Articles on this Page
- 11/20/18--12:50: _BSOD happening rand...
- 11/21/18--10:18: _New Microsoft Launc...
- 11/21/18--10:42: _Bsod dpc_watchdog_...
- 11/21/18--10:43: _Sound doesnt work a...
- 11/21/18--11:01: _Using external stor...
- 11/21/18--11:30: _Deadzone in Fullscr...
- 11/21/18--12:04: _laptop making noise...
- 11/21/18--12:11: _Microphone only pic...
- 11/21/18--12:33: _Command Prompt to d...
- 11/21/18--13:06: _Default Program
- 11/21/18--13:07: _Unable to Pin Certa...
- 11/21/18--15:14: _No options to turn ...
- 11/21/18--15:43: _Network wont activate
- 11/21/18--17:02: _Custom Color
- 11/21/18--17:20: _Installed 10 pro on...
- 11/21/18--18:20: _PC won't wake up: I...
- 11/21/18--19:44: _Two OS in Windows 1...
- 11/21/18--20:02: _Broken Start Menu s...
- 11/21/18--21:37: _Need help to block ...
- 11/21/18--22:06: _Group Policy Settin...
- 11/20/18--12:50: BSOD happening randomly after upgrading some components
- 11/21/18--10:42: Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation
- 11/21/18--10:43: Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running
- 11/21/18--11:01: Using external storage for the October update
- 11/21/18--11:30: Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?
- 11/21/18--12:04: laptop making noise on startup - sign of trouble ahead?
- 11/21/18--12:11: Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?
- 11/21/18--12:33: Command Prompt to delete to recycle bin
- 11/21/18--13:06: Default Program
- 11/21/18--13:07: Unable to Pin Certain Programs to Start Menu
- 11/21/18--15:14: No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider
- 11/21/18--15:43: Network wont activate
- 11/21/18--17:02: Custom Color
- 11/21/18--17:20: Installed 10 pro on M.2 SSD, want to boot from this drive only now.
- 11/21/18--18:20: PC won't wake up: Intermittent problem
- 11/21/18--19:44: Two OS in Windows 10 - is this slowing the laptop?
- 11/21/18--20:02: Broken Start Menu since October update, any help is appreciated.
- 11/21/18--21:37: Need help to block subtle spam.
- 11/21/18--22:06: Group Policy Settings Reference Spreadsheet Windows 1809
Hello. I recently upgraded some of my components (everything except my PSU and GPU) and I've been getting these random BSOD crashes. They happen while just sitting browsing the internet, watching Twitch etc and once while gaming. I ran some stress tests, Prime 95, Memtest86, Furmark, Heaven they all passed and the system was stable and didn't crash. For the first 2-3 days I seemingly did not have...
Our last major #MicrosoftLauncher release of 2018 is one of our favorites. We're so incredibly thankful for all of the support and feedback from our customers. With the 5.1 update, we want to say THANK YOU and Happy Holidays!
Do you want to see your @STICK (https://www.tenforums.com/members/stick.html)yNotes and @Microsoft (https://www.tenforums.com/members/microsoft.html)ToDo tasks in...
Hello I get a Blue screen of death error maybe once or twice a day, it is labeled as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I've ran some minidump file analyzers and one said it was my razer mouse software, so I updated it, restarted the computer, and got the BSOD again. Here is all the info about the minidump files below.
Attachment 213274 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/bsod-crashes-debugging/213274-bsod-dpc_watchdog_violation-desktop-8209oeq-wed_11_21_2018_123523_68.zip)
I am currently having sound issues
basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do
my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks fine, my computer volume is up, and my speaker volume is up :(
Once again as I wait for the October Update to arrive I am concerned about my small storage (nominal 42 GB) 2-in-1 tablet PC having enough space to install it. I understand that now additional storage available on a USB flash 'pen drive' can be used, temporarily. I have some questions about this.
Does the drive have to be empty, as after a format, or will it be OK if there are other files...
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. First post and I'm not sure where everything is yet.
I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently after switching from linux. I ran windows 10 before and haven't had this issue.
I have an issue whenever I open any games in full screen where the middle to far right side of the screen is a deadzone (I get a normal cursor and can't control the game), and is...
For the last week my laptop has started making a jet engine noise when I turn it on. Once it's going it's fine and it quietens down to normal. Might this be a sign that things are soon to go kaput?
I've had the laptop for about two years, use it every day.
It's a HP with Intel Core i5-6200U CPU 2.3GHz 8GB RAM 64bit.
I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only picks up audio coming out through the headphones.
(EDIT): My microphone can now pick up my voice, but it still picks up...
I've recently made some bat scripts to do some stuff with zip files, extract and sort/rename etc blah blah blah not important. As part of the cleanup I have it delete the zip file once its extracted however something went wrong the other day and it turns out "del file.zip" just deletes it completely. Is there a way to send to recycle bin via command prompt so i can retrieve the file if something...
I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the
old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using
10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I just
don't like the way the new setup is.
I am unable to pin certain programs to the start menu. Please see the video below. I downloaded and installed a utility called FileTypesMan. When I attempt to pin it to the start menu, and then perform a search for it, it does not show up in the search results. Please advise. TIA.
I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this:
My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive brightness feature again that I disabled almost three years ago. Now it's pretty much useless in dim environments because the...
Ive tried everything. Nothing seams to work.
Resetting Windows,, repairing startup. Tried ALL possibilities with shiftreastart.
Wonder IF someone knops whats wrong and what to do before downloading clean Windows and reinstall?
NOTE: Have the correct password. But the safemode whith networking refuse to show up.
Im not à newbie and this is frustraiting Coz the job to reinstall all...
If I try to use "Settings > Personalization > Colors > Custom Color", the color dialog opens and then the Settings window closes after a few seconds. I have tried this in high contrast and it does the same thing.
Windows 10 1803.
MSI X99A Raider MB, Intel i7 6800 3.40 Processor.
I decided to go with 10 pro when I recently installed a Samsung EVO 960 M2 SSD, previous to this I was using 10 Home Edition that is installed on a SATA3 SSD. I did the install from a bootable USB, which has the windows installation program on it.
When the 10 Pro was installed, it put a bootloader on the SSD with 10 Home Edition on it,...
Problem do come and go. Now more frequent.
PC won't wake up from the sleep mode.
- I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up
- I did setup the BIOS to enable it.
- I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow
This afternoon, I was not even able to restart using the reset button. I had to press the power button for ten second to power down and...
Last time I had to do I hard restart I noticed I seem to have two OS's (both Windows 10) and I was given a choice about which one to use when restarting. Not sure how this came about, but when I go to This PC in Windows Explorer I see a drive called OS (D:). The usage bar is red and shows only 15 GB available of 185 GB.
First question is whether this situation is likely to be slowing the...
So ever since the (infamous) October update, my start menu has been messed up. I configure my start menu to have no tiles at all, but after turning my computer off, waiting a little while and turning it back on, the start menu *always* resets to default. I've tried a number of fixes that seemed to work, but when I boot up my PC again the next day, all the pinned apps magically...
I'm pretty good at trapping spam, but this instance and similar ones in Outlook has me beat:
Here's the data:
I can't figure out how to create a rule that will catch this. Any ideas? Also, this sort of spam seems to use the empty characters that look like a rectangle. Any way to catch names or addresses...
Updated version now available for 1809
This spreadsheet lists the policy settings for computer and user configurations that are included in the Administrative template files delivered with the Windows operating systems specified. You can configure these policy settings when you edit Group Policy Objects.
Download Group Policy Settings Reference Spreadsheet...