Articles on this Page
- 01/10/19--14:37: _Shortcut has an arr...
- 01/10/19--15:03: _Windows Application...
- 01/10/19--16:46: _Can´t read the noti...
- 01/10/19--17:53: _4K Monitors
- 01/10/19--17:54: _Should i enable the...
- 01/11/19--13:13: _Windows Security ch...
- 01/11/19--13:26: _Empty 'User Pinned'...
- 01/11/19--14:19: _How to test macrium...
- 01/11/19--15:22: _Windows 10 shuts do...
- 01/11/19--15:24: _Minor problem switc...
- 01/11/19--15:36: _Bitlocker: Can't Sa...
- 01/11/19--15:53: _Windows 10 skips BI...
- 01/11/19--17:06: _?Mount ext drive wi...
- 01/11/19--17:18: _Help: Can't Delete ...
- 01/11/19--17:39: _Xbox This Week on X...
- 01/12/19--13:32: _cdm won't copy dire...
- 01/12/19--13:35: _4GB Ram vs 6GB Ram
- 01/12/19--13:52: _Solved Transferring...
- 01/12/19--14:18: _Apps & Features Ope...
- 01/12/19--14:19: _Cannot disable Wind...
- 01/10/19--14:37: Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not
- 01/10/19--15:03: Windows Applications not opening, showing Chinese gibberish instead.
- 01/10/19--16:46: Can´t read the notifications after latest update..?
- 01/10/19--17:53: 4K Monitors
- 01/10/19--17:54: Should i enable the hidden administrator account?
- 01/11/19--13:13: Windows Security change affecting PowerShell
- 01/11/19--13:26: Empty 'User Pinned' folder created at startup. Stop it!
- 01/11/19--14:19: How to test macrium backup
- 01/11/19--15:22: Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings'
- 01/11/19--15:24: Minor problem switching on PC
- 01/11/19--15:36: Bitlocker: Can't Save to Your Microsoft Account
- 01/11/19--15:53: Windows 10 skips BIOS splash screen?!
- 01/11/19--17:06: ?Mount ext drive without unpluging/pluging?
- 01/11/19--17:18: Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop
- 01/11/19--17:39: Xbox This Week on Xbox: January 11, 2019
- 01/12/19--13:32: cdm won't copy directories with long names
- 01/12/19--13:35: 4GB Ram vs 6GB Ram
- 01/12/19--14:18: Apps & Features Open and Use Character Map in Windows
- 01/12/19--14:19: Cannot disable Windows Defender components to repair ownership error
When I have a shortcut on monitor 1 the icon has the usual shortcut arrow.
When I move it to monitor 2 the icon no longer has an arrow.
Here's a sample.
Shortcut 1 is from monitor 1.
Shortcut 2 is from monitor 2.
Attachment 220499 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/220499-shortcut-has-arrow-now-does-not-shortcut.png)
Some programs I'm trying to use that work on other computers won't work on this computer. Rather, they show a window full of gibberish text. Any solutions or help will be appreciated.
Attachment 220521 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/software-apps/220521-windows-applications-not-opening-showing-chinese-gibberish-instead-wtf.png)
This is the text it displays:
I did make a major windows update two days ago, after that I cant see the notifications anymore. Fx when I insert a USB, I get a sound notice, then a little "1 new" down at the right corner, but nothing more than that. Same when ejecting the USB, a small "1" down right, but not the "Safe to remove device"- window. When I open Action Center there is no messages at all.
Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very crisp. I've tried setting scaling to the same and a number of other setting changes from this website but nothing has worked....
Should i enable the hidden administrator account?
Could someone clarify what the advantage is?
The recent (1/8/2019) Windows security patch *CVE-2019-0543* (https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2019-0543), has introduced a breaking change for a PowerShell remoting scenario. It is a narrowly scoped scenario that should have low impact for most users.
The breaking change only affects local loopback remoting, which is a PowerShell remote...
Immediately after startup, a "User Pinned" folder is created on my desktop. The folder is empty, marked read-only, and hidden. This started about a week ago, without any obvious cause.
I can delete the folder, but it is re-created at the next startup.
I am running Windows 10 (1809 - 17763.194).
How can I stop this?
I am somehow not understanding how to do this.
I have Macrium Free and I created a backup on DVD and an image of the C:/ drive on an external WD drive. All appears good.
Macrium says test the backup to ensure it works. So I connect the ext HD and put the DVD in the drive.
With my dell, I go to Settings / Recovery / Advanced Startup Options (or something like that). It says click this to...
I've just reinstalled Windows 10 x64 1809 today and tried opening the 'Startup Settings' menu by going to Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup (Restart Now) and then choosing the 'Startup Settings' option. This restarted my PC, but sadly, instead of booting into Windows, the PC just shut down and didn't even show me the BIOS splash screen (the latter may have happened...
Sometimes when my husbands starts his pc from cold, it starts the process then before loading the OS it switches off again - or it appears to. Let me explain. What I've said does indeed happen but if he leaves it long enough perhaps 30-45 seconds it runs up no bother. It doesn't always do this either - only sometimes.
In fact having just thought about what I've just written I'm wondering...
With a bit of future planning, a rarity for me, I decided to back up my Bitlocker key. However when I select "Save to your Microsoft account" through the Control Panel app, i receive an error Can't save to your Microsoft account". I have plenty of space on Onedrive, and several hundred GB on my local machine too. Onedrive seems to be working--indeed its in the process of synching. Could this be...
I'm encountering this strange issue: when I restart Windows 10 x64 (1809) (or power on my computer), sometimes (quite often in the last hour...) the BIOS splash screen just doesn't show up and Windows just straight up shows the Windows log in screen.... I'm quite confused as to how what could possibly cause this.
*NOTE:* Fast startup is disabled..
Win 10 v1803. I have a new external USB 3 hard drive. It is USB powered and has no power switch. I do not want the drive available except when doing a backup so I use the Safely Remove Device facility. However, I can find no way to mount the disk again other than unplugging and plugging in the USB connection.
Is there some other way to get the drive mounted again?
I'm looking for advice on how to fix this strange problem: I cannot delete a subgroup of files from my desktop.
- If I create a new file (using Notepad) I can easily delete the file
- I can move an offending file to another folder but am still unable to delete it
- I changed the file properties ('read only') several times but am still unable to delete
- I used Unlocker (1.9.2)...
We know youre busy and might miss out on all the exciting things were talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If youve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. Weve pared down the past weeks news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if youd rather watch than read, you can feast your eyes on our weekly video...
I am hoping someone knows a cmd string that will allow me to copy a desktop folder and its subfolders, or at least the files within, to an external drive on a laptop that crashed with what looks like a bad mother board and it will no longer boot to Windows.
I have two folders on my desktop that will not copy, due to "Too many parameters"
I did not know about the issue with long...
Please educate me.
For a "regular" home user (not for business), what are the advantages of having more than 4 GB of Ram ?
I just bought my first smartphone, a Moto E5 Play and am just trying to learn about how to use it. I have watched some videos from Consumer Cellular, but I can't find any instructions on how to transfer a photo from my phone to my home computer. I've only done that with a camera, and have always just inserted the SD card.
Can the USB cable that comes with the phone for charging be used to...
*How to Open and Use Character Map in Windows*
You can use *Character Map* (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/315684/how-to-use-special-characters-in-windows-documents) to view the characters that are available for a selected font. Character Map displays the following character sets:
* *Unicode* (http://www.unicode.org/)
This problem showed up about two months ago, after a Microsoft update. Windows Defender began generating a stream of event error ID:16 - _Error while updating Windows Defender status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON_. Each error message is stamped with the same Date & Time which makes me think that the Events log crashed.
Found the problem immediately. Of the four Defender related services, three...