Articles on this Page
- 11/04/18--21:25: _launching startup p...
- 11/04/18--22:53: _Emby Media Server
- 11/05/18--18:19: _Taskbar issue
- 11/05/18--19:13: _KB4462933 Installed...
- 11/05/18--20:55: _Intel SST Audio Dev...
- 11/05/18--21:22: _Office 365 deactiva...
- 11/05/18--21:52: _Cannot get notifica...
- 11/05/18--22:27: _How do I get rid of...
- 11/05/18--22:58: _Can't remove discon...
- 11/05/18--23:04: _Word Perfect with 4K
- 11/06/18--00:08: _Replacing motherboa...
- 11/06/18--00:52: _File explorer takes...
- 11/06/18--03:52: _2 languages in a ba...
- 11/06/18--04:07: _On screen keyboard ...
- 11/06/18--04:26: _Empty folders disap...
- 11/06/18--04:37: _Repair Install of W...
- 11/06/18--06:55: _Wushowhide not working
- 11/06/18--09:19: _i destroyed my comp...
- 11/06/18--09:29: _File picker UI host...
- 11/07/18--06:50: _New Microsoft To-Do...
- 11/04/18--21:25: launching startup programs
- 11/04/18--22:53: Emby Media Server
- 11/05/18--18:19: Taskbar issue
- 11/05/18--19:13: KB4462933 Installed Twice?
- 11/05/18--20:55: Intel SST Audio Device (WDM), I want 32 bit (64 bit) 192 kHz
- 11/05/18--21:22: Office 365 deactivates when PC offline for some time.
- 11/05/18--21:52: Cannot get notifications to work
- 11/05/18--22:27: How do I get rid of two "phantom" network shares?
- 11/05/18--22:58: Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device
- 11/05/18--23:04: Word Perfect with 4K
- 11/06/18--00:08: Replacing motherboard, cpu and ram, transferring Windows 10
- 11/06/18--00:52: File explorer takes 30'' (seconds) to create a new folder
- 11/06/18--03:52: 2 languages in a battle with each othere
- 11/06/18--04:07: On screen keyboard prediction fades away too quickly
- 11/06/18--04:26: Empty folders disappearing
- 11/06/18--04:37: Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...
- 11/06/18--06:55: Wushowhide not working
- 11/06/18--09:19: i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing
- 11/06/18--09:29: File picker UI host stops working at start up
- 11/07/18--06:50: New Microsoft To-Do 1.42.94 version for Android - November 6
I have a question about launching startup programs.
My system is configured to run a GUI program immediately after user logon.
Instead of placing it in the user's "Startup" directory, the program is invoked via a string value in the registry key "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run".
This approach used to work fine on WinXP & Win7, but the invocation on Win10...
I have installed Emby Media Server as a try out.
It's not for me, but how do I get rid of it.
It doesn't show in "add or remove programs".
I now want to give Plex another go, but I need to remove Emby.
I used to use win10, but that now doesn't seem to work.
I have just factory restored my laptop after 10 crashed for some reason and now I cannot keep more than four icons on the taskbar as they move off to the left when I go to add another.
Anyone know what is wrong with my system as I can find no tutorial to answer the problem I would appreciate any tips please:-)
I remember my system installed KB4462993 before, and Windows Update Manager by Xanatos shows it was installed successfully on 10/25. Yesterday, wushowhide indicated that KB4462993 was waiting to be installed. Again? For the heck of it, I downloaded KB4462993 from MS today and ran it expecting the system to reject re-installation. Surprise, surprise! It proceeded to install and complete the...
I do have this:
Intel(R) Atom (TM) x5-Z8350 CPU @ 1.44 GHz, RAM 4 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Due to problems with ISP my home desktop PC is almost a moth without connection to internet.
I have active Office 365 subscription and office 365 programs (word, excel, etc.) installed on it.
Today I noticed that when I opened my excel document I could only view it but not edit. I guess my office 365 installation got deactivated.
Will it reactivate when I connect to internet?
Is there any...
Awhile back notifications suddenly stopped working, I can't remember if it was after an update.
Under Settings > System > Notification & actions. I have "Get notification from apps and other senders" enabled and have toggled the switch to on under the app list. Still nothing.
Bit of googling founda suggestion to run the SFC, while it did find and repair files, notifications...
Tricky one for me, hope you can help.
I created three network shares all pointing to the USB HDD "NAS" coming off my router. Only ONE is actually mapped but all three are accessible via drilling down under Network. I want to delete two of them, _except_ the actual mapped drive with the green arrow pointing to it in the following picture:
I recently had to change my motherboard, which went without any problems (from Z170 to Z270). I just updated the intel drivers and had to re-activate Windows and that's all. However, the onboard LAN on the new board didn't replace the old one (both being integrated Intel I219-V NICs) but created a new device and a new ethernet interface called "Ethernet 2" (the other interfaces are from...
Can anyone tell me , if WordPerfect Ver X9 , can support a 4K display on Win 10 ?
I hope someone can provide me with the some guidance.
The scenario is this:
1. I'm updating the mobo, cpu and ram in my PC to AMD Ryzen 2700X and a Gigabyte x470.
2. All the other components including the hard drive will be the same.
3. I'll be reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro from scratch.
4. Currently the PC has Windows 10 Pro Retail a free upgrade from 8.1...
as in the title file explorer takes 30'' to create a new folder, is there a solution to this?
I have already verified that the disk is not "sleeping" when I create the folder.
This happens to me with both ssd and spinning drives, on different pc ( HP and Asus) and also
with freshly installed systems, this problem i'm having is on windows 10 18.03 fully updated that I installed yesterday...
after searching help from anywere: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 - Windows 10 Forums
In the control panel I found both languages set and combine together:
I used this step guide:
1. Control panel
2. part Clock and region
3. Region - Change the location
I have been using windows 10 on screen keyboard for a very long without any issues, recently I've noticed the prediction on, on screen keyboard fades away sometimes in a millisecond after you press a letter, which was never the case in past.
Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?
OS: Windows 10 build 1082.
Issue: Empty folders (randomly) disappear.
This happened at least 2 times (of which I am sure). I do not recognize a pattern.
When it happens, all the sub folders (within one "main folder") that did not have files in them just vanish. The other sub folders who contained files remained intact. I checked outside the "main folder", I found empty folders on...
Yesterday I attempted a Repair Install of Windows 10 with Media Creation Tool as per the TenForums Tutorial but for some reason it all went pear-shaped
I downloaded and ran the Media Creation Tool (1803) and get the following screens:-
Getting a few things ready
Applicable Notice and Licence Terms which I accept
Getting a few things ready
What do you want to do where I selected...
After receiving some answers how to get rid of KB4023057, which I found in the installed updates list 5 times ! and it
keeps installing if I do not disable updates, I downloaded "wushowhide" and ran it several times. It did not show any update to hide.
How do I "hide" this update ?
Answers will be appreciated.
So I decided I wanted to download Fortnite, which requires he Epic Games Launcher, so I download that. While its downloading I continued playing Counter Strike, and I got a Do you want this program to make changes to your computer? notification and then my screen turns black. After about 15 minutes of pressing the Windows key and Ctrl+Alt+Del I decide to restart my PC. To my surprise I get the...
For the last week or so the file picker UI host has according to reliability monitor (since i don't get any pop up telling me has has stopped working and needs to shut down) stops working at ro around when i start up my PC from a normal boot. I initally thought it was edge playing up as yesterday after resetting edge the problem did not occur but then did reoccur. It does not seem to be...
*Microsoft To-Do* (https://todo.microsoft.com) is a simple and intelligent to-do list that makes it easy to plan your day. Whether its for work, school or home, To-Do will help you to increase your productivity and decrease your stress levels. It combines intelligent technology and beautiful design to empower you to create a simple daily workflow.