Articles on this Page
- 10/04/18--13:14: _Update on .NET Core...
- 10/04/18--13:49: _Windows has detecte...
- 10/04/18--14:07: _Newly built PC work...
- 10/04/18--14:37: _BSOD "security chec...
- 10/04/18--14:39: _Updated to 1809 now...
- 10/04/18--14:42: _Office365 Outlook
- 10/04/18--16:18: _How to remove Creat...
- 10/05/18--12:52: _Windows store: Page...
- 10/05/18--13:20: _Laptop wont boot af...
- 10/05/18--14:12: _Shut out of Windows
- 10/05/18--14:12: _Defender Notification
- 10/05/18--14:35: _How to troubleshoot...
- 10/05/18--14:39: _Edge 1809 - Edit "S...
- 10/05/18--14:59: _General Tips Turn O...
- 10/05/18--15:41: _Xbox This Week on X...
- 10/05/18--16:35: _Office Office Insid...
- 10/05/18--16:41: _Microsoft Store err...
- 10/05/18--23:25: _BitLocker encrypted...
- 10/06/18--01:01: _Windows 10 October ...
- 10/06/18--01:05: _Windows 10 and 1809...
- 10/04/18--13:14: Update on .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Framework 4.8
- 10/04/18--14:07: Newly built PC worked last night, now it won't power on
- 10/04/18--14:37: BSOD "security checksum error" : severe after affectsd
- 10/04/18--14:39: Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store
- 10/04/18--14:42: Office365 Outlook
- 10/04/18--16:18: How to remove Create a new video context menu entry
- 10/05/18--12:52: Windows store: Page could not be loaded please try again later
- 10/05/18--13:20: Laptop wont boot after migrating os form HDD to SSD
- 10/05/18--14:12: Shut out of Windows
- 10/05/18--14:12: Defender Notification
- 10/05/18--14:39: Edge 1809 - Edit "Share/Save picture as" context menu
- 10/05/18--14:59: General Tips Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows
- 10/05/18--15:41: Xbox This Week on Xbox: October 5, 2018
- 10/05/18--16:35: Office Office Insider v1810 fast build 10927.20001 - October 5
- 10/05/18--16:41: Microsoft Store error in GAMES
- 10/05/18--23:25: BitLocker encrypted USB Flash drive on another computer?
- 10/06/18--01:01: Windows 10 October 2018 Update PAUSED ROLLOUT
- 10/06/18--01:05: Windows 10 and 1809 update with OLD drivers
In May, *we announced (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2018/05/07/net-core-3-and-support-for-windows-desktop-applications/)* .NET Core 3.0, the next major version of .NET Core that adds support for building desktop applications using WinForms, WPF, and Entity Framework 6. We also announced some exciting updates to .NET Framework which enable you to use the new modern controls...
We are currently running 3 wireless PCs off our small home network. Two are laptops and one is a desktop and all them are using built-in wireless adapters. All have the OS Windows Home 1803.
The desktop and my laptop are having regular IP address conflict message boxes popping up. All 3 PCs have the box checked in the Internet Protocol Version 4 properties that says to Obtain an IP Address...
So, yesterday night my PC was working just fine. But when i got home from school today the PC would not turn on. I tried a lot of things, using my monitor's power cable, plugging the same cable into my monitors, taking out the RAM and putting it back in, booting with one stick of RAM, and unplugging and holding down the power button for 30 seconds and plugging back in, but none of these seemed to...
Dell Optiplex 745 3ghz, 4G ram, 250G hd, 30G free. Windows 10 64 Home ed. Build 17763.1.
BSOD immediately after boot up. Could not reboot; bios would not load.
Replaced bios battery, reseated memory modules.
First after effect: Firefox & Nightly would only run in Safe Mode. DISM found nothing, completed successfully. SFC found and fixed damaged files. Browser problem fixed.
Edge, Cortana & Microsoft Store no longer work.
Everything else works Google Chrome, Emails, Internet Explorer etc etc....
If I turn on my VPN everything works.
Tried sfc/scannow and no errors
Checked Ipv6 is enabled
First apologise if this has been asked before.
I have a small office with a Dell Inspiron 3470 which has a small SSD (128GB) and I have installed Office 365 Personal and moved the usual data folders and OneDrive folder to the D: drive. I am concerned that with the amount of emails that I receive the C: drive would soon be filled up.
Is there a way for the emails to be sent to the D: folder...
I just noticed a new context menu entry in the new W10 Update. It is visible when right-clicking image files.
Attachment 206893 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/206893-how-remove-create-new-video-context-menu-entry-untitled.png)
Is there some easy way to get rid of this? Perhaps some reg files, Brink? :D
Bought Forza horizon 4 for pc on the windows store, It loaded up fine and I ran the benchmark to test the settings and got a lovely solid 60fps, exited out of the game while I ate food and returned 5 minutes later and now I can;'t even access the game as clicking on it on the windows store gives the 'Page could not be loaded please try again later' message and the error code Code: 0x00000194.
I want to upgrade to windows 10 in 2 stages . 1) Migrate Windows 7 OS and Programs from HDD to SSD
2) Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10
After migrating the OS ( Windows 7 ) and Programs from HDD to SSD using Minitool Partition wizard , the computer wont boot after I replaced the HDD. I get a start up screen with "J_ " I checked the boot order and it does boot from internal HDD first...
I was helping my niece with her painfully slow computer and decided that things may run faster, during the diagnosis, in safe mode. Using msconfig I went to the boot tab and chose boot and network. After the restart, it asked for her Windows password and she gave me her 4 digit pin. It wanted the password which she did not remember. Now I can't think of a way to get past this issue and I was...
My Windows Defender keeps notifying me to turn on One Drive for the Ransomware. All the files folders are empty.
Is there a way to disable that notification?
I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:
Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000
referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.
Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried...
So apparently some broken lightbulb over at MS decided to put "Share picture" above "Save picture as" when using the RMB context menu which INSANELY grinds my gears as I now have to actually look where I point my coursor when doing the most used task instead of just nudging it down a little after performing the RMB click.
Like really!? Who in their right mind places the most used task on the...
*How to Turn On or Off Presentation Mode in Windows*
When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode.
While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays awake, system notifications are turned off, and your presentation settings for screen saver, volume, and desktop background are applied. In addition, the presentation settings Attachment 207048...
We know youre busy and might miss out on all the exciting things were talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If youve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. Weve pared down the past weeks news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if youd rather watch than read, you can feast your eyes on our weekly video...
* There are no new features to highlight this week.
Anyone else have this issue and is there a way to resolve it.
Of all the store areas this error is ONLY in the games section. All games refuse to display the game info page I can get the general page that shows all the games in grid format but when I click on a game to pull up the info for the game and potentially download it it pops up with the below error.
Happens for all games both...
I have a dedicated USB flash drive to store all my files and its now encrypted with BitLocker.
What if I insert this USB drive to another computer and edit my documents directly from the USB drive without saving the files onto the other computer? Will data still leak to that other computer even if I open my files directly from the USB stick?
.. Microsoft wrote
. We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating....
Yesterday my Windows 10 proposed (I did not manually press the "Check for Updates...") to update my W10 Pro 1803 for 1809. The Windows update included a bunch of *old driver versions* (e.g. graphics adapter, display, NIC...) - basically all those driver "updates" (e.g. Intel HD4000 driver is a Lenovo forked one on my T431s Thinkpad laptop) were older ones than I have currently...