Articles on this Page
- 01/12/19--15:03: _Windows 10 Pro V180...
- 01/12/19--15:56: _Log of internet los...
- 01/12/19--16:23: _BSOD Logitech C920 ...
- 01/12/19--16:33: _[Wireless Keyboard ...
- 01/12/19--16:55: _Missing thumbnails ...
- 01/13/19--16:01: _Solved Win10 1809 s...
- 01/13/19--16:17: _How to synchronize ...
- 01/13/19--17:33: _Win10 1809 Can't Mo...
- 01/13/19--17:35: _Windows 7 orb
- 01/13/19--17:51: _Access to Program F...
- 01/13/19--17:56: _Explorer.exe crashe...
- 01/13/19--18:08: _Windows Won't Updat...
- 01/13/19--18:08: _Unable to create a ...
- 01/13/19--18:31: _Touchpad tap config...
- 01/13/19--18:35: _how to use cmd prom...
- 01/14/19--14:07: _How do I hide icons...
- 01/14/19--14:50: _My Windows 10 1809 ...
- 01/14/19--15:01: _Is it possible to s...
- 01/14/19--15:03: _Office Office 365 M...
- 01/14/19--15:05: _Solved How to refor...
- 01/12/19--15:03: Windows 10 Pro V1809 can only see one of my shared computers
- 01/12/19--15:56: Log of internet losses in W10?
- 01/12/19--16:23: BSOD Logitech C920 HD Webcam
- 01/12/19--16:33: [Wireless Keyboard & Mouse] PC Wakes up from Sleep shortly after.
- 01/12/19--16:55: Missing thumbnails windows 10 18312.1000
- 01/13/19--16:01: Solved Win10 1809 second HD D: not recognized.
- 01/13/19--16:17: How to synchronize without synchronizing?
- 01/13/19--17:33: Win10 1809 Can't Move Documents or Pictures Locations
- 01/13/19--17:35: Windows 7 orb
- 01/13/19--17:51: Access to Program Files denied
- 01/13/19--17:56: Explorer.exe crashes Exception code: 0xc0000409
- 01/13/19--18:08: Windows Won't Update? (Error 0x80d0602)
- 01/13/19--18:08: Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator
- 01/14/19--14:07: How do I hide icons in "show hidden icons"?
- 01/14/19--14:50: My Windows 10 1809 Update Experience
- 01/14/19--15:01: Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?
- 01/14/19--15:05: Solved How to reformat my internal storage drive?
Trouble again with Windows 10 Pro network (Version 1809)
I have two Windows 10 Pro (Version 1809) computers in a threaded network.
One is called Audio and the other is called Video.
Right now I can see the Video Computer on the Audio Computer in the Explorer but sometimes it's the opposite ????
I can access the computers via Quick Access in the explorer on both computers.
Been having problems with our connection with AT&T fiber - AT&T BGW210-700 gateway: frequent power recycles and Broadband recycles. Very frustrating when trying to do anything on the internet.
Wondering if there is any W10 internal log that would give me the dates and times that the internet drops. Though this is not a W10 problem, i am hoping that it still either would or could be logged by...
Hello, i have randomly BSOD When i try to use the video recording in Logitech webcam software, but i can use only the voice without problems.
Image: https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/bsod-crashes-debugging/220362d1547120992t-bsod-starting-video-logitech-c920-image.png ...
Good evening TenForums,
I currently use a wireless mouse and keyboard, with the usb stick in the rear of the computer. Due to the positioning of my PC, it's annoying to turn on and off, so I just put my PC to sleep.
However, within maybe an hour (usually 30 minutes), my computer wakes itself up. I've used EventViewer and the culprit (Power-Troubleshooter) is "USB Root Hub", of which...
No longer have thumbnails in onedrive/pictures folder.
Help. I have a machine that wouldn't update past 1607. I did a clean install of 1809 and seems to run OK. I unplugged my second hard drive D: where I keep all my documents and file during the install. Once I got Win10 1809 up and running and updated I plugged in my second hard drive and windows doesn't see it. I tried scanning in disk management and no luck. Any help appreciated.
I have a folder on a network drive and I want to have that folder and contents accessible on a local drive via a folder, but I do not want to synchronize the files.
Rather, I want to have a "faux folder" in the local drive which, when opened, shows all of the files and new files can be saved to it as though said files were actually on the local drive...but the files are actually...
Help. I have Win10 1809 installed on SSD. My second hard drive has folders for Documents, Download, Videos, Pictures. When I try to tell the computer to put my documents on the D: drive it's now pointing to a OneDrive which I don't use. I won't let me move Documents or Pictures and tells me there is a folder at that same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied. I'm stuck. Thanks
Have just had a crash and then reinstalled 1809 and am running Open Shell and although the last time I changed the Open Shell button really easily by saving a set of orb pics and just using those saved pics which are saved to my desktop in the Shell settings nothing shows up when I go to desktop in customise.
Any ideas anyone??
I've set up Avast to run my daily scan via the program ashcmd.exe and then display the report file, "quick.txt", which is stored in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software. I was able to edit the report and save it last week but today I got the message
Access to C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\Quick.txt was denied.
Is there a way to access the file and save it?
I have been having explorer.exe crashing on me a couple of times now. I don't know what is causing this and I have searched online for answers; but, came up empty. I am hoping you can help me.
_Here is what I've noticed:_
1) It first happened when I right-click on the start button to bring up the context menu,then when I click on the start button.
2) The screen doesn't turn...
I was going to reboot my PC and noticed it said it had to update. Fine. So I clicked update and restart, but didn't notice any installations. Then I went to install it manually thru my control panel and went to manually install. The weird thing is Windows says I'm up to date, but whenever I check updates, it installs, but fails. Any ideas?
I tried to create a recovery drive on Dell Inspiron 13 7000 according to these instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQA2LrSvMtg). My OS is Windows 10 build 1803 17134.523 (why this cannot be copied?!)
The USB key is a brand new 16GB Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3, checked for errors, formatted first with NTFS, then FAT32 for 2 failed attempts.
The work sequence was as described in...
I have a ThinkPad T480 laptop, using a Synaptics touchpad. I use the built-in Windows 10 touchpad settings to configure the tap functionality.
I configured the touchpad to function as a "mouse back button" when I tap it with three fingers. It works fine in Firefox but it does not work at all in Windows Explorer (i.e., browsing files on my computer.)
Touch pad scrolling works fine, even in...
I was able to use cmd to save all important files to external drives, thanks to advice from this forum.
Now I want to delete files and subdirectories from default folders like Pictures, Documents, et al, but not the main folder or hidden or system files. Just the stuff I put in there.
I want to see if freeing up a full harddrive has any affect on the PC's current issue of notloading...
I'm working with a remote desktop application in a big company (about 200 users), and I don't want people to see what app we're using.
Once the icon is hidden, they cannot disable it and that's what I'm looking for (basic users, no worry)
Attachment 220975 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/220975-how-do-i-hide-icons-show-hidden-icons-2019_01_15_00_04_15_.jpg)
For example - I want to hide the AV. (eset).
How do I do it?
Decided to update from 1803 to 1809.
I did my old Laptop 1st and will do my other Desktops later.
WU would not offer the update so I downloaded the ISO but it failed to update.
I then did a clean install and that worked.
This laptop started it's life on Windows 7 Core and has gone thru Window 8, 8.1, 10 Home and 10 Pro.
Hi all -
I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 for free.
Seems that the 1809 MCT doesn't work anymore for this purpose, so I wanted to find the real truth among conflicting articles and posts.
Release notes not yet available from Microsoft. This post will be updated when avaialble.
Attachment 220980 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/windows-10-news/220980-office-365-monthly-channel-v1812-build-11126-20266-january-14-a-office_1812_11126.20266.jpg)
*Source:* Release notes for Monthly Channel releases in 2019 | Microsoft Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/monthly-channel-2019)
Latest Office Updates for Windows...
I was able to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it solved my boot issue, after saving all important files to external drives. Thanks to all who offered help and suggestions.
BUT the first time the install put Windows on my 1 TB storage drive instead! (The people who made the PC had named that C: and the SSD was named D:)
I would like to reformat that 1 TB storage drive to remove...