Articles on this Page
- 09/13/18--13:14: _Comulative update K...
- 09/13/18--13:37: _Start button search...
- 09/13/18--14:44: _Creating a new regi...
- 09/13/18--14:47: _Welcome screen "jum...
- 09/13/18--14:55: _Windows Update & Ac...
- 09/13/18--15:01: _Cannot connect to n...
- 09/13/18--15:02: _What should I set m...
- 09/13/18--15:42: _What back up app ot...
- 09/13/18--17:21: _VR/Holo New HoloLen...
- 09/13/18--17:35: _Skype issue
- 09/14/18--14:03: _New Skype for conte...
- 09/14/18--14:09: _Insider New Windows...
- 09/14/18--14:10: _Why not Restore Poi...
- 09/14/18--14:30: _Windows 10 and "apps"
- 09/14/18--14:42: _Problems signing in...
- 09/14/18--15:33: _Avoiding something
- 09/14/18--15:35: _problem with free u...
- 09/14/18--16:25: _Solved ABC's of gaming
- 09/14/18--16:56: _My PC periodically ...
- 09/14/18--17:13: _Shortcut loading error
- 09/13/18--13:14: Comulative update KB4457128
- 09/13/18--13:37: Start button search results now show context menu items
- 09/13/18--14:44: Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry
- 09/13/18--14:47: Welcome screen "jumping" after restart
- 09/13/18--15:01: Cannot connect to network in Hyper-V when using default network
- 09/13/18--15:02: What should I set my pagefile to after upgrading my ram?
- 09/13/18--15:42: What back up app other than Free File Sync
- 09/13/18--17:35: Skype issue
- 09/14/18--14:03: New Skype for content creators feature available
- 09/14/18--14:10: Why not Restore Points?
- 09/14/18--14:30: Windows 10 and "apps"
- 09/14/18--14:42: Problems signing in with my Microsoft account
- 09/14/18--15:33: Avoiding something
- 09/14/18--15:35: problem with free up disc space
- 09/14/18--16:25: Solved ABC's of gaming
- 09/14/18--16:56: My PC periodically freezes in Windows 10
- 09/14/18--17:13: Shortcut loading error
I have just looked in windows update and see that comulative update KB4457128 for version 1803 64bit
was installed on September 11th and again on September 12th.Do I have to keep both of them on?
If I do a search for a file or program from Start it now shows a second screen with items similar to right clicking on the results.
Not sure how this got happened. Is there a way to restore it to old?
Attachment 203809 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/203809-start-button-search-results-now-show-context-menu-items-start.jpg)
For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the identical Textpad context menu option also showed up as "Edit with Textpad" but it no longer shows up on Windows 10 in any...
I'm running Windows 10 1803 (fresh install of 1709 upgrade to 1803 via windows update center) on Asus vivobook X556UR (i5 6200U, 8 GB RAM, nvidia 930MX).
Recently, I observed two problems on my system:
1. Windows isn't sleeping. Even after I press the sleep button, laptop wakes up as soon as it sleeps.
2. After every restart, the keyboard stops working. I then have to put it to...
*How to Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature of Windows Update in Windows 10*
Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft.
Starting with *Windows 10 build 15002* (https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/74425-announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15002-pc.html), you can temporarily *pause...
I have a Hyper-V VM which refuses to connect to internet when using the default network switch, but connects fine if I use an external switch.
Unfortunately, there is something screwy in Windows 10 since 1803 as my broadband download speeds nosedives when using an external virtual switch.
If I use the default switch, my broadband download is fine.
I tried using trouble shooting and...
Topic, What is the minimum size I should set my pagefile too so that I won't run into any problems? Currently I have 8 gb of ram and tomorrow I plan to add another 8 gb for 16 Gb total. DDR4 2133mhz if your curious what type or if that even matters. My Os is on a SSD so when it has to use the pagefile the write process takes forever due to how poorly my ssd seems to be able to write to itself....
I currently use Free File Sync to back up my music library to a 2nd laptop and also. NAS as I mainly use the laptop for djing.
I wanted to ask your opinion on what I should use and whether using Free File Sync is an archaic way of doing things.
Thing to bear in mind is that I probably back this up about once a month.
FFS recognizes when I have edited tracks (added cue points,...
Hi HoloLens Insiders,
Today were publishing a new RS5 Insider build for HoloLens, 17760, with incremental bug fixes and stability improvements. A full list of new RS5 features and instructions for getting started with flighting can be found here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hololens-insider). This build also fixes an issue that prevented certain types of...
So I am on a Skype call with a friend, while playing a game. I can hear all his system sounds and his game come through. We also tried Discord and Teamspeak, same thing.
He only had one Mic shown in record Tab, hidden devices shows no others.
Stereo Mix is not enabled
All sounds are set to be separated.
System sounds still come through, what should we try next?
Skype is used worldwide as a tool for bringing callers into a variety of different podcasts, live streams, and TV shows. Today, we made it even simpler to bring your incoming audio and video calls to life with the Skype for content creators feature.
Building off the *Skype TX appliance...
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17760 (RS5) to *Windows Insiders* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/12316-start-stop-receiving-insider-preview-builds-windows-10-a.html) in the *Fast ring* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/50865-change-windows-10-insider-program-ring-level.html).
*Meeting the challenge of game compatibility*...
I've seen many web pages describing how to turn on Win10 support of Restore Points, but I cannot find anything describing why MS has the support turned off by default. I know some people have had problems with Restore Points in the past (including me) but I also know that they've saved my cookies a few times. Does MS feel they are unneeded? Dangerous? Unreliable? When the alternative option...
For at LEAST the last six months, and I suspect FOREVER, any time I try to download an app from the Microsoft Store, I get this garbage:
"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action."
Yes, I've read a half dozen posts with "the ULTIMATE fix", and none of them have done a thing:
Change the registry for IsShortcut,
check for the setting in clsid for...
Supposedly you are supposed to have one Microsoft account that allows access to everything. But I have had two different ones forever. I've got one that signs me into OneDrive, and then I've got the one for my live.com account.
The one I have always used to sign into Windows with is the live.com account, but in any event, I'm trying to set up my new computer and it will not accept the...
In the US, we drive on the right hand side of the road. If there was something in the middle of the road preventing you from going forward, what would you do?
I would greatly appreciate your response. TIA
For the first time today, I used the free up disc space now function with my laptop and had some problems. It looked pretty straight forward and after analysis, I told it to free up the disc space Windows has preselected for me and nothing else.
It got about a third of the way through purging the files and then it seemed to get stuck. I left it alone for a couple of hours and it never got past...
Attachment 203999 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/gaming/203999-abcs-gaming-image001.jpg)Attachment 204000 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/gaming/204000-abcs-gaming-image002.jpg)Attachment 204001 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/gaming/204001-abcs-gaming-image003.jpg)Attachment 204002 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/gaming/204002-abcs-gaming-image004.jpg)Attachment 204003...
I have an issue I have been so desperately trying to troubleshoot. Literally giving up soon. Please please please help if you have any ideas
Several times over the years a start up shortcut that loads a macro player suddenly begins to throw a prompt at every boot, yet the app is launched. "Cannot load shortcuts; index out of bounds." No event viewer error.
Disable the shortcut - no prompt, so it is definitely the cause.Restoring an image of the O/S fixes it.
Open to clues on why it appears, and what else can be done to...