: _Surface New Driver ...
- 09/11/18--15:04: _Error when upgradin...
- 09/12/18--13:06: _User Accounts Enabl...
- 09/12/18--13:33: _Desktop is missing
- 09/12/18--13:56: _Xbox Xbox One Previ...
- 09/12/18--13:59: _Xbox Xbox One Previ...
- 09/12/18--14:06: _Windows Explorer Issue
- 09/12/18--14:13: _Can not print from ...
- 09/12/18--14:17: _Office Office VBA +...
- 09/12/18--14:18: _Stuck download update
- 09/12/18--15:08: _Securing a WiFi con...
- 09/12/18--15:25: _Strange persisting ...
- 09/11/18--11:11: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 2018
- 09/11/18--11:27: KB4456655 Servicing stack update for Windows 10 v1803 - September 11
- 09/11/18--11:59: Frozen start menu in windows 10.
- 09/11/18--15:04: Error when upgrading version of Windows 10
- 09/12/18--13:33: Desktop is missing
- 09/12/18--14:06: Windows Explorer Issue
- 09/12/18--14:13: Can not print from Windows 10 app Mail
- 09/12/18--14:17: Office Office VBA + AMSI: Parting the veil on malicious macros
- 09/12/18--14:18: Stuck download update
- 09/12/18--15:08: Securing a WiFi connection
- 09/12/18--15:25: Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games
*Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for September 2018*
*September 2018 Security Updates*
*Release Date: September 11, 2018*
*The September security release consists of security updates for the following software:*
*September 11, 2018 KB4457131 (OS Build 14393.2485)*
Applies to: Windows 10 version 1607, Windows Server 2016
Windows 10, version 1607, reached end of service on April 10, 2018. Devices running Windows 10 Home or Pro editions will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and...
*September 11, 2018 - KB4457132 (OS Build 10240.17976)*
Applies to: Windows 10
*Improvements and fixes*
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
*Servicing stack update for Windows 10, version 1803: September 11, 2018*
Applies to: Windows 10 version 1803
This update makes stability improvements for the Windows 10, version 1803 servicing stack.
*Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: September 11, 2018*
Applies to: Internet Explorer 11, Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 9
This security update resolves several reported vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. The most severe of these vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage in Internet...
Today, we released a new Windows 10 Preview Build of the SDK to be used in conjunction with *Windows 10 Insider Preview (https://insider.windows.com/)* (Build *17754 *or greater). The Preview SDK Build *17754 *contains bug fixes and under development changes to the API surface area.
The Preview SDK can be downloaded from *developer section on Windows Insider*...
Anyone have the problem or fix for a frozen start menu in windows 10, where the alphabetical list of apps and the apps side itself freezes and simply refuses to scroll, and simply locks up.
If I do something else on the computer like open a browsing session in edge, a lot of the time the above problem rectifies itself, so not sure what is causing it.
Any ideas welcome,
Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Beta and Delta (subset) Rings will begin receiving the latest 1810 Xbox One system update (180907-1908). Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 1810 system update.
*NOTE :* Today a subset of Delta Users are receiving the 1810 build. We are doing the subset of users as we are targeting the...
The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 4 devices on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, build 1709 or greater:
[TD="bgcolor: #F2F2F2"]*Windows Update History Name*[/TD]
[TD]*Device Manager Name*[/TD]
When upgrading Windows 10 Insider versions the last 2 updates have failed and rolled back. When I look at the rollback log this message appears:
2018-09-11 14:11:53, Error SP CSetupPlatformOSSwitchCheckpoint::Rollback: Path "C:\Users" cannot be removed, could be moved out of the way later. Error: 0x00000091[gle=0x00000091]
Any ideas on how to correct this issue?
*How to Enable or Disable Use of Security Questions for Local Accounts in Windows 10*
Starting with *Windows 10 build 17063* (https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/100688-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-fast-skip-build-17063-pc.html), Microsoft added the use of security questions to *local accounts*...
Desktop is not visible or accessible from any Explorer window.
Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Skip Ahead will begin receiving the latest 19H1 Xbox One system update (rs_xbox_dev_flight.180909-1900). Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 19H1 system update. This build has the same features as 19H1 plus more to be announced over the coming months!
Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha Ring will begin receiving the latest 1810 Xbox One system update (180909-1920). Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 1810 system update.
* Fixes to resolve an error that some users were encountering when adding a Group
Im running Windows 10 64 Bit and for awhile now Windows Explorer will hang quite frequently where I have to open Task Manager and restart it. What happens is say Ill right-click on a folder to rename or copy and it will hang or where my icons will just turn blank. Ill have to restart Explorer to get it back to normal. It may work right for awhile but will eventually revert back to hanging. I...
I do not print often but when I do I need it to work.
Running Windows 10 Home with all updates applied.
Printer is a HP 3520 All In One with all the latest drivers and software installed (3 times).
When I try to print from Mail I open the drop down menu and click on print. In the mail print menu that appears I check to make sure I am printing to the printer I want to use (the only one defined...
As part of our continued efforts to tackle entire classes of threats, Office 365 client applications now integrate with *Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI) (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/amsi/antimalware-scan-interface-portal)*, enabling antivirus and other security solutions to scan macros and other scripts at runtime to check for malicious behavior.
Windows 10 Insider Preview 18237.1000 Pre release stuck at downloading 41% for over 2 hrs. and 30 min.
We are considering installing an internet connection in our two church halls. Initially this is intended for controlling heating system as the hall is hired out and it would be more convenient for those who have to set up the heating times to do so remotely.
However, some groups hiring the hall could want internet access for business reasons.
How can we ensure at reasonable cost that it is not...
After all, I have to say that I'm sorry if I did not post my thread on the right category, because I couldn't find the right one :/
My trouble is : Since 5 months now, I have a weird input lag with all my peripherals (mouse, controller, graphic tablet...) It feels like the ms are like 30-50, it's not very noticable but when playing games, this ruin the gameplay, playing with a...