Articles on this Page
- 11/11/18--12:10: _Solved Cannot chang...
- 11/11/18--12:42: _Cast to TV stopped ...
- 11/11/18--13:20: _Windows 10 tray rep...
- 11/11/18--13:36: _Solved Need help Up...
- 11/11/18--16:08: _Optimizing USB disk...
- 11/11/18--17:56: _Need a excellent Da...
- 11/11/18--18:10: _Looking for a game ...
- 11/11/18--18:14: _Solved Win 10 Lock ...
- 11/11/18--18:36: _Headphones won't co...
- 11/12/18--14:21: _Office 365 sometime...
- 11/12/18--14:21: _Macrium Reflect que...
- 11/12/18--14:43: _Watch out for Nvidi...
- 11/12/18--14:53: _Sorry folks - had t...
- 11/12/18--15:09: _Win 10 Photo viewer...
- 11/12/18--15:29: _hard drive failed a...
- 11/12/18--15:57: _Here comes Patch Tu...
- 11/12/18--16:19: _16 Pin to... I'm gu...
- 11/12/18--17:47: _Streaming video fro...
- 11/12/18--18:48: _Russian characters ...
- 11/13/18--16:38: _Office Office Insid...
- 11/11/18--12:10: Solved Cannot change laptop network type from public to private
- 11/11/18--12:42: Cast to TV stopped working
- 11/11/18--13:20: Windows 10 tray report a action required in Windows Security Center
- 11/11/18--13:36: Solved Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH
- 11/11/18--16:08: Optimizing USB disk shared via NAS
- 11/11/18--17:56: Need a excellent Dark Theme for W10 Pro - ideas?
- 11/11/18--18:10: Looking for a game controller
- 11/11/18--18:14: Solved Win 10 Lock screen issue
- 11/11/18--18:36: Headphones won't connect to Bluetooth (not a pairing problem)
- 11/12/18--14:21: Office 365 sometimes unable to start
- 11/12/18--14:21: Macrium Reflect question
- 11/12/18--14:43: Watch out for Nvidia GSOD on Build 17763.107
- 11/12/18--14:53: Sorry folks - had to give up on Office 2016/2019. Back to 2010
- 11/12/18--15:09: Win 10 Photo viewer not working
- 11/12/18--15:29: hard drive failed and the efi partition was deleted
- 11/12/18--15:57: Here comes Patch Tuesday. Will MS push the 1809 again?
- 11/12/18--16:19: 16 Pin to... I'm guessing... USB?
- 11/12/18--17:47: Streaming video from W10 Pro through a Roku 3?
Win10 ver 1803 laptop connected to router by ethernet cable.
Network type is shown as public.
Going through settings and clicking on the network should give a screen with the top section being 'network profile' but that section just isn't there. The first section is 'metered connection'
How do I change to private network?
So I have been able to cast to my samsung tv up until a few weeks ago where it won't connect. The TV will say "connecting to pc" but then it will lose that message, stay as it currently is and windows 10 will have the "connect to samsung tv" bar at the top of the screen but never connect.
Samsung phone to tv works fine so its not an issue with the tv ( there's nothing really to alter on the tv...
The Windows 10 tray report an action is required in Windows Security Center, but the Security Center reports everything is ok.
How can I clear this tray report or figure out what action is required?
Attachment 211994 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/211994-windows-10-tray-report-action-required-windows-security-center-skjermbilde-2018-11-11-22.12.40-kopi.png)
Attachment 211995 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/211995-windows-10-tray-report-action-required-windows-security-center-skjermbilde-2018-11-11-22.12.40.png)
I'm trying to upload a zip file to my web server using SSH. The zip file is on my windows desktop and I'm already connected to the server and in the directory in which the zip need to be uploaded. What is the command?
I realize I'm asking for help with unix commands but I thought someone from here might know.
I've got a 1.5 TB Samsung Story Station Plus Connected to a Netgear Readynas Ultra 4 using USB 2 (606 GB used, some 129K files in 9600 folders). It is powered by external PS. The drive is shared using Netgear's software.
After adding quite a lot of new files to the drive the responce has become rather slow specially when changing folders on root level. I've read somewhere that it's not...
Hi folks -
I can use an excellent Dark Theme for W10 Pro.
Preferably without installing any patcher, if possible.
Any ideas for a complete and proven theme?
I have games downloaded from Windows Store to my laptop which is running Win 10 version 1803 build 17134.376.
Where can I get a controller for those games ? The mouse is not exactly ideal for some games.
P.S. The only video game console I have is Play Station 2. I am not a "gamer".
So, forgive me if I use the wrong terminology.
I am using Microsoft Windows [*Version 10.0.17134.376*] and would like to keep the lock screen on for a certain amount of time (10 minutes). I searched here and found an outdated post (Power Options - Add Console lock display off timeout Tutorial | Windows 8 Help Forums (https://www.eightforums.com/threads/power-options-add-console-lock-display-off-timeout.8267/)) these options are not...
Using Plantronics Bluetooth headphones (S5xx17). When they have been turned off, the only way they will reconnect to my BT source is by opening the Windows 10 *Sounds *panel (not the *Settings*>Bluetooth and Other Devices window that shows them paired) then selecting the Playback tab. In that tab I have to right-click the icon for my headphones, then click Connect. At that point the headphones...
Out of nowhere in last few days I boot up and try to launch an office program such as word or excel and get met after several seconds of nothing with a dialogue box of blah, blah, excel, or winword is unable to start and some innocuous code. Press ok to close. And it just won't open no matter how many times I try unless I restart machine. Anybody else see this? I wonder if the latest public build...
If I use MR to create an image of a MBR disk is it OK to store that image on a GPT disk ? Is it going to cause problems if I need to restore the image to the MBR disk ?
I just converted my production PC from the plain-vanilla 1809 release to Insider Preview with updates, drivers and hotfixes only, because that's apparently how we keep up-to-date on MS fixes until a new blessed 1809 release finally emerges. So I just updated my Nvidia GeForce Driver to 416.81 and as it was finishing up the install, it threw a GSOD with Exception_not-handled as the stopcode and...
Finally removed all vestiges of my experiments etc with Office 2016 and 2019.
Installed my old MSDN / Technet VL stand alone version of Office 2010, Project 2010 and Visio 2010. Old technet VL key activated on 4 systems without problem (was a VL version in any case). Windows update gave about 4 - 5 pages of updates including a service pack.
Now everything is working brilliantly...
I don't know what happened but for the past week or so the Win 10 Photo Viewer App has quit working. I've done a search on this and it seems like others are having the same problem. I've tried resetting the app, no luck, tried the troubleshooter, no luck, I even uninstalled the app with the use of this line using the Powers Shell "get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage"....
the hard drive in my pc failed yesterday i managed to get almost everything back but the efi partition is lost so i can't boot into windows 10 is there anyway i can recreate it??
i use a gpt motherboard
"Heres the thing about Windows 10 Home. Microsoft considers Home customers fair game. It really should call it Win10 Guinea Pig edition. Microsoft has no qualms whatsoever in pushing its new, untested (perhaps I should say less-than-thoroughly-tested) updates and upgrades onto Windows 10 Home machines..."
Source: Time to block Windows Automatic Update with a new twist for Win10 Pro...
My wife runs an HP DesignJet 500. It's an old printer but she tied to it because of software. Anyway --
-- it has a 16 Pin situation coming out of it. Is there a cord that converts it to, say, USB?
(I've already Googled but got vague results. Does it have a different name?)
Attachment 212093 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/drivers-hardware/212093-16-pin-im-guessing-usb-16pin.jpg)
Have two Roku 3 units connected on the same wireless LAN.
I want to stream video to the TV via the Roku 3, from this W10 Pro box.
Figure Wireless-N speeds due to the Roku 3 bandwidth limitations.
Is it possible to root it?
If not, feel free to suggest an alternate solution at the lowest cost.
I'm running Windows 10 on Bootcamp. THis is a work computer. So almost all program installed are work related. So while installing one of these programs, I remember a prompt window saying that i needed to install .NET package. Without hesitating, i agreed. Now while looking through Add/Remove program, I noticed this in the list.
*Version 1808: November 13*
Version 1808 (Build 10730.20205)
*Excel: Security updates*
* CVE-2018-8574 (https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-8574): Microsoft Excel Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
* CVE-2018-8577 (https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-8577): Microsoft Excel Remote Code Execution...