Articles on this Page
- 12/21/18--05:48: _Accent color bug i...
- 12/21/18--06:07: _Battery Life with W...
- 12/21/18--06:52: _Wifi drops seconds ...
- 12/21/18--07:12: _Bing Launches from ...
- 12/21/18--07:34: _Problem Updating Wi...
- 12/21/18--08:09: _USB3 disk keeps res...
- 12/21/18--08:10: _thebrighttag.com
- 12/21/18--08:48: _No longer able to d...
- 12/21/18--09:21: _My windows 10 pc wo...
- 12/22/18--05:46: _Adjust windows "Bla...
- 12/22/18--06:42: _Computer 1 visible ...
- 12/22/18--06:46: _Windows Defender bl...
- 12/22/18--06:56: _W10.1607, Cumulativ...
- 12/22/18--07:22: _Choosing a new desk...
- 12/22/18--07:32: _marcium backup failed
- 12/22/18--07:37: _BSOD transfer from ...
- 12/22/18--08:43: _Apps & Features Ena...
- 12/22/18--09:04: _windows unable to l...
- 12/22/18--09:41: _WScript.Echo v/s Ec...
- 12/22/18--20:21: _Windows Camera Inst...
- 12/21/18--05:48: Accent color bug in 1809 and how to set title bar color manually
- 12/21/18--06:07: Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update
- 12/21/18--06:52: Wifi drops seconds after startup
- 12/21/18--07:12: Bing Launches from File Explorer / Windows Explorer
- 12/21/18--07:34: Problem Updating Windows 10 Pro
- 12/21/18--08:09: USB3 disk keeps restarting after being put to sleep
- 12/21/18--08:10: thebrighttag.com
- 12/21/18--08:48: No longer able to delete desktop.Icons, which no longer work
- 12/21/18--09:21: My windows 10 pc won't boot up
- 12/22/18--05:46: Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?
- 12/22/18--06:42: Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1
- 12/22/18--06:46: Windows Defender blocking PUA?
- 12/22/18--07:22: Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive
- 12/22/18--07:32: marcium backup failed
- 12/22/18--07:37: BSOD transfer from Ethernet network to Bluetooth network
- 12/22/18--09:04: windows unable to locate view hard drive when installing os to HD
- 12/22/18--09:41: WScript.Echo v/s Echo in vbscript
- 12/22/18--20:21: Windows Camera Install...Couldnt install well try again shortly....
I made a related thread about this earlier asking about how to set the title bar color in the registry manually. I decided to make another thread on this to better describe the issue and also to give it a better thread title since I believe what I'm really asking is how to deal with a bug in 1809.
The bug is that unlike in versions 1803 and earlier, when you let windows 10 choose an accent...
Last week, the Windows 10 1809 update appeared for my 2017 Surface Pro Core i7, and I decided to give it a go.
All in all the update runs great on the Surface Pro, but the battery life seems to noticeably drain quicker than 1803.
Has anyone else seen increased power consumption with 1809?
Everytime I boot my computer, the wifi will automatically connect to my home network, but a few seconds after this, the connection mysteriously drops.
I have tried reinstalling the adapter's drivers, moving it from one slot to the other. Nothing has fixed this for me. It takes dropping my connection and reestablishing it to solve the problem. Anyone got any help for this?
When I search for something from File Explorer's address bar, Bing launches (from my default browser.) How do I turn this behavior off? I just want to search on my own computer. Windows Desktop version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
I have two laptops from Dell (Alienware). One is an R4 17 I bought in January 2017. It is stuck at version 1709 because the 1803 update was blocked for some Alienware laptops initially but it is supposed to be available now. The R4 does receive the regular updates from Microsoft and Dell. The other is a brand new R5 17 which I received three days ago. It has version 1803 installed. Both...
I have a WD USB desktop drive that is connected via a controller card to my desktop computer.
I have windows 10 set to put all disks to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity.
This works ok, but the USB disk keeps waking up of its own accord, when it is not being accessed.
I have "USB safely remove" utility installed, which will shut the disk down completely ok and then it does not wake up on...
Got a couple of questions. Here lately AdwCleaner keeps finding this:
Deleted HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\thebrighttag.com
With the last update to W10s most of my desktop icons no longer work, nor can I delete them. when you right click the icon you get the same tile as are you click in the middle screen, no properties, no delete, nothing to do with the icon. When you hover the cursor over the nonfunctioning icons there no highlight box around them. Everything works fine in the taskbar at the bottom. I keep the...
Hi, after I enter my password I'm taken to a back screen with a small window that says "c:\Windows\System32"
no amount of pressing enter in the window, nor closing the window altogether, seems to make a difference
any guidance you can offer would be much appreciated.
So as we all know now windows has officially launched the dark theme. I have enabled this in my settings. That being said the "Black" color is overwhelming and would suite me much better if i could force it to be a dark gray.
How do you customize the window color for dark mode? I am not interested in using any of the high contrast solutions.
I was searching all over the registry for this...
I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All other computers are Windows 7. I can see the Network infrastructure from the laptop (ASUS router) but nothing else. I can...
Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender.
I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are?
Are there a lot of false positives?
I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and really careful on what apps I install if I really had to.
Does blocking PUA really helps blocking Ad Choices in the...
Hello today to this forum users.
Problem I faced few months ago:
Cumulative updates for my Windows 10 (1607), installs successfully until I reach 2018-06.
- 2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4093120)
- 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4103720)
No problems so far. But when I reach:
I am running a SSD drive for my operating system, and my 320 GB 5400 RPM secondary drive is getting quite full.
I am a big fan of Western Digital drives, and when I saw this add yesterday for a Western Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drive at a good price, I thought this might be a good time to get some more storage. With an E-mailed code I can get it for $43, and shipped free
Am I crazy thinking the drive...
hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a Attachment 218150 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/backup-restore/218150-marcium-backup-failed-log.jpg)Attachment 218151 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/backup-restore/218151-marcium-backup-failed-marcium-failed.jpg) reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update
any suggestions welcomed
I am happy that there is the community here so I have an opportunity to find computer problem by professionals. At this time I meet the BSOD when I transfer my Internet from Ethernet network to Bluetooth network. The specific manifestation is that everytime I disable Ethernet network and then open mobile bluetooth tethering to share my phone's (Galaxy s8+) internet...
*How to Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console Window in Windows 10*
A *console* (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/console/consoles) (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications.
For example: *command prompt* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3288-open-command-prompt-windows-10-a.html), *PowerShell*...
install says looking for driver?
I'm not sure script questions will fly here... but I'll give it a shot.
I'm setting up a program called BGInfo. It writes information to the user's desktop background. It appears
To create a custom function to supply information not already available from BGInfo's 'canned' tags, you have to create a custom "script" that returns a string. BGInfo allows different methods for...
Im trying to download Windows Camera and get the following message:
Couldnt install well try again shortly
all other apps download and install...this one here downloads and when installing comes up with that message...