Articles on this Page
- 09/15/18--14:05: _Auto Open Next Item...
- 09/15/18--14:24: _Macrium Reflect hom...
- 09/15/18--14:30: _Trusteer Rapport ad...
- 09/15/18--14:38: _MBR error 2
- 09/15/18--15:32: _Delay to see files ...
- 09/15/18--15:55: _TVGuide.com Videos ...
- 09/15/18--16:30: _PDF Editors powerfu...
- 09/15/18--16:30: _disk structure damaged
- 09/15/18--16:53: _Macrium Reflect Que...
- 09/15/18--17:01: _NVIDIA GeForce RTX ...
- 09/15/18--17:58: _MSI laptop - reboot...
- 09/16/18--11:26: _Insider New Windows...
- 09/16/18--11:48: _Solved Can't Type I...
- 09/16/18--13:27: _Windows 10 Won't Bo...
- 09/16/18--14:20: _Turning off Fast st...
- 09/16/18--14:30: _Cursor Doesn't Land...
- 09/16/18--14:41: _User Accounts Enabl...
- 09/16/18--15:10: _Windows 10 Pro rest...
- 09/16/18--16:00: _Start-Up Screen
- 09/16/18--16:37: _Reusing vhdx (nativ...
- 09/15/18--14:05: Auto Open Next Item in Portrait Mode
- 09/15/18--14:24: Macrium Reflect home version question
- 09/15/18--14:30: Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use
- 09/15/18--14:38: MBR error 2
- 09/15/18--15:55: TVGuide.com Videos driving me Crazy...
- 09/15/18--16:30: PDF Editors powerful and cheap
- 09/15/18--16:30: disk structure damaged
- 09/15/18--16:53: Macrium Reflect Question
- 09/15/18--17:01: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti availability postponed to September 27th
- 09/15/18--17:58: MSI laptop - reboot & now unmountable disk - acpi issue?
- 09/16/18--11:48: Solved Can't Type In Search Bar and Windows 10 Built-in Apps.
- 09/16/18--13:27: Windows 10 Won't Boot UP: Just Loads A Black Grub Screen with a >
- 09/16/18--14:20: Turning off Fast start.
- 09/16/18--14:30: Cursor Doesn't Land Where I Double Click In A Cell
- 09/16/18--15:10: Windows 10 Pro restore points after windows updates
- 09/16/18--16:00: Start-Up Screen
- 09/16/18--16:37: Reusing vhdx (native boot) in Hyper-V
I have an 8" Windows tablet made by Dell. A while ago, Microsoft added the ability to open the next email item after deleting an email. Now it no longer works in portrait mode. Also, there is no delete button at the top, only archive. I have to click on the three dots to see the delete button so I need three clicks to delete an email and move to the next item unlike the one click on every...
This might be a silly question sorry if so but, each time I save an Image backup to my second SSD do I need to create a new Rescue Disc too? or does it really matter as long as I haven't changed any hardware components if I use the same rescue disc to boot from each time? Thanks for all replies! :-)
Is Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use
I poweron my computer this afternoon and for first time i see
mbr error 2
for just a moment and after the system start normally.
I have windows 10 64bit
I read a lot regarding this but I'm afraid of making mistakes to fix the problem
Thank for your suggestions
My browser is set to download files to an HDD (not my system disk SSD). Sometimes after downloading them, I like to go and access them in the file browser. I'm often confronted with the image below and I was hoping someone could tell me why? I think, in order to download to this drive, the HDD should already be spinning. Why do I have to wait (like >10 seconds) to see my files?
I use Chrome v69 as my default browser.I use tvguide.com for my TV Listings. Every time I refresh the page, there is this obtrusive video that plays at full volume that I want to get rid of. I have 3 AD Blockers as Chrome Extensions that do remove the ads, but not that video. I stay up late at night and don't want to wake up anyone else in my house when this video loads.Is there any way to get...
I'm looking for a PDF editor fully compatible with Windows 10, such as Foxit but not so expensive. The Standard license is US$ 129 :shock: The software is good but I think It's not worth it.
This is not really a Windows problem, but I'm posting this in case somebody
can recommend a way to proceed. The system is legacy bios/mbr
I experienced a "glitch", the computer froze with a strange diagonal pattern on the screen.
Trying to reboot gave a black screen, no post. After using "clear cmos" jumper and battery removal
I was eventually able to access the bios setup, save it and...
Ok Way i do thing is SSD is OS and 1 game that i put on there, and a few small programs, Storage drive has Music, pictures, documents, other games i don't want on the SSD, If i do an image after Redstone 5 clean install do i just image the SSD? or wait til i get stuff installed on both drives, and then Image both?
Wanted to give you an update on the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti availability.
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti general availability has shifted to September 27th, a one week delay. We expect pre-orders to arrive between September 20th and September 27th.
There is no change to GeForce RTX 2080 general availability, which is September 20th.
Hello, I woke up this morning to my laptop boot-looping to the MSI screen and then going to a Windows message that says, "Unmountable Disk".
Everything I've found online, like booting from the Win10 disk failed by freezing every time. No matter what I've tried, I can't get past initial load - just sits at the black screen forever.
I've had some success to confirm some things. I booted to...
We have released a new flight with the build number 17758 for insiders. If you discover any new issue, please report it using the feedback app.
*New this build:*
* General bug fixes
I've been having this issue for quite a while, even before the last major update.
Seems like I can't find a way to correct it.
If I bring up the search bar, by right-clicking on the Windows Logo Icon within the taskbar.
Then select search.
I'm unable to type anything into the search box.
Attachment 204278 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/204278-cant-type-search-bar-windows-10-built-apps-screenshot-66-.png)
My Windows 10 won't boot up anymore. When I try to boot up, I just get a black screen with:
displayed on it.
Above that, it says:
Ever since my laptop upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home (now Build 17134_release 180410-18040, on waking up there is a lag before before the logon screen appears. The hdd is a 200GB ssd. I have the latest graphic driver. There have been suggestions that turning off faststart might help but I cannot find where to do that on my system. It is not where the articles say it should be. (see...
Just upgraded from Excel 2000 (gasp) to the current desktop version. When I click into a cell with existing text, the cursor shows up 2 characters to the left of where I'm pointing. Drives me nuts. Where is the setting that turns off whatever that "feature" is?
*How to Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10*
Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your *face* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/26492-set-up-face-windows-hello-windows-10-a.html), iris, or *fingerprint* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9097-add-remove-fingerprint-account-windows-10-a.html).
In windows 7, restore points were automatically created when I installed programs or windows updates occurred. On 9/13/18, the following my computer received the following update - September 11, 2018KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). There is no corresponding Restore date for this update when I check my restore points. The only restore point is one I created on 9/4/18. I also downloaded a program...
When ever I press the On button and my laptop starts-up I keep getting a multi-changing screen that has "notations" on it, I have been unsuccessfully trying to figure out how to change the screen so that just one pic, or windows start-up screen shows. This is the screen on which the log-in appears.
I created a .vhdx in disk management, initialised, new volume and formatted.
Deployed Win 10 Insider 17754 to it using dism /apply-image etc. Updated the bcd store on main OS, booted to .vhdx natively no issues.
Now since MSoft doesn't allow the upgrade to newer builds for vhd's I wanted to attach the .vhdx to a virtual machine in Hyper-V (on my main install obviously) and then...