Articles on this Page
- 12/02/18--14:11: _Flash Drives 32 or ...
- 12/03/18--11:36: _Xbox Xbox One Previ...
- 12/03/18--11:46: _Where is Windows 1809?
- 12/03/18--11:48: _Windows Hello not w...
- 12/03/18--11:50: _Mobile New Office I...
- 12/03/18--12:07: _Clean install or what
- 12/03/18--12:23: _Win10 keeps compres...
- 12/03/18--12:57: _Any future for digi...
- 12/03/18--13:09: _Internet Access Blo...
- 12/03/18--13:19: _Can't delete a fold...
- 12/03/18--14:08: _Weard selection iss...
- 12/04/18--11:21: _Win10 refuses to ch...
- 12/04/18--11:41: _Homegroup vs Workgroup
- 12/04/18--11:49: _Network & Sharing E...
- 12/04/18--11:56: _PC shut off randoml...
- 12/04/18--12:31: _Solved UK Keyboard ...
- 12/04/18--12:37: _Camera's Memory st...
- 12/04/18--12:38: _Solved 'reinstall W...
- 12/04/18--12:40: _Announcing launch o...
- 12/04/18--14:05: _Windows CAN'T TELL ...
- 12/02/18--14:11: Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?
- 12/03/18--11:46: Where is Windows 1809?
- 12/03/18--11:48: Windows Hello not working.
- 12/03/18--12:07: Clean install or what
- 12/03/18--12:23: Win10 keeps compressing C drive files (new and old). Cannot stop it.
- 12/03/18--12:57: Any future for digital camera WiFi SD cards?
- 12/03/18--13:09: Internet Access Blocked
- 12/03/18--13:19: Can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?
- 12/03/18--14:08: Weard selection issue in Windows apps only
- 12/04/18--11:21: Win10 refuses to change the default photo viewer
- 12/04/18--11:41: Homegroup vs Workgroup
- 12/04/18--11:56: PC shut off randomly, now it won't stay on
- 12/04/18--12:31: Solved UK Keyboard layout?
- 12/04/18--12:37: Camera's Memory stick not showing up on my PC
- 12/04/18--12:40: Announcing launch of Microsoft Graph Security Hackathon
- 12/04/18--14:05: Windows CAN'T TELL if I have enough memory for updates!?
I want to purchase a 128G Flash Drive. I didn't realize they come in 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't know the difference or if it even matters. I have 4 64-bit laptops with Window 10 Home. I may install a Linux distro in the future. Does it matter which Flash Drive I get now. Any help is much appreciated.
Sorry for what may be a simple silly question, but I haven't used Flash Drives all that much....
Starting at 2:00 p.m. PDT today, members of the Xbox One Preview Alpha will begin receiving a new 1902 Xbox One system update (181129-1920). The 1902 build is a new release of the recovery building upon the latest 1811 build plus new bug fixes. Read on for more about the fixes and known issues in the latest 1902 system update.
*My Games and Apps*
I know Microsoft had some problems with 1809 and stopped the roll out. What is the current status on the update?
I only noticed this after the most recent update, but not sure that is the cause. I've followed some fix suggestions like removing/reinstalling the Hello driver and the IR front camera driver, but that has not solved the problem. When I go to the sign-in options I see the message "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown".
A preview of the December feature update for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Windows 10 Mobile is now available.
Here's everything you need to know about this feature update.
* *Audience:* Office Insiders enrolled in Slow level; Windows Insiders
* *Released:* November 30, 2018
* *Package version:* 16001.11126.20008
Windows 10 upgrade seems to have messed up my profile files . I can login but get a profile warning notice & after ok I get to a messed up desktop No users, only icon recycle bin & no key strokes do anything even on windows button . I have downloaded a file to allow USB boot & not sure what options to follow . I tried a setup.exe but result left me in same boat as before . If I clean install...
Dear Tenforums users,
I have recently (I think it started less than a week ago) encountered problems or rather peculiarities with my Lenovo laptop:
two blue arrows started appearing on nearly all my files and folders (image files, Word documents e.g.). In addition, whenever I create a new file or folder, the same happens right away. Could a recent update be responsible for this and has anyone...
A few years ago, there was hope for SD cards that could be used to transfer digicam images as they were taken to a smartphone app or a desktop computer.
More recently, that hope has faded. Eyefi seems to have gone out of business, and the company that purchased them, which used the Keenai brand name, has shut down their online service and encouraged people to use Toshiba FlashAir, with no...
So I just noticed my plex media server is unaccessible from my TV, says server unavailable. I can view the server (which is running on my laptop) when I go to 127.0.0.1 but if I try and go to the full private ip address I get this message.
I even tried turning Windows firewall completely off and I still get that message. I also get it when trying to log in to my router....
I also get general...
Hi, I have win 10, 64 bit installed on my laptop. (along with Cybereason Ransomfree)
However I seem to have picked up somewhere folders that appear in My Docs,
C drive, and on my D drive with random names (that keep changing) and a series of files in them (always 10 which I have not opened).
I have tried to delete these to no avail; by using the command prompt as administrator, but they...
I have this issue in windows 10 apps :
A black box appear around an option, like if you click on tab, the difference is that if i click again on tab, it stay to this option
In the explorer, in configuration panel (windows 7 settings) in chrome or any software, it works normaly, even in office.
I just did a fresh Win10 reinstall on Sunday and I always prefer to use the old Windows Photo Viewer from Vista and 7. But when I choose 'open with' then check 'always use this app' for a picture it opens that time correctly but continues to default using the Win10 Photos app on subsequent tries. I've also tried using the Default Programs options and when I choose a different option for photos,...
Last year I did some testing with three computers linked through a Switch and Ethernet CAT6 cables. I didn't have much luck with Homegroups and was constantly asked to return to a Home Network and kept getting cut off. I managed to connect three computers through Workgroup with fewer problems.
Is Workgroup a more reliable setup compared to Homegroup?
*How to Encrypt or Unencrypt Offline Files Cache in Windows*
*Offline Files* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/122727-enable-disable-offline-files-windows.html) is a feature of *Sync Center* that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable.
Users can use offline files (if *enabled*...
So, Friday, I was in the middle of some paperwork, when my PC shut off seemingly randomly. No crash, no sounds or beeps, just powered off. I turned it back on, and it turned off again after a few seconds, then turned itself on a couple seconds later, then off, then on, and so on. I managed to get into Windows once or twice, but it rarely makes it as far as that before shutting off again. I took...
I just ordered a laptop, and after placing the order I realized it had a UK keyboard layout.
Is this going to be an issue here in the US. It is a Google Pixelbook.
This memory stick works on other PC's. It does not show up in Device Manager or as a removal drive on my PC. I unistalled and reinstalled the Mass Storage driver in Device Manager and restarted my PC. Is there anything else I can do?
I'm sure I've seen somewhere on tenforums about reinstalling windows (using the Media Creation Tool) without losing my installed applications but I can't find it.
Could you give me a link to the tutorial (if the above is indeed possible)?
Today we *announced (https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/microsoftsecure/2018/12/03/kicking-off-the-microsoft-graph-security-hackathon/)* the launch of the *Microsoft Graph Security Hackathon (https://graphsecurityhack.devpost.com/)*. We invite you to join it and submit your creative applications that can help improve organizations cyber...
All of my windows files are on my C drive. I have over 50GB of free space on that drive, but every time that Windows tries to update my PC, it says Windows Can't Tell if there's enough room for the update and then cancels it.