Articles on this Page
- 08/16/18--22:34: _Windows Update-Some...
- 08/16/18--23:38: _Google Docs to repl...
- 08/16/18--23:44: _Internal HDD not sh...
- 08/16/18--23:55: _Build 12814 - in UK...
- 08/17/18--14:48: _Xbox This Week on X...
- 08/17/18--15:03: _BSOD - Windows 10 -...
- 08/17/18--15:58: _Office Office Insid...
- 08/17/18--17:14: _Stop these screens ...
- 08/17/18--23:54: _Computer starts, wi...
- 08/18/18--00:12: _Is it possible to r...
- 08/18/18--00:18: _Last Thuesday's Win...
- 08/18/18--00:35: _Blue Screen System ...
- 08/18/18--00:47: _Screen Flicker on Boot
- 08/18/18--00:52: _How do I rename mix...
- 08/18/18--18:58: _Having problems wit...
- 08/18/18--19:17: _Trojan Win32 Bitrep.A
- 08/18/18--19:37: _Mpsigstub - What is...
- 08/18/18--20:44: _Turn Computer Off O...
- 08/18/18--21:19: _Weird problem after...
- 08/18/18--21:33: _CMD window closing ...
- 08/16/18--22:34: Windows Update-Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization
- 08/16/18--23:38: Google Docs to replace Microsoft office.
- 08/16/18--23:55: Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares.
- 08/17/18--14:48: Xbox This Week on Xbox: August 17, 2018
- 08/17/18--15:03: BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive
- 08/17/18--15:58: Office Office Insider v1809 fast build 10813.20004 - August 17
- 08/17/18--17:14: Stop these screens from appearing
- 08/17/18--23:54: Computer starts, without video.
- 08/18/18--00:12: Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder
- 08/18/18--00:18: Last Thuesday's Win10 Update stops MS Wireless Display from working
- 08/18/18--00:35: Blue Screen System Service Exception what failed Netio.SYS
- 08/18/18--00:47: Screen Flicker on Boot
- 08/18/18--00:52: How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence
- 08/18/18--18:58: Having problems with the dism command
- 08/18/18--19:17: Trojan Win32 Bitrep.A
- 08/18/18--19:37: Mpsigstub - What is it?
- 08/18/18--20:44: Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On
- 08/18/18--21:19: Weird problem after uninstalling Netflix from laptop
- 08/18/18--21:33: CMD window closing as soon as opened
Hello. Okay I am sure this has been discussed but the fixes I see from a search concern gpedit command which no longer works. Does anyone know the solution to this issue as I am a home user. Have network on private. In system properties under computer name it says "Workgroup: WORKGROUP" and although it says you can change the workgroup name I am unable to.
Good day to all.
Had an issue with my laptop and had to have. a new ssd fitted all okay now. But during the repair I lost my Microsoft office 2010 and can't find the licence info.
Would it be possible to use Google Documents in place of Microsoft office ?. If yes how would I open the word documents that I have all backed up since the new drive fitted.
Would it be a feasible solution or do I...
Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer.
Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now marked as 'Unallocated'
Shows up on BIOS boot fine so it's connected and can be seen. Also doesn't show up normally in Safe...
This whole networking thing just gets me hosed up every time
Currently in UK for small piece of work . While there I am getting weird network results on my own private (not used for work) laptop depending on the wifi service being used and ISP provider.
private laptop with 3VMs on it running W10 X-64 Pro skippy build 18214.
Virgin Media (London) standard broadband (cable but...
We know youre busy and might miss out on all the exciting things were talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If youve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. Weve pared down the past weeks news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if youd rather watch than read, you can feast your eyes on our weekly video...
I would really appreciate it if someone could help asap. All was working fine earlier today, but after leaving my pc in sleep mode to go make a cup of tea, I came back and it wouldn't wake up. So I forced it to reboot. Since then it, it gives a BSOD error as soon as windows is supposed to boot up. So far I've swapped the older Samsung 840 ssd to a brand new Crucial 500gb,...
This article contains release notes for Insider builds of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Project for Windows desktop. Every week, well highlight interesting new features, important fixes, and any significant issues we want you to know about. Note that we often roll out features (and sometimes even fixes) to Insiders over a period of time. This allows us to ensure that...
The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?:-)
The cabinet starts, the strangest thing is that there is no screen, no image:
Try these sequence
> clean fan> cooler> verify that the hard drive boots> replaced memories> replaced cmos battery> clean all peripherals > change vga cable> with another monitor> source replaced > clean processor> change jumpers position> panel cables placed on the correct place.
Is there something else he has not...
I never use the Windows libraries because they don't fit my scheme of data storage. Is it possible to delete/remove the "Libraries" folder in itself? I know that individual folders like "Documents" "Pictures" etc. can be deleted, but in my experience Microsoft has a habit restoring unneeded and unwanted objects. Also aware that the "Library" can be hidden, but for reasons mentioned previously, it...
I used last Saturday my MS Wireless Display Adaptor watching a movie on my TV stored on my PC.
On Wednesday morning my PC automatically updated with KB 4343909, and since then Miracast/MS Wireless Display Adapter no longer worked, even though I have seen the following on my PC: the device is working properly, your adaptor is connected, connection failed, something went wrong, couldn't...
Boot up my Dell XPS 8900 this morning was working normally but few seconds later I got this blue screen with system service exception what failed netio.sys just like in the attachment in the photo how do I resolved this issue I also attaching for info about dm log collector I hope you can help me out with this problem
which recently starting occurring this morning
Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios post routine. :-) If so, how? Thank you.
After updating to 398.82 when my pc boots the brand name comes...
I have several folders of mixed photos and videos. Currently theyre manually sorted as I want them, in the order of their creation regardless of filetype (IMG or MOV). If I sort them temporarily on another column (e.g. Comments or Tags) then I have no way of returning to the current sort because IMG and MOV files dont share a common creation date metadata field, and some files have no date...
I'm getting an error when trying to use this command. It happened when it was around 85% complete. It said the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (error 1058)
So I tried to search for the dism service in task manager and couldn't find it in there. Any help would be really appreciated.
WD blocked and quarantined subject trojan. I removed and ran WD, TDSSkiller, and Norton Power Eraser (NPE)
Should be safe ? The full scans cover all partitions, correct ?
On this system I am running the latest Skip Build and yesterday added the latest Insider Build on the same drive.(separate partition). I was on the Skip Build when the trojan was blocked. Only other recent...
I have a folder under root C which is named a random selection of letters & numbers. In that folder is a file called Mpsigstub.exe? Looks like it appeared back in 2015.
I right clicked properties and there's no name saying who its from?
What is it?
Should I delete it?
I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound which I guess is perfectly normal, but I hate hearing it. It reminds me that the disk drive is a mechanical device...
So... I had this really weird problem on my laptop. A few days ago, I decided to uninstall the Netflix app from my laptop in order to cut down on screen time. However, after I did this, all the audio on my computer took on an awful quality. There were blips and popping noises, harsh sounds, buzzing in the background of every clip, and occasionally a robotic quality to people's voices.
This just started about two weeks ago. As soon as use the CMD command the window closes right away.
Doing some research, I think possibly it occurred after my computer got infected with a miner. My antivirus killed it right away and dozens of full scans indicate I am virus free.
However, researching it it looks like I am dealing with aftermath.
I am part of the insider program and have two...