Articles on this Page
- 09/02/18--10:31: _Gaining permission ...
- 09/02/18--10:52: _File Explorer windo...
- 09/02/18--11:37: _What is 'Search' in...
- 09/02/18--11:58: _internet is on bu m...
- 09/02/18--12:05: _Corrupted Recyle Bin
- 09/03/18--09:46: _Upgrade from Window...
- 09/03/18--09:47: _How completely swit...
- 09/03/18--10:40: _No access on HDD's ...
- 09/03/18--10:40: _Debugger restarting...
- 09/03/18--10:47: _COM standard marsha...
- 09/03/18--11:37: _Windows.old on my SSD
- 09/03/18--11:52: _Windows 10 Explorer...
- 09/03/18--12:08: _Solved Completely m...
- 09/03/18--12:35: _Customization Chang...
- 09/03/18--12:44: _MEMORY LEAK after c...
- 09/04/18--09:52: _Solved Edge Advance...
- 09/04/18--09:56: _Sudden Massive Boot...
- 09/04/18--10:26: _intergation data pa...
- 09/04/18--11:53: _Office Outlook on t...
- 09/04/18--12:09: _Office Outlook for ...
- 09/02/18--10:31: Gaining permission to an old hard drive files
- 09/02/18--10:52: File Explorer window stuck in the background
- 09/02/18--11:37: What is 'Search' in settings supposed to do ?
- 09/02/18--11:58: internet is on bu most of sites are not working
- 09/02/18--12:05: Corrupted Recyle Bin
- 09/03/18--09:46: Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro
- 09/03/18--09:47: How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro
- 09/03/18--10:40: No access on HDD's and USB flash drives
- 09/03/18--10:40: Debugger restarting my computer in off hours
- 09/03/18--10:47: COM standard marshaler was unable to fix a mismatch
- 09/03/18--11:37: Windows.old on my SSD
- 09/03/18--11:52: Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers
- 09/03/18--12:08: Solved Completely missing the S/PDIF connection in Sound/Playback
- 09/03/18--12:44: MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?
- 09/04/18--09:52: Solved Edge Advanced Settings
- 09/04/18--09:56: Sudden Massive Boot time increase from 15-20 secs to over 5 minutes
- 09/04/18--10:26: intergation data partition in HDD into ssd
- 09/04/18--12:09: Office Outlook for Windows new user experience updates
I have an old hard drive with which I decided to copy it's data to a new HDD, I had a OS installed on it (probably windows xp) when I decided not to use it.
Now that I decide to copy its data from C drive, It says you don't have access and you need to fix the premission through Security tab. It is annoying to do this for every file.
So I decided to do this for the Whole C drive, and...
Hello. I have 4 file explorer windows open, plus a couple of apps like Chrome, Outlook, LibreOffice. I click on 1 of file explorer windows in the taskbar that happens to be in the background in order to bring the window forward, but it will not come forward. It stays in the background. I can click on the other 3 file explorer windows and they come forward just fine.
If I minimize my open...
'cos it sure don't search ...
Attachment 201977 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/general-support/201977-what-search-settings-supposed-do-dumb.jpg)
This is really weird. Occasionally, I get timeout from most of the sites. Doesn't matter if they are local (in my country) or not.
A good example from today. You tube works, gamespot doesn't, local news doesn't. Very weird.
I have disabled and re-enabled the adaptor, did an ipconfig / renew, did a tracert to the problematic sites and it seems to work fine. I truely have no explanation and I...
I downloaded Malwarebytes and after I ran it, my recycle bin became corrupted. Instead of just restoring everything, as I should have, when a prompt came to empty it, I clicked yes, because I "knew" there was nothing in there that I wanted to save. However, I keep getting a prompt about a file named policy.js.data, which it won't allow me to delete. I found an old thread, which told how to...
We have bought a pc with windows 10 SL , can we upgrade that to windows 10 pro. If possible what would be the price in india
I would like to completely switch off updates for windows 10 how do i do that.
Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem.
I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and flash drives.
The only hard drive that i normally access is C.
If i change the letter of the disc, i will have access,...
I apologize in advance for what may be a redundant thread. My computer just started exhibiting a weird behavior wherein Windows restarts without incident during the hours in which I am not using it. I am mostly bothered by this because it didn't use to do this.
Here is a cut and paste of the error message from event viewer and the most recent minidump as translated by Winbgchk...
Please anyone have a solution for this.
Log Name: Application
Date: 03/09/2018 17:27:40
Event ID: 10035
Task Category: None
I have a question about the folder of Windows.old on my Solid State Drive where Windows program are. Can I move this folder to flash drive or backup to another drive. The date of Windows.old is on August 31, 2018. The reason why I want to move is so I can have more room on my SSD.
For the past two days, I've noticed that sometimes I use one of the Windows 10's built in "apps" (I refuse to call them "apps" on a PC), Windows Explorer is starting to behave weird. If I press the start button (or press the Windows key) to get the Start Menu, I am presented with a white frame around "Most used" on top and as soon as I start to search for a program, the list scrolls up to the top...
I am trying to connect a S/PDIF device to my computer for the first time today and upon inspection of my audio section, I don't seem to even have a S/PDIF connection at all visible there.
My motherboard is a Asus Strix Z270F and it uses realtek audio drivers. I have installed the latest BIOs and Realtek drivers and there has been no change.
View disabed and disconnected devices is enabled...
*How to Change Send to Desktop (create shortcut) Icon in Windows*
The *Send to* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/69464-send-context-menu-add-remove-windows-10-a.html) context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to *Bluetooth device*, *Compressed (zipped) folder*, *Desktop (create shortcut)*, *Documents*, *Fax recipient*, *Mail...
I know what I'm going to suggest isn't an obvious thing around here. So I have to first explain my perspective on RAM before I can even talk about a 'memory leak' or what might be called 'RAM hogging'.
In Windows 10 I know of two places I can check RAM usage. Task Manager and Resource Monitor. If I do a fresh boot and open Firefox with a handful of tabs, I get this from Task Manager --
I have a quick question about the "Open sites in apps" setting:
Attachment 202354 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/browsers-email/202354-edge-advanced-settings-open-websites-apps.jpg)
Currently, mine is switched off; but I don't understand what changes when I turn it on.
I thought "open sites in apps" only applied to IOS devices because of limited browser support on phones.
I have been facing a weird problem for the last few days- my computer which would normally boot in about 30 secs max, now suddenly takes about 4-5 minutes to boot. I have tried checking for malware or viruses, ran chkdsk and also tried the steps from :
Sudden slow boot time on Windows Loading screen with SSD...
After migrating the system and OS +programs from HDD to SSD, I am left with the choice of either keeping the Data Files (
Starting next week, if you are a Targeted Release customer who wants to try the early version of the new Outlook on the web, simply click on the Try the new Outlook toggle on the top right corner of your inbox. When you click the toggle, youll see all new Outlook on the web modules for Mail, Calendar, and People. Opt-in and out as often as you want.
The most prominent update coming to Outlook for Windows is the new Simplified Ribbon and its showcased with the new Coming Soon feature pane. Over the last two years weve been talking, concepting and co-creating with customers and are now ready to introduce an exciting number of updates that simplify the user experience, while keeping with the familiarity of Outlook. These updates...