Articles on this Page
- 11/23/18--06:16: _New W10 laptop, wan...
- 11/23/18--20:38: _Does Macrium Free H...
- 11/23/18--21:29: _How to sync folders...
- 11/23/18--22:05: _HELP - Idiot Msft T...
- 11/24/18--01:17: _What are the cons a...
- 11/24/18--01:51: _Need some help maki...
- 11/24/18--02:02: _External drive inac...
- 11/24/18--03:26: _New 4TB WD External...
- 11/24/18--04:53: _"Your Phone" app sh...
- 11/24/18--05:27: _Win 10 - can't remo...
- 11/24/18--06:03: _WMP Find album info...
- 11/24/18--19:39: _VirusTotal is Flagg...
- 11/24/18--21:11: _Windows Startup Som...
- 11/24/18--21:40: _How to run W10 ISO ...
- 11/24/18--22:58: _How do I easily get...
- 11/25/18--00:32: _Cannot Update My Co...
- 11/25/18--00:44: _Q: How to fix windo...
- 11/25/18--03:07: _1809 update fails w...
- 11/25/18--03:50: _Log in problem
- 11/25/18--06:24: _Is it me or is the ...
- 11/23/18--06:16: New W10 laptop, want to use Office 2013 Pro instead of Office 365
- 11/23/18--20:38: Does Macrium Free Have an Autorun Problem?
- 11/23/18--21:29: How to sync folders between a wired connected PC and WiFi laptop?
- 11/23/18--22:05: HELP - Idiot Msft Tech Fudged Up My PC
- 11/24/18--01:17: What are the cons and pros of leaving Game Mode On constantly ?
- 11/24/18--01:51: Need some help making a short batch file
- 11/24/18--02:02: External drive inaccessible and causes computer to freeze
- 11/24/18--04:53: "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...
- 11/24/18--05:27: Win 10 - can't remove login password
- 11/24/18--06:03: WMP Find album info not working
- 11/24/18--19:39: VirusTotal is Flagging Windows .exe's
- 11/24/18--21:11: Windows Startup Sometimes Stalls at Black Screen with Blue Window
- 11/24/18--21:40: How to run W10 ISO with built in activation key
- 11/24/18--22:58: How do I easily get these SSD partitions I want with least SSD wear
- 11/25/18--00:32: Cannot Update My Computer
- 11/25/18--00:44: Q: How to fix windows 10 black screen issue?
- 11/25/18--03:07: 1809 update fails with 0x800F081F error
- 11/25/18--03:50: Log in problem
- 11/25/18--06:24: Is it me or is the windows store not fit for purpose for gaming?
I've just got a new Windows 10 laptop with O365 home edition trial pre-installed.
I have Office Pro 2013, Visio 2013 and MS Project 2013 that I have legit license keys for, have used happily on W7 and want to continue using instead of O365.
I uninstalled O365 from the Apps and Features control panel.
I installed Office Pro 2013 from the DVD ISO
When I run an office app like Word, I...
I had a Seagate 1T USB Expansion drive plugged in as a drive for Macrium to write to.
All was fine for a while, I thought and then I got problems with that disk.
In the finish I ran diagnostic software on it - dskchk and Seatools and I got told it was a problem disk alright.
I took it off that computer and put it on this one.
This one declared it was blocking autorun and then accepted...
Up front, I am not an expert on this: as a single user with standalone PC I had nothing to do with 'sharing' stuff.
Have been puzzling about the below for many hours now and maybe, what I want, isn't possible. Don't know.
I would like to sync folders between my desktop PC (wired connected) and my laptop (WiFi).
Both having the latest Windows 10 x64 version (1809)
On both the folders are...
Some idiot tech at msft fudged up my PC over an issue I was having. I couldn't boot to my desktop after that. So I inserted my installation disk to install a fresh new copy. For some reason I got an error saying, "we couldn't create a new partition. Error: 0xe6774cc0." To correct this, I entered the following commands from a youtube video in command prompt:
So basically it was claimed that Game Mode previously found in game bar was a mean to give performance priority to games that are set to it , the theory behind it was vague and then there were posts it was about setting game priority to high while setting everything else priority to low including background apps and services .
Now on update 1809 Game Mode was moved to a new location in...
I need help with a rather short batchfile.
I need Two actually each with subtle differences..
Batch file A
1-Check the date of the file on a USB pen in folder B is newer than the same file on the PC if it is then replace the file
2-run a .exe program ( I hope the batch file doesnt move forward until the .exe program ends)
I have a Seagate external drive (2TB) which is causing me trouble. It is found and listed as Healthy by windows and I can see it's folders, however if I attempt to access any of them explorer freezes. I've tried it in Windows 10, Linux Manjaro and Linux Mint with similar results. It is by no means an old drive. It started happening after an accidental reboot occurred as I was moving files....
There is something I want to hint that might surprise the lot of you , I have lately purchased three 4 TBs hard drive of Western Digital (The non Ultra colorful ones) , after migrating my data to which from various other lower capacity external and internal drives on attempting to replug 2 of them back they were unrecognized and appeared similar to this screen (Snapped from a post on this forum)...
i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck.
My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8.
As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both on the phone and PC. Recently i even changed my PC (on the old one issue was the same) so it is fresh installation...
I recently had an OS meltdown and had to reinstall Windows 10 . The image I downloaded from Dell is apparently newer than the install I replaced: I tried to get rid of my login password using netplwiz, which I had done successfully in my previous installation. However, in the new OS netplwiz displays the same options as the previous version, but unchecking "Users must enter a uername..." has no...
I don't remember the last time i used Windows Media Player, but it was working well the last time. Today i tried to use the the "Find album info" so i could rip some cd's to mp3 with info like track names, but the screen just stays white, no error. The url that it have is musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com
I checked the host file just in case, but there is nothing related that is being blocked.
My first post here so let's hope I'm not breaking any forum rules off the bat (specifically my posting of a Mega video link). I'm pretty keen to get this looked at so I haven't taken the time to read through all the rules yet but will very shortly - sorry if I happen to break any right now.
Could someone please take a look at the video (link provided following) to see if they...
Starting windows is intermittent; sometimes I have a normal start, and other times it hangs at the screen with the black background, blue window, and the rotating dots. The dots seem to rotate indefinitely.
After some annoying issues with the hard drive running continuously, I made a fresh win10 install using a Media Creation Tool to make a bootable flash drive and make a...
Hi I received a Windows 10 ISO file from our IT Dept at my work and was told that it has a built in key (volume licensing version). His exact words were "you can put this on a USB stick and use this to install (the key is built in)"
So I made a bootable W10 USB installer on a Mac using Boot Camp Assistant (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-installer-usb-drive-mac), set the...
For new laptop with only Windows 10 Pro 64 v1803 & some utilities installed:
I HAVE: a 1 TB SSD (NVMe M.2). Win 10 "Disk Management" says SSD has:
952 GB total Capacity [gigantic] in my C: Windows partition
52 GB used Capacity [small] in my C: Windows partition
I WANT: the 1 TB SSD (NVMe M.2) existing C: Windows partition to change to:
266 GB total Capacity [optimum] for my C: Windows...
Windows 10 64Bit
All my Autodesk products would not work anymore on my PC. I have been farting around to find a solution. That took me to making sure my PC is currently updated; the Autodesk technicians asked me to make sure. I completely removed all Autodesk traces from my PC (very tedious).
Here are my issues: :(:(:(:(
Cannot install any Autodesk products.
Reinstalled Windows (kept apps...
I have Windows 10 Version (OS build 15063.138)
All was working fine.
Suddenly some services under svchost.exe started using high bandwidth. I mistakenly blocked it through the firewall.
I was logged in at that time and all was working fine.
When I shut down my pc and booted again and log in, it shows the screen which windows show when a new user sign in the first time.
I waited for 15...
I downloaded MediaCreationTool1809.exe and used it to create an installation thumb drive for Win10 x64 1809. I used the thumb drive to update my laptop to 1809 (running setup.exe off the root of the thumb drive), and that completed without problem. After a couple of days without problems on the laptop, I used the thumb drive to update my desktop via the same process, but after performing the...
My 8 year old has locked himself out of his laptop because he likes messing with the username and password and now he can't remember the password.
I have reset the Microsoft password but the log in is not using the Microsoft password. I am unable to boot in safe mode as it asks for the log in password. I can't find a way around it.
Can anyone assist. How do I upload a screenshot on...
Having an absolutely awful time with gaming via the windows store, so much that I've cancelled my gamepass subscription. Is it just me or is this just totally unfit for use?
Simple tasks like trying to find and launch the games I own are tediously long winded while seeing exactly what games I actually get for my £7.99 monthly subscription seems an entirely absent feature. I'm regularly trying...