Articles on this Page
- 08/05/18--09:59: _Insider Weekly Wind...
- 08/05/18--10:41: _Dark Theme doesn't ...
- 08/05/18--10:58: _Sorting out File Hi...
- 08/05/18--11:12: _Disable Web Search ...
- 08/05/18--21:23: _Does anyone hav a s...
- 08/05/18--22:53: _Beep and double key...
- 08/05/18--23:08: _Windows 10 Installe...
- 08/05/18--23:47: _Solved Fail (tried ...
- 08/06/18--00:55: _17113 build ISO
- 08/06/18--00:58: _W-10: Upgrade CPU -...
- 08/06/18--01:57: _Skype Question: How...
- 08/06/18--03:16: _Latest build Networ...
- 08/06/18--05:58: _Windows 10 inconsis...
- 08/06/18--06:16: _bookmarks & fonts c...
- 08/06/18--06:42: _Asus touchpad speed...
- 08/06/18--06:59: _"Pending download" ...
- 08/06/18--07:24: _HP Ink Printers Rem...
- 08/06/18--07:27: _Adding Memory to a ...
- 08/06/18--08:09: _Microsoft Movies & ...
- 08/06/18--08:34: _Defender update fre...
- 08/05/18--09:59: Insider Weekly Windows 10 Insider Program Pulse #32 Survey
- 08/05/18--10:41: Dark Theme doesn't properly work on File Explorer
- 08/05/18--10:58: Sorting out File History
- 08/05/18--11:12: Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10
- 08/05/18--22:53: Beep and double keystroke
- 08/05/18--23:08: Windows 10 Installer broke
- 08/06/18--00:55: 17113 build ISO
- 08/06/18--00:58: W-10: Upgrade CPU - Does it invalidate product key registration?
- 08/06/18--01:57: Skype Question: How To Backup Chat Of Old Classic Skype?
- 08/06/18--03:16: Latest build Network discovery takes a LONG time (works though)
- 08/06/18--05:58: Windows 10 inconsistent with Updates
- 08/06/18--06:16: bookmarks & fonts changed overnight ... help please
- 08/06/18--06:42: Asus touchpad speed -- 'Most Sensitive' not sensitive enough.
- 08/06/18--06:59: "Pending download" problem!
- 08/06/18--07:24: HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- 08/06/18--07:27: Adding Memory to a Graphics Card
- 08/06/18--08:09: Microsoft Movies & TV joins Movies Anywhere
- 08/06/18--08:34: Defender update frequency normal?
Welcome to our *Weekly Windows Insider Pulse Poll*. Please answer the following questions on how you feel about the Windows Insider Program and our flights from this week. We take your feedback seriously and we will use the results of these weekly polls to represent Windows Insider sentiment in Flight Ops the following week.
*Take survey at:* WIP Weekly Pulse...
For some reason, I enable the Dark Theme but only half of the File Explorer gets dark.
I have tried changing the system color, switching it on/off. Nothing seems to work.
Any ideas? 🤔
Looks like File History typically runs forever or is aborted without error messages.
The log files suggest that lots of files were not successfully backed up, without specifics:
Unable to finish backup cycle for configuration ...
Unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration ...
File was not backed up due to an error:
Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program).
Does anybody know how to disable this feature entirely, preferably through the registry?
The apps created using an earlier version of Windows does not work.
The favorites are gone and so do the Download folder.
Every time computer is started, the 'Getting ready' shows up.
All shortcuts from previous boot gone.
Summary (http://hodentek.blogspot.com/2018/08/installing-new-insider-preview-of_4.html) here again.
Any suggestions? Stay with it, or revert to previous build.:confused...
Hi, I have windows 10 on my acer aspire ES 15 laptop. I have encountered an issue where whenever I key a letter or number my laptop beeps and the letter or number i type appears twice. Locking the modifier key in sticky keys does nothing. Turning on the filter keys prevents the double keystroke but makes typing and using the backspace key painfully difficult on even the lowest delay setting and...
For some odd reason, my windows uninstaller is broke.
I've had this before, and no way to fix it, so ended up formatting my drive and re-installed everything.
Now again... it's broke, and wonder if there is a way to fix it properly?
1. uninstall programs just hangs.
2. MS C++ Libraries in the Add/remove programs I cannot do Repair.. it just sits there. (that normally just runs, so I could...
Seem to have 1 rogue computer -- installs fine on another identical (or identical as far as I can see - but who knows with "unbranded chips" these days in Mobos etc. Note it's UK copy so date is in format dd/mm/yy
Trying to install latest Insider preview copy 17730rs5
Attachment 198368 (https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/installation-upgrade/198368-fail-tried-3-times-install-build-17730rs5-can-i-get-iso-fail.png)
Any idea where I can...
trying to download 17713 build ISO from windows insider website but it will not let me
i am signed in
tried last night but it stop after a couple of mins and would not let me restart it
even tried 17715 but will not download
need iso as ssd has failed and have tried iso on my usb drive via rufus but is not reconised
cannot read the usb drive on my desktop
I did the free upgrade from W-7 to W-10 via a clean install where I used my Lenovo's MS product key. As I understand it when this was done MS records certain hardware information along with the product key so that it cannot be used on another PC. I now want to upgrade the CPU on my PC. The motherboard will remain the same. The new CPU is from the same manufacturer with the same model #. The...
I keep receiving an error message saying that I'll need to upgrade to the most recent version of Skype: "Skype 8.25".
I'm still running Skype version 7.41 on my Windows 10 PC. I'm told my version of Skype will be shut down soon.
It's really important for me to be able to back up all of my chat history with all of my contacts on Skype.
How can I make sure this is done 100%...
Network discovery seems to take an age to run - even for as little as 4 computers on the network. This is after latest W10 build. OK it finds all the machines but a long time - especially when you do a Refresh.
Samba finds all the machines in seconds - or less.
However at least Windows finds all the machines now - so that's got to be an improvement.
When I try and update to Insider via Windows update it at boot (having done the updates) on one rogue machine fails and rolls back to before the update.
Download the .iso and update from within Windows (note W10 can mount isos - no prob) works perfectly
What's the difference (note in both cases an update not clean install).
Why is W10 so unpredictable --I like most of it. ...
For some reason it seems my bookmark folders have gone a horrible gray colour and all the fonts have gone smaller, I really do not like this look at all, it looks cold and unfriendly if you can say that about a bookmark page :-)
I am betting that this question has been asked before but I have been looking on search engines for a few days without finding an answer, now discovered...
I'd like a trackpad setting so that a swipe from corner to mid-point moves the cursor from corner to corner. With 'Touchpad Sensitivity' set to 'Most Sensitive' the ratio is less than 1:1.
I just this morning updated the Asus driver via Device Manager. No issues. Windows is up to date.
Is there any way to achieve this?
Hello guys, lately, all out of sudden, I am unable to update my Windows (17723.1000) to 17730.1000 (rs5_release) Insider Preview as well as receive definition update for Windows Defender because of the "Pending download" status. I have tried deleting temporary files as well as using Windows Repair from Tweaking.com but nothing seems to help. What could be the possible solution?
Thank you in...
*SUPPORT COMMUNICATION- SECURITY BULLETIN*
*Document ID:* c06097712
*HPSBHF03589 rev. 2 - HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution*
*Notice:*: The information in this security bulletin should be acted upon as soon as possible.
Good morning everyone,
I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card?
Its happening Microsoft is *finally* (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/moviesanywhere) part of Movies Anywhere. The company has been *working* (https://www.thurrott.com/music-videos/microsoft-movies-and-tv/154217/microsoft-talks-join-movies-anywhere) to bring support for Movies Anywhere to Microsoft Movies & TV for months, and the wait is finally over.
Movies Anywhere is a...
I noticed that starting 1st Aug. every day a restore point is created (Windows Modules Installer). Looking to which updates I received, I noticed that, starting 15 July, Defender Definition Updates were successfully installed every day and often 3 updates/day (possibly with every PC start).
This behaviour is different from the past (both frequency as creating a restore point). Did something...