Articles on this Page
- 11/21/18--22:13: _Windows 10 Upgrade ...
- 11/22/18--01:20: _Marvell 91xx slow d...
- 11/22/18--01:28: _update to 1809
- 11/22/18--02:03: _Start menu's search...
- 11/22/18--02:16: _Remove Airplane mod...
- 11/22/18--02:24: _Disable "Refresh" o...
- 11/22/18--02:41: _Whea_uncorrectable_...
- 11/22/18--02:45: _MKV Files won't pla...
- 11/22/18--02:51: _Most useful CMD Com...
- 11/22/18--02:55: _Problems with Steam...
- 11/22/18--04:07: _Uninstalled an Inte...
- 11/22/18--20:01: _"Mode" info returne...
- 11/22/18--21:15: _Networked computers...
- 11/23/18--00:29: _Brightness randomly...
- 11/23/18--00:51: _can't boot Grub2 wi...
- 11/23/18--01:22: _Deleting a locked o...
- 11/23/18--01:26: _365 Is it possible ...
- 11/23/18--01:44: _pi weed
- 11/23/18--05:05: _Solved how can I av...
- 11/23/18--05:53: _Ext. 4TB USB Sudden...
- 11/21/18--22:13: Windows 10 Upgrade degraded my download speed. Help
- 11/22/18--01:20: Marvell 91xx slow disk write
- 11/22/18--01:28: update to 1809
- 11/22/18--02:03: Start menu's search randomly stops working after update to 1809
- 11/22/18--02:16: Remove Airplane mode and Mobile hotspot from WiFi menu
- 11/22/18--02:24: Disable "Refresh" option from desktop right click context menu
- 11/22/18--02:41: Whea_uncorrectable_error (124)
- 11/22/18--02:45: MKV Files won't play in v1809
- 11/22/18--02:51: Most useful CMD Commands for IT Technicians
- 11/22/18--02:55: Problems with Steam after the 1809 update.
- 11/22/18--04:07: Uninstalled an Intel Program and Now Startup Repair Looping
- 11/22/18--20:01: "Mode" info returned by Windows 10 dir command
- 11/22/18--21:15: Networked computers not seen in file explorer
- 11/23/18--00:29: Brightness randomly goes up and back down
- 11/23/18--00:51: can't boot Grub2 with Win10 BCD boot manager
- 11/23/18--01:26: 365 Is it possible to create an IMAP account next to the same POP3
- 11/23/18--01:44: pi weed
- 11/23/18--05:05: Solved how can I avoid windows updates
- 11/23/18--05:53: Ext. 4TB USB Suddenly Unallocated w/ Lots of Data Looking 4 HELP : )
I've recently had the courage to upgrade my windows software from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but it has been causing me a lot of issues lately. My internet is extremely fast but my downloads seem to take over an hours just to download files sizes at around 300 mb? I'm extremely confused and the system lags a lot. Just attempting to save a picture onto my desktop lags the system...
Gigabyte B75M-D3H motherboard
Windows 10 1803
Accessing the disks works fine.
But writing is at USB 2 speeds.
In Device Manager -> System Devices it is listed as Marvell 91xx Config Device.
The driver is latest (checked various ways.)
In Device Manager - Storage Controllers it is not listed.
I'm not sure if I'm posting to the correct department.
How do I know if I can safely update to ver.1809 (I'm now in 1803) without damaging my printer?
I upgraded on November 18 and had to fight with my printer (HP 4500) who stopped printing until I rolled back to 1803.
I understand that 1809 was called back.
Is there a new 1809 0r 1810+ that does not damage HP printers?
We rolled out 1809 in our company couple of days ago.
After update I noticed annoying problem with start menu.
When I hit win-key and start to type a program's name (outl..., mstsc etc) the start menu grays out and goes unresponsive. It comes back to life if I hit ESC, but when I try to type something again, it grays out again.
The problems goes away for awhile if I reboot the...
I want to remove these two icons/options.
Attachment 214777 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/customization/214777-remove-airplane-mode-mobile-hotspot-wifi-menu-wifi.jpg)
Anyone know how to do this?
I have seen three or four blue screens on a clients computer and have only just managed to grab the dump file before it disappears. I have submitted the file to osronline and have attached the analysis.
The bit that confuses me is that it mentions a fatal hardware error but also mentions a win8_driver_fault.
If somebody with a better debug brain than me can look at the attached...
Ok so, i've noticed that v1809 will NOT play MKV files in VLC or any other video player. They work perfectly on my other computer which is still running v1803. Is there a fix?
I would like to learn the most useful CMD/Powershell commands to help me diagnose problems, can anyone recommend me any books or links to pdf that I could print and use
Good morning folks,
Has anyone else here had problems with games running under Steam since installing the 1809 update?.
In particular, the games' splash screen appears, but nothing else happens. Opening Task Manager shows the game supposedly running, but only using a small amount of memory.
I've installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX1070 card, then tried running the game. It worked...
EDIT: forgot to mention that I have been running on version 1803 since summer and never had this issue.
I was cleaning my PC by uninstalling old programs and update some of them to the latest version. After uninstalling Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver it issued a restart, and since then I've not been able to get back into Windows.
The very first and second boots, right after...
Windows 10 seems to have a new set of info returned by the "dir" Powershell command. This appears under the "Mode" heading, e.g. -a---- or d----- , but nowhere have I found what these entries mean or how to interpret the individual characters. I get that they have to do with folder and/or file permissions, but where are they explicitly described?
I have 4 windows pc's on my home network. I'm just trying to understand why networking works the way it does. Here is how things look on each of the 4 devices which I will refer to as 1, 2, 5, and 7:
System #1 (Win 7, ethernet) shows: 1, 2, and 7
System #2 (Win 10, ethernet) shows: 2, 5, and 7
System #5 (Win 10, wifi) shows: 5
System #7 (Win 10, ethernet) shows: 1, 2, and 7
Since last weeks, my laptop has this weird issue:
It's brightness goes up for a brief second, then goes back to normal settings.
I don't think it's hardware because none of my laptop's wires get touched.
How can i find out if and which application changes my screen brightness programatically?
For years, I've been able to switch back and forth between Ubuntu's Grub boot manager and Windows 7's boot manager on my laptop's SSD before actually selecting one or the other OS to boot. When I selected Windows on the Grub menu, the Win7 boot manager would present its menu which included Ubuntu. If I then selected Ubuntu, Grub would bring up its boot menu which included Windows. But now,...
I have a folder which is locked via "Lock-A-FoLdeR" program.
I would like to create a readme file (doc or txt) that when opened would unlock the folder and then permanently delete the folder and its contents.
This is a folder I want to be deleted when my surviving spouse begins pouring through the folder I have created called "In The Event of My Death". Upon going through this folder a readme...
Currently installed on desktop and using POP3. I have been using POP3 since Office 97.
Recently changed to 365.
It is installed on my desktop. Not yet on my laptop.
It is still using POP3/PST.
Sofar I have been very, I mean very, reluctant to switching IMAP (just do a Google search on : IMAP problems)
I intend to switch to IMAP and OST, because I want to synchronize my laptop...
does anyone know of an old win98 compatible program called pic weed i had it a long time ago but haven't seen anything like it as of now worked great for sorting jpg files from multiple directories seeing pics side by side was great and sending/moving to the desired folder as well, what is recommended now?
I rolled back to 1803 and received 2 updates causing a demand for activation that failed.
update to 1809 solves this problem but damages my HP printer and nothing I did helped besides returning to 1803.
I turned off everything I could in Settings --> update & security but I saw that windows prepared updates that I don't want. These updates leave me in 1803 but demand activation that...
Barebones drive used in a docking station. I always safely eject when done. Put it in the other day and crap on a cracker I see this:
Attachment 214881 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/drivers-hardware/214881-ext-4tb-usb-suddenly-unallocated-w-lots-data-looking-4-help-image-1.jpg)
Attachment 214882 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/drivers-hardware/214882-ext-4tb-usb-suddenly-unallocated-w-lots-data-looking-4-help-image-2.jpg)
I bought this 4TB drive because an external 2TB USB w/ enclosure was on the brink of...