Articles on this Page
- 11/13/18--16:41: _Office Office 365 S...
- 11/13/18--16:43: _Office Office 365 S...
- 11/13/18--16:45: _Reinstall Win 10 1809
- 11/13/18--16:47: _Weirdness! Cannot O...
- 11/13/18--17:45: _Weird Defender Issu...
- 11/13/18--18:33: _Is there a way to c...
- 11/13/18--18:46: _Strange file saving...
- 11/13/18--18:55: _Dual boot: chkdsk e...
- 11/13/18--19:24: _How to choose RAM (...
- 11/14/18--06:29: _Two identical user ...
- 11/14/18--06:50: _Intel Unveils Neura...
- 11/14/18--06:57: _New VM won't boot
- 11/14/18--06:59: _Sleep Mode
- 11/14/18--07:05: _Surface Surface Go ...
- 11/14/18--07:13: _Why cryptojacking m...
- 11/14/18--07:16: _Researchers discove...
- 11/14/18--07:41: _Media Server Software
- 11/14/18--07:48: _KVM Switching Cause...
- 11/14/18--08:00: _Video streaming ove...
- 11/14/18--12:49: _File sharing - unab...
- 11/13/18--16:45: Reinstall Win 10 1809
- 11/13/18--17:45: Weird Defender Issue i Believe
- 11/13/18--18:33: Is there a way to change radiator fan speed on a evga 120 clc?
- 11/13/18--18:46: Strange file saving behavior
- 11/13/18--19:24: How to choose RAM (memory)?
- 11/14/18--06:29: Two identical user names on logon screen - why?
- 11/14/18--06:50: Intel Unveils Neural Compute Stick 2 for Smarter AI Edge Devices
- 11/14/18--06:57: New VM won't boot
- 11/14/18--06:59: Sleep Mode
- 11/14/18--07:16: Researchers discover seven new Meltdown and Spectre attacks
- 11/14/18--07:41: Media Server Software
- 11/14/18--07:48: KVM Switching Causes Monitors to be Rediscovered - Win10
- 11/14/18--08:00: Video streaming over internet
- 11/14/18--12:49: File sharing - unable to see other computers
*Version 1803: November 13*
Version 1803 (Build 9126.2315)
*Excel: Security updates*
* CVE-2018-8574 (https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-8574): Microsoft Excel Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
* CVE-2018-8577 (https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-8577): Microsoft Excel Remote Code Execution...
*Version 1708: November 13*
Version 1708 (Build 8431.2329)
This is the Semi-Annual Channel release that's been available since January 2018. It will continue to be supported and receive security updates until March 2019. But, a new Semi-Annual Channel release is now available Version 1803 (Build 16.0.9126.2315) which contains new features, security updates, and non-security...
I did a clean install of Win 10 1809 at the beginning of October, when it was first released. Of course, then it was pulled and now it is released again.
Now that it has been re-released, is it best to do another clean install, or would the new cumulative update be just as good? (17763.134)
All of a sudden, when I try to view any or all disk drives by double-clicking their icons on the desktop, *NONE *of them will open or display. What I always get instead is the error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
I get the same error when I try to run any *.msc or control panel. When I...
Updated my System 1809 Pro build to 17763.134, restarted, Then My Fans kicked up to high speed for a good 5-10 minutes, Defender still shows after Full Scan Threats found, despite i checked with every single other portable program and also Eset online scan
So far ran
ADW Cleaner nothing found
Ran Malwarebytes Full scan, again nothing found
Didn't do Defender offline scan...
i ma the new owner of a evga 120 clc liquid cooler for my PC and was wondering if theirs a way to change the fan on the radiator? its a bit loud because its on max all the time even when it doesn't need to be. the everyday fan changing apps like my motherboards provider (gigabyte) or other thrid party apps dont change anything. also evga flow app dosent work for the non rgb evga 120 clc like mine...
Weird stuff. :mad:
All of a sudden I cannot save files to my HD that were scanned though Adobe Acrobat 5.0 (Distiller). The files scan fine but when I try to save them from Acrobat 5 to the HD it says file cannot be saved. Things were working fine last month.
I CAN save it to an external USB Thumb drive however. What is really strange is that once saved to the USB Thumb drive I can copy...
So I am dual-booting between two physical drives: A host drive with Windows10 1803 (SSD/GPT), and a host drive with Windows10 1607 (HDD/MBR). The 1803 is a fresh install via M$ Creation Tool, and the 1607 is my daily driver. I have a SSD/GPT slave shared among the two for data storage. I dual boot by only connecting the SATA0 cable to the host drive I intend to boot from (I never have both...
Hi, I got Notebook computer Acer Aspire E5-576, i5 4 GB memory. (Windows 64 bit Japanese OS)
I want to add 8 GB memory.
I wonder how to choose which memory I could use in this computer?
Or what points should I consider when I buy memory?
Any help will be appreciated.
Noticed that I am not the only one facing this issue after a fresh install.
One way or the other it will be solved, but I wonder why it is showing up in the first place?
Somewhere along the setup there is a screen that says:
"Who's going to use this PC? - What name do you want to use?"
What are users supposed to enter there? The first and last name, corresponding with the Microsoft...
Image: https://simplecore.intel.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2018/11/Intel-Neural-Compute-Stick-2-4.jpg Image: https://simplecore.intel.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2018/11/Intel-Neural-Compute-Stick-2-5.jpg
Image: https://simplecore.intel.com/newsroom/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2018/11/Intel-Neural-Compute-Stick-2-6.jpg Image:...
I'm just beginning to learning my way around the world of VMs and Hyper-V. I've been able to successfully create several VMs and have learned a great deal. I'm stuck on adding a boot menu to a VM.
I have a multiboot machine, Win10, Win7, and Linux Mint. I've successfully created VMs of the Win10 and Linux systems on another PC using Disk2VHD but when I try the doing the same with the Win7...
I have 2 computer with Windows 10 and I put them to sleep before I go to bed and every morning when I get up they are awake? In the power option I put my monitor to sleep after 30 minutes and my computer to sleep after 3 hours but before I go to bed I manually put them to sleep and they are always awake in the morning so does anyone know why this might be happening. Both computers had Windows 7...
*Unveiling Surface Go with LTE Advanced*
We are thrilled to *announce the availability (https://blogs.windows.com/devices/?p=262254)* of Surface Go with LTE Advanced.
With the perfect balance of performance, portability and connectivity , Surface Go with LTE Advanced is built to remove the dependencies of Wi-Fi and allow *Firstline Workers...
Cryptocurrency mining malware has been one of the most prolific forms of malicious software distributed by cyber criminals throughout 2018, but given how some view it as relatively benign compared with other more damaging attacks like ransomware and trojans, it's occasionally overlooked as a threat.
However, cryptojacking malware - which secretly hijacks the processing power of...
A team of nine academics has revealed today seven new CPU attacks. The seven impact AMD, ARM, and Intel CPUs to various degrees.
Two of the seven new attacks are variations of the Meltdown attack, while the other five are variations on the original Spectre attack --two well-known attacks that have been revealed at the start of the year and found to impact CPUs models *going back...
I have been using my pc as a Media Server from my Sharp Smart Tv. However it is very hit and miss.
Like this morning, first of all the TV couldn't see the pc as a server, then after a couple of minutes it could.
Then it could see the directories but not the files, then after about half an hour it could see everything. Does anyone know of a server software that is easy to set-up and...
Hi all, this is my inaugural post into tenforums so thanks in advance for entertaining my issue. I hope I'm covering all the bases here but let me know if I need to provide more info. I did complete my PC specs page with most of the info but I can get more specific if needed.
The main issue is that my Win10 Pro 64bit machine 'reconnects' to my monitors each time I switch back from my Win7 Ent...
This is not related to Windows 10, but I ask here just in case someone can help me. I have several video files (mostly AVI and MP4) in my main PC's hard disk which is located at my parents' house and I want to watch them remotely from another computer located at another area of the town. So naturally, I am looking for some streaming method. I read some sites about using VLC to stream...
I have only two computers on my home network connected by a switch/router. It used to work fine when it comes to sharing and transferring files. They can usually see each other after turning on sharing for any individual folders or files, though, sometime, it does take a few minutes for the other computer to appear under "Network" on the Explorer left pane.
But after recent upgrades, as late...