Articles on this Page
- 10/12/18--08:05: _Excel entry problem
- 10/12/18--08:54: _Mouse pad sometimes...
- 10/12/18--08:56: _Windows Update KB44...
- 10/12/18--09:14: _Can't Boot Windows 10
- 10/12/18--09:30: _Windows installed o...
- 10/12/18--09:32: _Harddisk Problem: 1...
- 10/12/18--09:54: _Cannot get audio fr...
- 10/13/18--07:44: _What happened to my...
- 10/13/18--08:38: _How do I fax a docu...
- 10/13/18--08:48: _Hardware & Drivers ...
- 10/13/18--09:09: _Can't boot Win10 wi...
- 10/13/18--09:17: _Strange white Blank...
- 10/13/18--09:56: _window 10 language ...
- 10/13/18--10:41: _Is it common not to...
- 10/13/18--10:43: _windows 10 photos w...
- 10/13/18--10:55: _Hide Printserver fr...
- 10/13/18--10:59: _Skype Options - Fon...
- 10/14/18--06:34: _Downloaded Bogus Ch...
- 10/14/18--06:54: _Windows Update rele...
- 10/14/18--07:07: _How to get full per...
- 10/12/18--08:05: Excel entry problem
- 10/12/18--08:54: Mouse pad sometimes is multi touch???
- 10/12/18--08:56: Windows Update KB4464330 fails with 0x800F0922
- 10/12/18--09:14: Can't Boot Windows 10
- 10/12/18--09:30: Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them
- 10/12/18--09:32: Harddisk Problem: 128GB/476GB used, but only 18GB left
- 10/12/18--09:54: Cannot get audio from online web dictionary
- 10/13/18--07:44: What happened to my Edge left/right navigation arrows???
- 10/13/18--08:38: How do I fax a document using the internet rather than a landline?
- 10/13/18--09:09: Can't boot Win10 with hyperthreading enabled (dual Xeon)
- 10/13/18--09:17: Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)
- 10/13/18--09:56: window 10 language problem
- 10/13/18--10:41: Is it common not to have separate partition for system ?
- 10/13/18--10:43: windows 10 photos will not let me change default
- 10/13/18--10:55: Hide Printserver from Explorer menu?
- 10/13/18--10:59: Skype Options - Font Size
- 10/14/18--06:34: Downloaded Bogus Chrome on New Install!
- 10/14/18--07:07: How to get full permissions for C drive folders?
Good morning. I am running Win 10 ver 1803 and recently updated it. I have a problem never encountered before. My Excel worksheet does not allow me to enter a dollar figure. What comes up when I try is what appears to be a cursor flashing line. How do I fix this? Thanks.
I have a Toshiba L735-11X and I don't know whether it's a Toshiba thing or Windows thing or what it has a Synaptics driver for the mouse but sometimes the mouse seems to be multi touch so I can scroll up and down but other times it doesn't allow me to scroll up and down using the mouse pad any ideas as it's quite frustrating
1. I have done Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 several times
2. Collected a lot of useful log entries from four different tries
Attachment 208057 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/windows-updates-activation/208057-windows-update-kb4464330-fails-0x800f0922-windowsupdateproblem1.log)
Attachment 208058 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/windows-updates-activation/208058-windows-update-kb4464330-fails-0x800f0922-windowsupdateproblem3.log)
Attachment 208059 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/windows-updates-activation/208059-windows-update-kb4464330-fails-0x800f0922-windowsupdateproblem4.log)
I have built a gaming computer and installed Windows 10. Everything was working fine for a couple of hours. The only thing I can figure is that when I plugged in a wireless mouse it messed something up. The mouse wouldn't work while in Windows 10. I got the infamous Blue Screen of Death. It tried to repair itself but didn't make it past 67%. I haven't been able to boot into Windows 10 since. I...
I just bought two SSD drives and installed Win 10 on the 250gb one.
I don't know what happened (what I did!) but when I opened the SSD 500gb W10 got installed there too.
I didn't install any programs on the 250gb - So how do I safely remove Windows from it.
I saw I only have 18GB left on my C: Drive.
But when I check Explorer (even the hidden folders) I only use 128GB of my 476GB.
There are 350GB not shown.
Any suggestion how to locate & delete the not shown space?
Thx for any tips
I cannot get audio whenever I click on the button to voice dictionary words from my browser. I reformatted my computer to factory setting and still have the same issue. I've tried edge browser and google browser with no luck. I have audio when listening to music files and I also have audio when watching videos on youtube and twitch, Just no audio when I click on words in dictionaries.
This is odd.
I have room for, say, a dozen tabs to be visible at a time. If I open more tabs by clicking the "+" button on the tab navigation area, then I would get a "" on the right and I could scroll left and right and find any of my 4 dozen tabs.
I have a wireless phone that does not support faxing. I am wondering what the best method of faxing a document through the internet would be? Do I need a service? Is it possible to make it a secure document?
I have Microsoft Office Home Edition 2010. I can get as far as having it in the 'pending' but don't know how to proceed from there, or if that is even the best option.
*How to Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC*
*Cortana* (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17214/windows-10-what-is) is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help you get things done.
When you *sign in* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4026-sign-sign-out-cortana-windows-10-a.html) to...
for a while now I have been unable to enable my hyperthreading and start windows 10 .
When Hyperthreading is enabled in BIOS, it loads up to the point where the windows logo appears, then loads a couple seconds more, then reboots... in a loop up to the point where you need to recover, but then it still can't recover until I disable HT.
I can remember in the beginning when I assembled...
Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)
when i push the win button and type to search for an app or anything i get this result.
i have restarted explorer.exe and completed these steps here: Cortana not finding Desktop apps when searching for them - Microsoft Community...
Hello, my friends, I have bought a new laptop with window 10 home single language in Chinese. Now I want to convert language in to english is it possible? because i dont want to delete the original window and what is the procedure thanks.
I was looking into a friends Toshiba laptop because he wants to replace his HDD with SSD . I noticed that he does not have a separate partition for System . Is this common ?
Attachment 208263 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/installation-upgrade/208263-common-not-have-separate-partition-system-capture.jpg)
Also he has a lot of unused partitions in front and after the C drive.
How best to clone copy the C drive to ssd? Tks
In windows 10, Windows app photos will not allow me to change the default to another media viewer like VLC or Windows media player (my preference). It will only let me change to an editing program like Photo elements, or Paint.
I have removed Photo from windows but then it was grabbed by Paint and still would not allow me to change the default.
I have also tried the normal way to change...
Have just setup a completely new PC with Win10 to start using over my old machine with Win7.
Am still using a lot of parts from the old setup though which one thing is my Networked Print Server unit.
On my old Win7 unit and which also included 2 other Win7 PC's, I was somehow able to hide this Print Server from the list of things showing up in the Explorer list under for the...
I'm using the Skype Preview (version 220.127.116.11) and it's pretty good with a lot of new options, including showing your weather to your contacts.
In the old Skype that is set to be discontinued on (I think) November 2, with a short life thereafter, we could enlarge the font to our comfort; however, it cannot be done in the Preview.
I've given feedback on this, explaining that a large...
Hey guys, on this new Install I downloaded a bogus Chrome Browser. During the install I came to the "Finish" button. I then realized that it was a bogus Chrome and chose the Upper Right X-out option. Now I don't know if anything was actually installed? Here is the Link: Google Chrome (http://www.googledownload2018.com/chrome/)
I see what VirusTotal says about it so will download MBAM and...
An Intel audio driver was incorrectly pushed to devices via Windows Update for a short period of time earlier this week. After receiving reports from users that their audio no longer works, we immediately removed it and started investigating. If your audio broke recently, and you're running *Windows 10 version 1803 or above*, please check to see if the incorrect driver was...
I have spent a ridiculous amount of time Googling this now, going from forum to forum and am by this time (understandably, no?) feeling very irritated! :sarc: Why on earth do Microsoft design Windows 10 Home Edition so that dialogue boxes come up telling you to contact the system or computer administrator? I mean, really! Who do they imagine that will be in 99% of cases?
Anyway, the issue...