Articles on this Page
- 09/16/18--17:13: _is a i7-6500U based...
- 09/16/18--19:42: _VOLUME and NETWORK ...
- 09/16/18--22:47: _Error attempting US...
- 09/17/18--01:27: _Dropbox and Windows...
- 09/17/18--01:28: _No Audio output device
- 09/17/18--01:34: _New laptop Hard Han...
- 09/17/18--01:54: _Firefox and Open Of...
- 09/17/18--18:12: _problem encountered...
- 09/17/18--18:24: _Announcing Microsof...
- 09/17/18--18:50: _Various BSODs playi...
- 09/17/18--18:59: _Macrium Reflect Fre...
- 09/17/18--20:19: _Monitor Usable Spac...
- 09/17/18--20:58: _Dell BIOS update "i...
- 09/17/18--21:30: _Windows anti-virus ...
- 09/18/18--00:04: _Windows marks the w...
- 09/18/18--00:26: _How to view old sky...
- 09/18/18--00:38: _How do I preset my ...
- 09/18/18--20:41: _Shortcuts Icons Tur...
- 09/18/18--21:04: _VR/Holo Introducing...
- 09/18/18--21:11: _Extremely Long Page...
- 09/16/18--17:13: is a i7-6500U based laptop worth the cost to upgrade to A 1TB SSD
- 09/16/18--19:42: VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in task bar do nothing when clicked
- 09/16/18--22:47: Error attempting USB install, 0xc0000102
- 09/17/18--01:27: Dropbox and Windows Explorer
- 09/17/18--01:28: No Audio output device
- 09/17/18--01:34: New laptop Hard Hang while gaming
- 09/17/18--01:54: Firefox and Open Office suddenly started crashing
- 09/17/18--18:12: problem encountered during windows 10 upgrade from Windows7
- 09/17/18--18:24: Announcing Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD)
- 09/17/18--18:50: Various BSODs playing Car Mechanic Sim 2018
- 09/17/18--18:59: Macrium Reflect Free for Failed HDD Mirroring
- 09/17/18--20:19: Monitor Usable Space is Too Large for Screen
- 09/17/18--20:58: Dell BIOS update "installing..." ad infinitum
- 09/17/18--21:30: Windows anti-virus saying actions recommended.
- 09/18/18--00:04: Windows marks the wrong text
- 09/18/18--00:26: How to view old skype conversations?
- 09/18/18--00:38: How do I preset my wallpaper for a dual monitor setup?
- 09/18/18--20:41: Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved
- 09/18/18--21:04: VR/Holo Introducing Firefox Reality browser for VR headsets
- 09/18/18--21:11: Extremely Long Page Load Times / Spying Activity
Good Day All
the question is: is a i7-6500U based laptop worth the cost to upgrade to A 1TB SSD and 16GB memory
i'm hoping to get this done for under 400-450 some time in Dec in Singapore
all info greatly appreciated
When I click on the volume and network buttons in the bottom right of the task bar nothing opens up. Sometimes a brief loading circle appears but neither pop up with a menu. I disabled fast boot but that did not fix the problem.
Not sure what else to try, thanks.
Hello, I do hope I can find some help here.
I am attempting to use a live install USB created with Windows Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10 on a brand new computer. We had verified that it was reading the USB ports and there were no funky issues with the new hardware by livebooting with a linux USB, so we went forward to try and install with the MCT USB files. However, I am getting...
For a while, I have had issues with windows explorer renaming files in my dropbox folders. There is a lag when I go to rename files. Many times if I restart explorer, it speeds up to only slow down. I have tried various things I have found on the net (need to look it up again to list).
I am wondering it if is with the overlay icons. I am not using onedrive. However, at this location in...
I have a No Audio Issue started about 2 days ago. In my search of the issue on my Surface I found Remote Capture Remote Render info. I've reinstalled Windows 10 but still no audio and possible remote control over my system
Received the laptop back from service centre, where I asked them to Fix for Event viewer error; Event ID 13, ACPI error and Event ID 37, Speed Of Processor X in Group 0 is being limited by System Firmware. They changed the whole motherboard for me and when i got back those errors are still there...and they told me it's safe to ignore it.
So I tried gaming with it but I noticed everytime it...
Over the last couple of weeks, Open Office and Firefox have both started spontaneously crashing between 5 and 10 times per day. When first troubleshooting the OO problem (which corrupted a file when it crashed), somebody suggested that the problem was due to a Windows 10 update. I have uninstalled the most recent update and turned off automatic updates but the crashing problem persists. Is there...
After downloading updates , I get the screen that says that Mobile Intel 4 Series express chipset not compatible with the computer. Windows 10 will not display correctly .
What should I do next? click confirm to continue? This display is 1600X900.
Please advise .
We have consistently heard from our customersboth large and smallthat they struggle to keep up with the pace of changes in technology. They feel pulled between the requirement to stay secure and up to date against the need to drive more business value. They are challenged to deliver the great user experiences that employees want and expect. And the sophistication of todays...
Attachment 204463 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/bsod-crashes-debugging/204463-various-bsods-playing-car-mechanic-sim-2018-a-desktop-nqckv9j-mon_09_17_2018_184144_67.zip)
Been struggling with BSODs for a long time now, thought I had it fixed, but now a fresh set seems to have cropped up. My drivers are up to date and everything, but when I open up CMS2018, it always blue screens at some point. Was suggested to make a thread here by Colif from TomsHardware, here's the thread for...
I have reactivated a main drive from my failed machine.
I want to mirror the critical files on that drive.
I think I have a handle on the partitions, as I show below.
My question is...is there a need to mirror any other / or all the other partitions besides then the G: volume? It seems that the as machine has died they are now worthless?
DISKPART> list volume
Something happened about a month ago where the usable area of the screen is not all visible. For instance, when a desktop item is updated the icon for it will appear in the upper left corner of the screen...but only the right half will be visible. It appears that the monitor is trying to show an image that is set for a larger monitor. Tried numerous things, including Microsoft help/chat with no...
My (short-fused) friend is having this problem, I'm not with the machine or able to see it, and he's gone to work now so I can't ask any questions. I am tasked with finding answers by the time he gets home, this is my first port of call.
He has been having USB wired mouse problems for weeks/months: most often unresponsive but when it came to life yesterday he took the opportunity to run Dell...
Windows anti-virus saying actions recommended. But I don't know what it's talking about as security at a glance says everything is OK. Attachment 204471 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/204471-windows-anti-virus-saying-actions-recommended-action-taken.jpg)
I have an issue that is really starting to get annoying. I have had it for years, but its getting annoying lately.
Sometimes if i try to mark a word or some text in my browser or somewhere else, windows seems to mark a lot of words and text that im not pointing at with my mouse. It makes it hard to mark the right text sometimes.
Im sorry if i cant explain this issue properly, but its...
I use skype and im trying to look at old conversations i have with a specific user. I want to go back 2 years or so but it seem to only go back 14 months. Is there a way i can view my old conversations all the way back there or even before that? Its an important chat because it involves some financial information i need.
Okay, this may sound confusing but please bear with me.
I have an external monitor plugged into a laptop when I work, but when I travel of course I just take the laptop with me.
Now, I know I am able to do separate wallpapers for each display(Laptop and External) however, is it possible to have the wallpaper set for the laptop, and a different one when it is plugged in without having to...
Hi. For some shortcuts that I have placed on the desktop when I move them to a different folder they shortcut icon turns white. This does not happen for every application where I will move the shortcut but for some.
Example: GPU-Z icon on desktop looks fine. Moved to "Game" folder on desktop now it is a blank white icon. MSI Afterburner icon on desktop look fine. Moved to "Game" folder on...
Earlier this year, we *shared (https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/04/03/mozilla-brings-firefox-augmented-virtual-reality/)* that we are building a completely new browser called Firefox Reality. The mixed reality team at Mozilla set out to build a web browser that has been designed...
I accessed a vendor website.
It took forever to load a page.
I sensed they might be scanning my machine?
That led to me think about software that sorts out the reasons behind slow loads. Distant basic experience with Wireshark came to mind.
Does anyone have any recommendation how to identify / determine spying activity by commercial vendors?