Articles on this Page
- 01/19/19--14:07: _Unable to see any C...
- 01/19/19--14:53: _Performance & Maint...
- 01/19/19--15:10: _Restore user permis...
- 01/19/19--15:29: _Solved Unable to re...
- 01/19/19--15:44: _Solved How to remov...
- 01/19/19--15:49: _compressing error...
- 01/19/19--16:10: _Can both computers ...
- 01/19/19--16:36: _New Motherboard/RAM...
- 01/19/19--16:54: _Windows Defender Na...
- 01/19/19--17:11: _Help me troubleshoo...
- 01/19/19--14:07: Unable to see any Chromecast device
- 01/19/19--15:10: Restore user permissions for user folder
- 01/19/19--15:29: Solved Unable to remove ads from lock screen on Windows 10
- 01/19/19--15:44: Solved How to remove preview pane?
- 01/19/19--15:49: compressing error...
- 01/19/19--16:10: Can both computers have a PIN and share data on private network?
- 01/19/19--16:36: New Motherboard/RAM/Processor, Windows 10 won't boot up
- 01/19/19--16:54: Windows Defender Nag Note
- 01/19/19--17:11: Help me troubleshoot "Transcribe!"
I've tried everything in the following link but still no go
[FIXED] Chromecast Not Working on Windows - WindowsFish (https://windowsfish.com/fix-chromecast-not-working-on-windows/)
On my other laptops I have no problem casting from Google Chrome by simply right click->cast. Just got a new laptop and it doesn't see any of the cast devices. My network sharing is probably configured because it...
*How to Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance to Wake Up Computer in Windows 10*
*Automatic Maintenance* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3090-automatic-maintenance-change-settings-windows-10-a.html) is when Windows automatically runs maintenance on a daily schedule when you're not using your computer.
This includes *tasks*...
Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them.
I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me that i need permissions to see the contents of the folder and i accepted. After some minutes i disconnected the win 10 hdd...
I have already unchecked the option below and they're still there and I cannot find any other solution online. Seems like this should be so simple, so it is very frustrating. Thank you for your help.
Attachment 221531 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/221531-unable-remove-ads-lock-screen-windows-10-a-windows10ads.jpg)
Edit: Nevermind, somehow by switching to slideshow mode I was able to fix it =/
This suddenly started this morning...can't find settings to get rid of it!
Attachment 221532 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/221532-how-remove-preview-pane-previewpane.png)
i am trying to compress the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder...
i took control of it and when i try to compress it i get access denied...i am the owner and have full control...
I have 2 laptops and want to share data between them.
They are both w10 1803.
Can I use a PIN on both and share data or does one need to have a password set?
Also when I right click a folder I don't see a SHARE option. Am I going nuts?
I wasn't sure where to post this so I posted it here. I installed a new mobo, processor, and RAM into my computer today. When I booted it up, all seemed to be going well, until my computer got stuck on the "Getting Devices Ready" screen, and the Windows 10 logo froze. After a bit, I restarted my computer, but all that happens is I see the motherboard screen go up, the Windows 10 logo...
Every day I get this message:
..."Virus Protection is turned off. Tap or click to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus"... .
When I click on the message, I get sent to the "Security at a Glance" page.
Everything has Green check marks.
Periodically I get a message from Windows Defender that they did a scan and all is well.
So I use a program called Transcribe! to transcribe music. It's made by Seventh String Software (http://seventhstring.com) and I had been using the Mac version for the last 10 years or so.
When I installed it on Windows 10 I have in that I get the following message when I try to open a file:
Attachment 221537 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/software-apps/221537-help-me-troubleshoot-transcribe-capture.png)
I emailed the...