Articles on this Page
- 08/10/18--04:43: _Set "Open" and "Sav...
- 08/10/18--05:17: _Be in your own psyc...
- 08/10/18--05:46: _Transferring Images...
- 08/10/18--05:58: _Windows slow - general
- 08/11/18--00:53: _Left click mouse
- 08/11/18--01:12: _Windows Update Defa...
- 08/11/18--01:29: _help for vulnerable...
- 08/11/18--02:48: _Suspicious or Not?
- 08/11/18--03:34: _Can't share local d...
- 08/11/18--03:55: _Stop Web History
- 08/11/18--04:51: _Can't install windo...
- 08/11/18--06:31: _Motherboard ?
- 08/11/18--06:52: _Solved Please delet...
- 08/11/18--07:10: _Windows loading/res...
- 08/11/18--18:56: _Windows apps don't ...
- 08/11/18--19:06: _Corrupted registry....
- 08/11/18--19:23: _WIN10_Very complica...
- 08/11/18--23:10: _help required to de...
- 08/12/18--01:28: _network tab only sh...
- 08/12/18--02:56: _Laptop Edge "Startu...
- 08/10/18--05:17: Be in your own psychedelic movie with VLC
- 08/10/18--05:46: Transferring Images from an I-pad to Windows 10 PC
- 08/10/18--05:58: Windows slow - general
- 08/11/18--00:53: Left click mouse
- 08/11/18--01:12: Windows Update Default Settings Question?.
- 08/11/18--01:29: help for vulnerable person falling for Microsoft tech scam
- 08/11/18--02:48: Suspicious or Not?
- 08/11/18--03:34: Can't share local drive on Win10 with authentication method
- 08/11/18--03:55: Stop Web History
- 08/11/18--04:51: Can't install windows from a USB
- 08/11/18--06:31: Motherboard ?
- 08/11/18--06:52: Solved Please delete this message
- 08/11/18--07:10: Windows loading/restart issues
- 08/11/18--18:56: Windows apps don't work can I disable them?
- 08/11/18--19:06: Corrupted registry....
- 08/11/18--19:23: WIN10_Very complicated user account situation
- 08/11/18--23:10: help required to delete the extra recovery partition
- 08/12/18--01:28: network tab only shows media devices and net work Infrastructure
- 08/12/18--02:56: Laptop Edge "Startup" screen
Is it possible to change "*Open*" and "*Save As*" windows view to "*List*" instead of "*Details*" globally without having to set List view in File Explorer? I would like to use Details view in File Explorer and List view for "Open" and "Save As" windows.
Can this be done via the Registry?
Here's a fun time waster - all you need is VLC and a webcam (I have a USB Logitech C920).
media > open capture device > video device > select your webcam
advanced options > set aspect 16:9 (or whatever), fps 30 (ditto) > ok
show more options > cache = 0 (prevents lag)
should now see yourself in VLC
Hi, I have always used the same method of transferring images from my I-Pad / I-Phone to my windows 10 PC. After connecting the Apple device, i right click on I-Pad Icon on "this PC" and select import pictures and videos. Works perfectly most of the time, but now i have identified dome images which are not been selected for transfer.
I remember before I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows...
I'm experiencing some weird issues recently and I think it may be because I have deferred and delayed the feature update from 'restarting' to update from 1709 to 1803.
General use is not as snappy as it once was. Using Home version with SSD.
If I double click This PC, it can take 2 - 3 seconds to fully show drives and folders.
Opening a text file can also result in the same 2 - 3...
Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help.
Using win10 om acer aspire laptop.
I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath.
Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing happens
Its set for single click
If i click again then another file/folder/picture opens at random.
Been having some internet speed problems since the latest update for Win 10 Home Edition and changed some settings trying to solve it. In the screen mentioned below Iset them all to off without writing down the default settings. Wondered if someone could kindly give me the default settings for the Upload/Download Settings in
Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced Options>Delivery...
Hope you can help as I have a few questions, first what happened. My son 1 year ago, my son fell for the scam of " M/S infected pc" and he rang a number, they offered to help for £20 so he gave bank details and was scammed for £499 and a second time for £199 later in year, which I managed to claw back.
At the time, I did a reformat and got him back to normal, but 2 weeks ago, this...
Received the following from email@example.com:-
"We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to...
I will try to explain my issue to the best.
How do I share files or folders or the contents of entire local drive to other people on network with authentication (Without file sharing wizard in folder options) like we used to do in Windows XP? When following the same procedure, it says 'Access Denied' while connecting from other network computers. I have enabled SMBv1 for...
I recently reset my computer and ever since I am polluted with my browser history. I have been to settings and ticked the "Delete History on Closing" box but all to no avail. Will someone please tell me how to stop Google storing and displaying my last search as shown in the attachment?
Went into advance system start up, formatted windows from cmd. I try to boot from the USB to install windows, however it then says automatic system repairing, diagnosing pc and takes me to the system start up. Usb was formatted on FAT32 and I used Rufus to set make it bootable. I have tried it with uefi on and off. Please help asap 😭
Am thinking of replacing the ASRock mobo in one of my machines, nothing wrong with it, just a "learning experience".
Have always used ASRock or ASUS mobos and would like to try something new.
Thinking of this Gigabyte unit, I like the 3 M.2 slots.
*GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 *
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel...
I made a mistake starting this new thread. Sorry.
I have a custom PC and recently it's been having a lot of issues with starting up very slow (I'm running a SSD for OS). It also no longer recognizes my other 2 hard drives I have in it, and any maintenance programs it runs will run either part way or fail to run at all. Many of those same programs will not run again if I close out of them. If I power it down or restart it through Windows, it...
None of my windows apps will open. I have posted about this several times before with no help. So now I learned to live without most of those programs. Since Defender doesn't open either, can I disabled it? What about Edge, can that be disabled?
I have a corrupted registry, the entry for my DVD unit. If I go to the Device Manager it tells me:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
I have tried everything. Booting from recovery disks tell me that they cannot fix the issue and it makes no changes. I have tried CCleaner which I think is...
This is my first post here.
I tried to search for a related issue but considered I can't even explain it thoroughly, I had a hard time finding what I'm looking for. Hope someone here can shed some light on this intricate situation.
I have a desktop PC (Alienware) with Win 10 pre-installed.
At my first login I created my user, let's call this user *IronMan*.
After a few days,...
I had purchased an HP laptop that came with windows 8. This was upgraded online to v 8.1 and then to windows 10 and subsequently to the feature updates of Windows 10.
When checking (yesterday) with disk management I found there were *three * recovery partitions apart from the three disk storage partitions that i work with and one more for the UEFI tools.
I have deleted the HP OEM...
The network tab only shows media devices and net work Infrastructure, omits computer.
I have laptop and desktop both have latest win10 updates and only one shows computer under network tab.
I'm trying to share files between them through wifi network but the laptop doesn't show itself (computer) in
What can I do to fix this?
I have windows 10 installed on many PC's and when I do a cold boot I do not get the Microsoft Edge startup screen showing me all the anti-Trump news articles! However, when I installed W10 on a Toshiba Laptop I get the News "Splash Screen" from Microsoft Edge almost ever time I turn it on.
The only solution I have found so far is to rename the MicrosoftEdge... folder in the Windows>SystemAPPs...