Articles on this Page
- 08/08/18--10:10: _Insider New Windows...
- 08/08/18--10:14: _Network Activity by...
- 08/08/18--10:21: _Insider Inspired by...
- 08/08/18--10:38: _Recovered data disa...
- 08/09/18--00:49: _Fresh install "IRQL...
- 08/09/18--01:07: _Lost folders
- 08/09/18--01:18: _Windows 10 Tablet M...
- 08/09/18--02:03: _Solved Sysprep Rebo...
- 08/09/18--02:29: _Problem about Unins...
- 08/09/18--02:39: _New LibreOffice 6.1...
- 08/09/18--03:38: _Elongated file name...
- 08/09/18--05:01: _Restarting system t...
- 08/09/18--05:03: _Safe to close lapto...
- 08/09/18--05:04: _Broadband not worki...
- 08/10/18--02:59: _Solved Office 2016 ...
- 08/10/18--03:39: _Windows Update Clea...
- 08/10/18--03:39: _Stop user from unin...
- 08/10/18--03:47: _How to update windo...
- 08/10/18--04:13: _Disable Delivery Op...
- 08/10/18--04:21: _How to skip "Window...
- 08/08/18--10:10: Insider New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17733 - August 8
- 08/08/18--10:14: Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off
- 08/08/18--10:38: Recovered data disappears after copying to new Win10 installation
- 08/09/18--00:49: Fresh install "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" BSOD at random
- 08/09/18--01:07: Lost folders
- 08/09/18--01:18: Windows 10 Tablet Mode Delete Switching Options
- 08/09/18--02:03: Solved Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE
- 08/09/18--02:29: Problem about Uninstall windows app
- 08/09/18--02:39: New LibreOffice 6.1 released
- 08/09/18--03:38: Elongated file names after file search
- 08/09/18--05:01: Restarting system taking extremely long time
- 08/09/18--05:03: Safe to close laptop during restart?
- 08/09/18--05:04: Broadband not working despite all lights active
- 08/10/18--02:59: Solved Office 2016 install on machine with several windows users
- 08/10/18--03:39: Windows Update Cleanup taking ages
- 08/10/18--03:39: Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions
- 08/10/18--03:47: How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?
- 08/10/18--04:13: Disable Delivery Optimization
Hello Windows Insiders!
Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17733 (RS5) to *Windows Insiders* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/12316-start-stop-receiving-insider-preview-builds-windows-10-a.html) in the *Fast ring* (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/50865-change-windows-10-insider-program-ring-level.html).
*Whats new in Build 17733*
*Dark Theme in...
Noticed this today on my laptop currently running Windows 10 Home x64 v1803 build 17134.191.
Attachment 198573 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/windows-updates-activation/198573-network-activity-delivery-optimization-despite-being-turned-off-01-delivery-optimization-anomaly.jpg)
This happened when I ran the Settings app and clicked on 'Update & Security' whilst the system was still settling down immediately after Windows startup. I noticed that it was already checking for updates without me...
Were excited to announce that Dark Theme support for File Explorer is ready for the next major release of Windows.
With *Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17733*...
I've been a self employed I.T. engineer for 15 years. I have a routine when reinstalling windows for a client. I remove the hard drive, make a backup, replace, format & install windows. Then I remove the hard drive, connect it to the server with the backup and restore the files and folders to a folder on the drive for the client to sort out, or for me to restore to the user profile folders. ...
Hey Guy's so I have recently upgraded to an M.2 so I did a fresh Install of windows onto it. Before I had the M.2 I used to get the same BSOD but it always used to say Netio.sys which I narrowed down to Malwarebytes which seemed to work but now I don't have malware installed have barely anything installed and have the same BSOD any help would be greatly appreciated.
in my email section on the left side there are folders that i have created along with folders such as archives ,
probably about 12 folders with saved emails in them ,photos /receipts. and so on. at least there where.
now they have all vanished.( i mean the contents) and i find that when i save something to any folder
it vanishes soon after, how long it stays in i don't know.this has...
is it possible to delete switching options at the tablet mode:
there we have three options:
- always ask
- dont ask and switch
- dont ask and dont switch
i want always ask and no other option to be shown ?
is this possible ?
IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep,
At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive)
then boot into windows and on the first screen comes with language, i press ctrl+shift+F3 into audit mode.
I install one program VLC Players to test, I then go into...
i already Uninstall Windows app but its still appear on Start Menu. How can i delete it ?
Attachment 198647 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/software-apps/198647-problem-about-uninstall-windows-app-screenshot_8.png)
No Netflix on Uninstall list
Attachment 198648 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/software-apps/198648-problem-about-uninstall-windows-app-screenshot_15.png)
New Libreoffice fresh release 6.1
*Download:* Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People (https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/)
*Full release notes:* LibreOffice 6.1: Release Notes - The Document Foundation Wiki (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.1)
I get odd looking results after I do a file search with list view or small icons. All fine when explorer normally displays in windows 10 but it looks like the file name is padded out with some extraneous characters which are invisible. Any thoughts or is this normal?
Could someone try this please a say if they get the same results.
I purchased an all in one Desktop which is running windows 10 home. Because this was a display model, the salesperson told me I'd have to restart the system in order to delete all the stuff which had been installed while on display, various apps and software. So I started the restarting system pressing shift and the windows key to enter boot mode. But the restarting process is...
This is an embarrassing question, that I'd think I could google a definitive answer for, but I can't:
Is it safe to close a laptop (in my case, an HP Probook 450 G5) while it's restarting?
It's been more than 15 years since I used a laptop extensively, but I got one that I keep at my office and use for my primary computer there.
I like to restart at the end of the day,...
Hi, Broadband is not working despite all modem lights active, I don't know if pays are due, I tried to load my broadband's expiry redirection page, it won't load neither. Windows troubleshooter says DNS not responding,windows can't communicate with the device or resource. WAN IP, gateway is 10.0.0.1, 10.0.x.x instead of ISP. If I try to ping DNS from Cmd I get request timed out. I tried setting...
I currently have Office 2010 installed on a machine that has 3 users configured. One license, one product key, no problem.
Now I am looking to upgrade to Office 2016 (I don't like the subscription model of Office 365). I have found a lot of confusing information in various forums on the activation of Office 2016. From what I have read, it seems that the one product key per machine (for...
I clicked the button to include Windows Update Cleanup to recover a few Gb of HD space. It's been going for about 4hrs so far with seemingly little signs of progress.
Could I cancel and forget about it or let the Cleanup run its course?
As the title suggest i want to know how do i stop someone from uninstalling chrome extensions on a personal computer.
If someone wants to use my pc to browse internet, he also gains access to websites where i am already logged in like gmail facebook etc. At first i wanted to password protect a web url. by protecting the web url with password he wont be able to visit the site. And i...
Hello, creating a golden image with loads of applications and doing updates, was able to do up to doing the 1803 update which does not allow me to, using windows 10 education, in audit mode.
heard of doing an offline update, not sure where to find this info, many thanks
Is there a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization?
HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop PC: Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
In Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization: Allow downloads from other PCs is turned Off.
With random frequency, my computer installs a folder called Delivery Optimization that contains a sub-folder called...
Trying to make opening unknown file types a little bit less painful.
Image: https://s22.postimg.cc/k7hkub5sd/windowscantopen.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/k7hkub5sd/)
Is it possible to skip the "*Windows can't open this type of file*" dialog and go straight to the "*Open with*" dialog (that you get after you click on "*Try an app on this PC*" and then click on "*Look for another app on...