Articles on this Page
- 12/17/18--18:07: _Desktop Wallpaper O...
- 12/17/18--18:35: _My Recent Folder is...
- 12/17/18--18:39: _Getting office to a...
- 12/17/18--19:02: _How do I get Photo ...
- 12/17/18--19:24: _help choosing one f...
- 12/17/18--21:20: _Preservation of "Da...
- 12/17/18--21:36: _1809 update again d...
- 12/17/18--22:02: _net Framework error
- 12/17/18--22:02: _cant connect to my ...
- 12/18/18--17:05: _Msn weather issue.....
- 12/18/18--17:35: _I've been noticing ...
- 12/18/18--18:10: _How add many progra...
- 12/18/18--18:20: _Cannot boot Win 10 ...
- 12/18/18--19:20: _How to uninstall KB...
- 12/18/18--20:06: _Insider Windows San...
- 12/18/18--21:23: _Activated Activatio...
- 12/18/18--21:56: _Running one monitor...
- 12/18/18--22:12: _Installing Unverifi...
- 12/18/18--22:33: _Office documents ar...
- 12/19/18--15:54: _Xbox Xbox One Previ...
- 12/17/18--18:07: Desktop Wallpaper Over Spanned Monitor
- 12/17/18--18:35: My Recent Folder is Empty.. How Do I Fix this?
- 12/17/18--18:39: Getting office to auto save locally and on onedrive
- 12/17/18--19:02: How do I get Photo Viewer to come up on clean install of Windows 10?
- 12/17/18--19:24: help choosing one for work purpose
- 12/17/18--21:20: Preservation of "Date Created" property for mp4 files when copying
- 12/17/18--21:36: 1809 update again deleted my wi-fi drivers
- 12/17/18--22:02: net Framework error
- 12/17/18--22:02: cant connect to my hotspot
- 12/18/18--17:05: Msn weather issue.. help!
- 12/18/18--18:10: How add many programs to Controlled Folder Access?
- 12/18/18--18:20: Cannot boot Win 10 1809 due to "IO1 Initialization Failed" !
- 12/18/18--19:20: How to uninstall KB4023057
- 12/18/18--21:23: Activated Activation error
- 12/18/18--21:56: Running one monitor two machines
- 12/18/18--22:12: Installing Unverified Certificate
- 12/18/18--22:33: Office documents are corrupted after recovery
I've downloaded and installed some beautiful themes from Windows Store with some very nice wallpapers. My primary display has a resolution of 5760x1080, three 23" monitors brought together using Nvidia's Surround Feature.
The wallpapers span across the three monitors but the images are grossly enlarged and do not show fully on the display. Most of the pictures are cropped.
Is there a way, a...
My recent folder shows no recent history of files and folders. Its empty. How do I fix this??
Ive used onedrive for quite some time now, but ive never used the sync feature before. - instead manually transferring files from my local drive.
Every time I save (no just save as) an office doc I want it to 1: Save locally and 2: to onedrive.
This should be simple but I cant get it work, or maybe I dont understand the mechanism.
I have the cloud icon in my desktop and it doesnt have...
I installed Windows 10 Professional x64 on a clean drive, added the software and updates and I can't get Photo Viewer to be set as the default Photo Software. I verified photoviewer.dll present in both 32 and 64 bit Program Files Folders. I ran the registry merge to Activate Windows Photo Viewer and checked the Registry and the updates were merged into the Registry, but the option...
Which of these is best for work purpose?
Attachment 217689 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/217689-help-choosing-one-work-purpose-snapshot8258313226477594691.jpg)
It seems that copying some video files ( at least mp4 ), the "Date Created" property is not reliably preserved, especially to and from USB drives. About 10% of them would have the copy time time stamp instead of the original "Date Created" time stamp on the destination file, and it appears, that larger files are more susceptible. And it is not file dependant, recopying the same file, would yield...
MSI Titan GT80 SLI, was running 1803, just bumped me to 1809 half an hour ago. I thought for sure the driver issue was solved as it nuked my wi-fi ability in October disaster and no. The same thing happened. I quickly downloaded the drivers and installed them and I am back online.
This is just a ridiculous situation, I should not have to install drivers when going...
Windows SpecificationsVersion 1809Installed on 14-12-18OS Build 17763.194
I have installed dual boot with windows 10 64bit .Ihave updated to 1809 in october itself and finding freezing slow issues did a reset. 64 bit windows is having issues which I think are inter related.1.Tried to install microsoft indic which requires net framework 2.0 .Turn Windows features on or off...
So as title says. I got 3 desktops with win 10. All of them dont show connection to my hotspot. But it does show all of rest available connections. I did restart to my laptop (wife host) before it happened. Maybe it could be an issue ? Before i was using for weeks everything was fine... For phone it shows hotspot connection, but not for desktops. Any thoughts , thanks.
Ok Im in Canada and set the location to where I am but the live title and lockscreen always say Washington... reseted and uninstalled reinstalled same issue
I have noticed on all systems running W10 (any flavor) that certain windows applications and browsers that are not maximized, an inability to be stretched all the way to the screen edge as in W7.
This only appears in landscape (horizontal) mode. There is about 3 mm total gap size (1.5 mm) on each side of the display where you can center the window but it won't stretch the full...
I am considering enabling Controlled Folder Access to minimize the chance of a ransomeware attack. However, adding all of the programs that should be allowed to access files one .EXE at a time will take months. Is there any way to add all of the executables in the Program Files folder at once? Thanks.
My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1809 system has been booting and working fine. Then I created a clone of the entire system disk (120 GB Samsung SSD) using Acronis Disk Director 12.5 booted from a flash drive. When this was finished, I removed the backup device and the DD flash drive and rebooted.
Now I always get a BSOD "IO1 Initialization Failed". Every time! Even if I remove all other peripherals...
On Jan 4 I installed KB4023057. I now wish I hadn't and want to uninstall it. I see it listed in "View update history" but it is not listed under "Uninstall update". Some of the fixes installed on Jan 4 are listed, but not KB4023057. How do I uninstall it other that by restoring from an old backup?
I see that KB4023057 is again awaiting download. Odd.
*Windows Sandbox is a new lightweight desktop environment tailored for safely running applications in isolation.*
How many times have you downloaded an executable file, but were afraid to run it? Have you ever been in a situation which required a clean installation of Windows, but didnt want to set up a virtual machine?
At Microsoft we regularly encounter these situations,...
What do you guys make of this? It's kinda driving me nuts.:(
In one place it says windows is activated,
Yet it has an activation error code over to the right of image.
I am wonder ng what one can use if ever someone wanted to use two machines with one monitor is there a switch type hub that can take the input from either machine one or machine two and display the output on one monitor keeping in mind there is only one keyboard and one mouse.
I have seen on EBay such a device but it looks to have the older type USB inputs for the KB and mouse that are square...
my new pay VPN service asked me to install a certificate on my pc as well as my iphone if I wanted to use the service. My iphone tells me its not verified and I do not recall that being the case when installing on my pc.
I have been reading and it seems to be a reasonable request. The VPN provider is also well reviewed and endorsed by well known entities. I am happy with the...
I have recovered my Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) by a data recovery application. It recovered file successfully but now, they are corrupt. I have around 79 files.
Please suggest me.
Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha will begin receiving a new 1902 Xbox One system update (181217-2102). The 1902 build is a new release of the recovery building upon the latest 1811 build plus new bug fixes. Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 1902 system update.
* Fixed an issue where...