Articles on this Page
- 12/31/18--13:14: _CI.dll problem, may...
- 12/31/18--13:23: _Looking for more me...
- 12/31/18--13:48: _Recommendations for...
- 12/31/18--14:03: _Whats filling my C ...
- 12/31/18--14:07: _Internet Security
- 12/31/18--14:16: _Happy New Year 2019...
- 12/31/18--14:55: _Apps & Features Ena...
- 12/31/18--17:08: _Accessing screensav...
- 12/31/18--18:06: _Windows 10 custom c...
- 01/01/19--11:23: _Replacing SSD for B...
- 01/01/19--11:58: _start icons
- 01/01/19--12:18: _BSOD on boot, Stopc...
- 01/01/19--12:23: _Can u watch Blu-ray...
- 01/01/19--12:56: _Phone Project Andro...
- 01/01/19--13:38: _W10 - Cannot instal...
- 01/01/19--13:58: _Solved switch users...
- 01/01/19--14:03: _Windows Explorer Pr...
- 01/01/19--15:11: _Active Explorer Box...
- 01/01/19--16:14: _failed to enumerate...
- 01/01/19--19:47: _Useful Microsoft re...
- 12/31/18--13:14: CI.dll problem, maybe boot sector problem
- 12/31/18--13:23: Looking for more memory
- 12/31/18--14:03: Whats filling my C drive?
- 12/31/18--14:07: Internet Security
- 12/31/18--14:16: Happy New Year 2019, fellow Geeks!
- 12/31/18--14:55: Apps & Features Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows
- 12/31/18--17:08: Accessing screensaver settings button
- 12/31/18--18:06: Windows 10 custom computer question
- 01/01/19--11:23: Replacing SSD for Bootcamp'ed Windows
- 01/01/19--11:58: start icons
- 01/01/19--12:18: BSOD on boot, Stopcode: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
- 01/01/19--12:56: Phone Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC
- 01/01/19--13:38: W10 - Cannot install update KB4483235
- 01/01/19--13:58: Solved switch users; how to tell others currently in background?
- 01/01/19--14:03: Windows Explorer Problem
- 01/01/19--15:11: Active Explorer Box Border Not visible After 1809 Update
- 01/01/19--16:14: failed to enumerate objects in container, access is denied
- 01/01/19--19:47: Useful Microsoft related third party software download resource
Can one of you folks take a look at this thread:
It has a problem with CI.dll which is often caused by a boot sector virus. TDSSKiller from Kaspersky can fix it if that is the cause but I'm leery of...
I want to buy & install more RAM in my PC. I currently have 16 gigs (8x2) and want to maximize it to 64 gigs. I guess that means I gotta get four 16gig sticks. I looked at Newegg and found these Crucials for around $500.
Crucial 64GB CT4K16G4DFD8266 - Newegg.com (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAJ8X8KT0540)
Tomorrow is New Years Day so I'll wait until at least then before...
I'm not a gamer, but I'm very conscious of a mouse that performs badly. I really enjoy using a good quality mouse that feels and looks great, and "disappears" into the background as an autonomous device.
Logitech makes great mouse devices. I've been using this brand for years. But they've stumbled a bit after their fantastic original MX Anywhere mouse. I just didn't get on with a few of...
My OS SSD C is is (almost) full, _I'm getting warnings._
I only have 55.8GB of 200GB used for Windows.
Only 3 restore points in C + 10% reserved = 20GB
56(c) + 20(restore) = 76GB for C.
This leaves a difference of *124GB* unaccounted for.
Movies/Music/Docs/Pics/Games are on separate drives.
My BU and System Image are in drive G.
No malware or virus's running in the background, CPU and RAM...
I dont know if I should be asking this question on this forum, but here goes anyway. Ive been a Kaspersky user for 15+ years & never had any hackers or malicious stuff access my computer in that time. Would there be much difference between the 2019 & 2018 which Im using now?
*How to Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows*
When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on *presentation mode* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/119220-turn-off-presentation-mode-windows.html).
While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays awake, system notifications are turned off, and your presentation settings for screen saver, volume, and desktop...
Hello, been using windows 10 for a while and got to say will it ever be streamlined to the point will never have to fix or modify anything in the OS for it work properly out of the gate for even mundane selections ok so for the issue
now today this moment when i went to access under personlize - screensaver settings it comes up with this error:
attached as .jpg
ive checked GPpolicy it...
I bought a desktop with Windows 10 installed a few days ago. The C drive is 1 500 gb ssd, I added a 4 gb internal "D" drive.
Then I remembered I had a new Samsung 500 gb SSD. I asked my it person if he could install Win 7 professional on that drive and have it not be connected to the internet but just to use with a couple of programs that aren't compatible with Win 10. He...
I have had Windows 10 installed under Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro that is now running out of storage space. I'd like to image the machine, replace the original SSD with a new, larger SSD with larger partitions and reinstall from the image. Please share experience if you've been through similar storage upgrade. Will Microsoft and other vendor licenses continue to be recognized without the need to...
When I click start in windows 10, I have power, settings, file explorer but the icons are not what I want.
I use to have a yellow folder for file explorer instead of that bland type.
Also settings was a different icon.
Where do I go to change these two to a different appearance?
I have spent hours by searching and with Google.
As I tried to boot my Windows 10 Pro version 1803 desktop computer after a long absence, I received the above error soon after entering my password. Then it repeated even before getting the login screen. I contacted MS support since it seemed to be an effect of Windows update. The technician advised me to download Windows Media on a USB and do a clean install. I didn't want to have to reinstall...
I have a laptop with an external pioneer USB Blu-ray drive and PowerDVD17. I have had the hardware for a while, but had not had a movie to try it out with. I got Logan's Run for Christmas, the Sci-Fi movie. I had my TV connected to the HDMI output of my laptop and could not get the video to transfer to the TV. I'm disappointed. Because we don't have a Blu-ray player and the whole family was...
*How to Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC*
The *Projecting to this PC* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/49083-projecting-pc-turn-off-windows-10-a.html) feature uses the *Connect* app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of this PC, and use its keyboard, mouse, and other devices too.
Some Windows and Android...
Update KB4483235 fails to install, and I'm getting errors with DISM. Here's the log files: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkQlSpRJodv0wwR8kw1icYUT204P)
Given 'fast user switching' how can an active user check for any active background account/activity?
Fred is on and goes to lunch. He doesn't log out.
John pops in and switches to his account for a quick todo. He signs out.
Joe arrives, logs in, does his business, and then wishes to reboot. How can he check for Fred (or anyone else) who is still 'there'?
Attachment 219417 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/software-apps/219417-windows-explorer-problem-taskbar.png)
Windows Explorer keeps unresponding to its icon in Taskbar.
I open WinExpl and it works fine. Then I switch to, say, Google Chrome and that works fine too.
When I want to return to WinExpl, I click its icon in the taskbar but WinExpl will not maximize. It does not matter which other program I have been using,...
Prior to 1809 update, active window boxes have a visible border colors. When I updated to 1809, the border color disappear. This makes it very hard to see when the box is placed over another box with white background. Please see image for visual presentation.
I have tried changing the colors under settings -> personalization -> colors, with no changing affect. Anyone knows how to fix this?
I've gone through the steps that are supposed to allow me to delete a folder but when I get to this step:
Attachment 219433 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/user-accounts-family-safety/219433-failed-enumerate-objects-container-access-denied-image.png)
The box at the top does not appear on my screen just the one at the bottom. Clicking the bottom box and continuing does not give me the permission I need to delete the folder. What else can I try? Thanks.
Hi folks -
Just wanted to share this useful resource with you...
The rest is explanatory.